Content Harry Potter

Reviews

DarthDuncan posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 10:43pm

Excellent chapter as usual, I like the fact that lily and jean were twins. I wonder if Jean will get any magical training, I know you said her talent was weak but it would be interesting. I can't wait to see how Logan helps out Harry, could make the fight against death eaters messier then usual.

Lionsgate posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 10:38pm

Hmmm .
Not bad for starters ...
Why are people flaming ... there's no Harry / Ginny yet . Give them a chanche folks !
Can I however ask one favor , no Carrot / Hermione secondary ship please !
To manny H/G autors make that mistake .
But no candy or do... yet Bob !
You will have to give us more ... a lot more for that .
Thanks again for writing and keep it going .
Best regards Rudy

drkjester posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:57pm

Ok, I love this story so far. I never would have thought of this x-over, but you did it and made it believable at the same time. I am so looking forward to future chapters.

Disobedience posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:50pm

An excellent start to a story.

I'm intrigued with the Dumbledore you've created here. Normally they're rather operatic villains...but this one is creepy, evil, and ordinary. (For example, his rationalization "it is a good thing I am here to guide him," is superbly banal and chilling at the same time.)

I'm excited to see where you take this.

liquidfyre posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:44pm

*snerks the bob wonder and tickles emu girl*

SteveD3 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 8:54pm

Nice...That rocked, and I rarely read X-overs.
Cant wait for more.

LaCroix posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 8:28pm

Well, that was something new.

I'm rather sure we will have Magneto into the mix too, now that there is a really powerfull Mutant around, one who can do magic! And wandless to boot.

An a bit greyish mindset would do Harry well, as he can't hug the Deez and Moldy to death, so it will serve him well to have had a look into the abyss for a while.

Ron is a bastard, so good riddance. the only brave thing he ever did was sacrify himself in the chess game, and I bet it was more due his reluctance to loose at chess.

Hermione should have known this before. Maybe the twins can get her to finally see the light about Darth Dumbledore.

Keep up the stories, you are my favourite authors!

Thomas

proftlb posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 7:28pm

Wow - excellent start to your latest story! The characterization is great, and, I have to admit, I'm a sucker for HP/X-men crossovers. Thanks for sharing this - I can't wait to see what happens next:)

piad2691 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 6:48pm

Oh jah, oh yah, wriggle and dance happily in one place. You said you would be back, and boy are you back. My eyes are ready for the next chapter. I have been mising you. In the meantime I have been buzzing round your favorites at ff.net. You have made some great choices. See you on the www.

joeBob posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 6:40pm

While crossovers tend to spin out and crash badly, this was a fine, epic start.

Biggest bad thing is the foreshadowing. It seems Harry is being set up to go back to Hogwarts and NOT kill Dumbledore.

joeBob posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 6:34pm

Meh. Not great. Could've used more threats and vitriol.

solunvar posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 6:11pm

Some of the ideas presented have been done before, a lot of times. Having said that, your version seems a lot better than those of other authors.
And I was kinda looking forward to a (temporarily) twisted Harry by your hands; I'm curious how exactly you're going to either get rid of his attitude or develop into a less harsher opinion.
Thanks for another addiction!

candace1 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 6:01pm

Love It!! Love It!! Love It!! I can't wait for the next chapter. You guys rock something fierce!!! (again glomps both) Have you guys ever thought of doing a Harry Potter/Naruto crossover? If you guys watch the show and/or read the manga, knowing your talent, you can do a better job for both shows/books. Think about it, neh? Will wait for next chapter. xoxoxo :)

Rakhasa posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 5:57pm

Since I felt sort of guity for my first review (which more or less amounted to KEWL!!!! MOAR! with a few extra words), I'll decided to post a second.
I have decided to point the things I did not like or think could be improved, instead of the ones I liked -since I loved the chapter in general, there would be too many.
I _will_ mention one thing i liked, since I am a Ginny hater: I liked than you got Ginny in trouble in the very first chapter. That means than she now will need to work on Harry's friendship and trust, and we won't have the usual relationship disaster than has doomed the Ginny/Harry ship for me (also known as the "Wow, that strange redheaded stalker than I have been ignoring for the last five books is suddenly very hot! I am in LUUV! We must be SoulmatesTm" theorem). We may have a realistic Harry/Ginny relationship for a chance (on a note completely unrelated to my Ginny hate, have you considered than if Ginny is acidentally eaten by rabid puffksteins then Storm could heal the heartbroken Harry...).

