Content Harry Potter

Reviews

agouraki posted a comment on Saturday 9th August 2008 11:39am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

I hope that you wont do it"harry leaves for train ing and comes back ready to forgive them" cliché thought the ron bashing and the sentimental stuff about he abuse and if he forgive them is getting boring after the 100th fiction




Mmm after the masterpiece sunrise over Britain and its prequel I expected better from you guys oh well its bot slash or harry/wolverine father figure that gives it its 3.5/5 from me till now

LDA posted a comment on Wednesday 6th August 2008 11:06pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Loving the new fic and all I just wish it wasn't going to be a Harry/Ginny ship... with the mutants and hundreds of other witches around ahh the missed opertunitiesand all oh well maybe next time lol

keep up the great work though I can't wait to see what is coming next..

mwinter posted a comment on Wednesday 6th August 2008 4:53pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

hoping you'll update soon

Carol Layland posted a comment on Tuesday 5th August 2008 3:12am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

When will you post the next chapter to this fic.

Rae Hazelbaker posted a comment on Sunday 3rd August 2008 1:59am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

I really like this story!

Bernd Jacobitz posted a comment on Thursday 31st July 2008 5:03pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

I did not really like the first chapter that much.
You made the story much more fascinating in this one. I will keep on reading.

h_p4eva posted a comment on Tuesday 29th July 2008 4:39pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Hi, Im not usually into x-over fics but your such good writers ive started reading this one and im enjoying it good work, Do you both think in the prophesy when it states harry will be marked equal to voldemort that their powers are equal? if so im very interested to see what powers you give voldemort to match harry's mutant powers. I dont think people give enough credit to fanfic writers like yourself that turn out such awesome work as you do /cheers for box and alex. I really enjoyed your other stories too especially power of the pres. Cyas

Stephanie Mestnik posted a comment on Tuesday 29th July 2008 5:42am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

just read the story and i really enjoy it, i can't wait for more, as for the reason for this review it is more to laugh at mihir? i think it was that thinks that from july 3rd to july 28th is more than a month. don't let someone elses impatiant grummblings rush you.

Mihir posted a comment on Monday 28th July 2008 2:44am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Hey, I just re-read your chapter, and I noticed that Hermionie did not mention that Magical folk are different from Muggles ... wouldn't that be a valid point to make? Just a thought ... it would make them more accepting of Mutants if they themselves realized that they are different to begin with ...
Anyway, moving on ... WHEN THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO UPDATE??!! Not that I am complaining or anything, but its been a bit more than a MONTH since your last update ... so I thought I'd ask ...

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Sunday 27th July 2008 10:01am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Good chapter.

gunny

LadyGoldenLake posted a comment on Saturday 26th July 2008 11:35pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

I love this story can't wait for the next chapters!!

mrslaura posted a comment on Friday 25th July 2008 3:41am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

wonderful - I have read all of your other stories and I just love them - please update soon - also I hope this finds you both in great health.

sparrowphoenix posted a comment on Sunday 20th July 2008 8:17am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Please update soon. I love this so far!!!!

perspicacity posted a comment on Sunday 20th July 2008 3:01am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Hi. Just thought I'd leave a quick review.

First the good: I am enjoying your story. As always, your writing exhibits rock-solid mechanics and you've composed a very well written, polished piece, You paint a vivid set of images and your Logan is entertaining, as he should be. The twist of having Jean be Lily's twin is an elegant plot twist; while I haven't read many X-men/HP cross-overs, this seems like a nice way to integrate the two worlds. The quality of the writing and the novelty are enough to have me checking back for updates. Unlike Sunrise/Sunset, which bogged down in places, the pace moves here, even where there's a bunch of talking going on. Congratulations on a very nice start to a story.

There were a few things that were a disappointment: Like many of your stories, you're writing another angsty super-Harry (enough angst that it sort of belies the whole "humor" label). It seems almost a foregone conclusion at this point in the reading that, barring something really tragic, Harry, a top-flight mutant who is also more powerful magically than Dumbledore, is going to be able to have his way with Voldemort. Like Tim's longer stories, this reduces much of the tension of the story for me.

Your choice of casting a manipulative, out-of-touch Dumbledore who wrongs everyone with his "for the greater good" decisions is pretty common in fanfiction nowadays. Sure it's easy--his lines almost write themselves--but is it right? Doing the "same ol' same ol'" but doing it better than everyone else is good, but you two are great, not merely good; it's not the best I know you can do.

Another thing that I would have liked to have seen done differently is the whole Ron-as-jealous-closed-minded-prat thing. Ron is too easy a target, frankly, and I don't think it's especially imaginative (either for author or reader) to portray him as such. I had hoped you'd reach for something different in this piece since you've beat him up enough already in Sunset/Sunrise. Hermione, again, comes off as the tolerant voice of reason, a natural role for her, but one that's also perhaps too easy. I understand you have a cult following of H/Hr aficionados who would stone you for considering writing her as less than sympathetic, but I think this piece could use that bit of edginess an antagonistic Hermione could provide.

An alternative that would have been fun and would have really made this piece for me would have been to reverse roles--let Ron be the tolerant, reasonable one and Hermione be the one who couldn't accept Harry as mutant. I can imagine several ways for this to be believable and having someone with Hermione's intellect working counter to Harry's interests could have made for a more challenging Hogwarts environment for Harry later on.

It's silly, I know, to mention this stuff since this isn't the story you set out to write. But I thought I'd bring it up anyway in the hope that in the future you might consider turning your prodigious talent toward less "plain-vanilla" castings. Harry Potter fanfiction has matured to the point where we can embrace the counter-culture.

In terms of mechanics, the one thing I would bring up is that, like Tim, you often have your characters making speeches rather than engage in organic dialogue. Hermione and, to a lesser extent, Ginny both seem to be speaking as if they know someone (the reader?) is eavesdropping.

On balance, I consider this is story to be a worthy addition to both fandoms. There is a great deal to like about this story and I am happy you are writing it. I look forward to reading more.

Best wishes,

-Brian (Pers)

impulse posted a comment on Sunday 20th July 2008 1:39am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

its really nice to read this story i always liked x-men series but reading it mixed with harry potter its outstanding!
i love your story N its source idea wish u update it soon.

Paladin11 posted a comment on Friday 18th July 2008 12:53pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

i just reread this and realised that harry hasnt really met any mutants his own age, is that going to be a trend for the story or is that going to change in the next chapters

Katsuhito posted a comment on Friday 18th July 2008 11:12am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

I like where you're going with this one. This is also probably the best (so far ;-) ) HP/Xmen crossovers I've seen. But then again, I haven't seen such a story told by an author of your caliber yet, either.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what happens when Harry returns to Hoggy-wartz. Most notably the response and interactions with his peers, and their reactions to his new toys and knowledge. (Reactions to his newfound status will prolly be fun too, but just the thought of Hermione having kittens about a magic-shielded laptop-stored library is quite amusing, not to mention a 1-seater fighter jet that he keeps in his back pocket.)

So, will Harry be interacting with the (pseudo-)canon Marvel-verse too, or is this going to be largely set in the Wizarding world?

Sana posted a comment on Friday 18th July 2008 2:06am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Very good story!

Shaw posted a comment on Wednesday 16th July 2008 7:28pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

awww i finished a good story left me wanting to continue reading.Like how everything developing esp Ron kinda true to character i feel

runnerman87 posted a comment on Tuesday 15th July 2008 11:14am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

I'm curious whether Harry's aptitude for flight and his ability to withstand extreme G-forces are manifestations of an as-yet unidentified ability.

Things seem to be moving forward nicely. I look eagerly forward to the next installment.