On the negative side, I think I only found three problems, and in all honestly they aren't too big, either.

Ron goes from "There are no mutants" to "Mutants Bad! Kill" too fast -even for a bigoted git like him. Btu then, he IS Ron. Logical reasoning has never been his forte.

Harry also goes from too dark, and then too light, fast. The Dark past is understandable, and in fact more realistic than canon. Harry, living with the Dursleys, should have snapped by Fourth year at the latest. But then he trusts the mutants too fast -even if one of them is his mother's twin. He should not become a trusting boy again in a long time, as everyone he trusted has betrayed him. Jean -and specially Charles Xavier, wich is another Headmastr for a non-muggle scholl- should need quite a long time to gain hi strust.
Now, his "too light" reactions this chapter probably are more a result of shock than a trurning point. By now, Harry has purposely thrown Piers down the ceiling -and been sorry than he survived. This darkish Harry than does not let everyone walk over him is rather entertaining, but if the "repents" too fast his character will lose some credibility. it is something to watch overthe next chaperts.
Also, by now Harry hates muggles and dislikes wizards. He may latch to the mutants if they prove trustworthy -and with the Xmen I don't see how they wouldn't. Xavier should make very sure than Magneto does not get his hands on Harry before he can be healed of his muggle hate.

Lastly, the professor forgives Dumbledore obliviation disaster way too easily. A person like Charles Xavier, who is a freakin' powerful telepath with strong moral beliefs, would never accept some bumbling amateur cheerfully destroying memories whenever he wants. You could add a scene in a later chapter in which Dumbledore rememebers how he had to relearn the whole obliviation field of magic after Xavier removed the spells from his mind (Dumbledore _is_ a genius, so even if he lost the spells he could recover his skill in a few months)

Darkon posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 5:29pm

Nice very nice. I've read quite a few x-man/harry potter stories before, most with Jean as the Aunt/adoptive parent or Logan as James since his mutant ability has resurrected him before or just as an adoptive father though only when Jean doesn't or isn't with Scott and I must say that yours is starting in the upper five percent of them. I have liked all of your stories and have great hopes for this one.

noylj posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 5:18pm

The only thing I have against the ship is that Harry will not get to "know" storm or any of the other hot female X-men.I don't really know much about the X=men other then every muggle would have to know about them and all the muggle born and raised would have been telling their magical friends about mutants. The WW would see mutants as a very real threat and would be working to kill them all.
You are going to have to work REAL hard to make Harry trusting and loving Ginny believable. He'll probably trust the twins but even that will be hard unless he can really be aware that they have quit and will not be Dumblebots any more.

carlelonex posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 5:01pm

im usualy worryed by cross overs, but this is good so far. i also hated harry and ginny pareing but your other work is bringing me round. keep up the good work and continue to destroy the values i hold most dear.

heavenshavoc posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 4:45pm

The plot of the story is written fairly well, as expected. I could tell your writing has improved slightly from your previous stories. Finally, I'd like to mention that every time Harry would teleport I always imagine the sound being "BAMF!" makes me chuckle everytime.

CaffeineAddict posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 4:34pm

Bob and Alyx, great start to what is looking to be a fascinating read, it's nice to see something different (even though you always do something original) being done once in a while and this doesn't disappoint. Good to see the muses decided to come back from wherever the little buggers went on vacation (you now have them suitably shackled I presume?), did they at least bring back t-shirts? As for Canon Police, I think it's reasonable to assume that Alyx has enough 'toys' stockpiled at this point to eliminate them in a prudent and suitably messy fashion.

Looking forward to the next installment,

CA

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 4:10pm

Wow! This is great. What a powerful beginning. I know I am really going to like this story. Thanks so much. I hope Hermione and Ron can gain Harry's forgiveness. Hermione especially should have known better. Everyone gives Dumbledore too much credit. Thanks for a different view. pms