Content Harry Potter

Reviews

KenF posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 2:57pm

The talking bomb reminds me of something in Starship Troopers, except the room full of locals new exactly what it meant.

Good chapter. Dumbles is really going off the rails, here. I see good guys getting hurt if he isn't neutralized fast.

KenF

Seel'vor posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 2:53pm

As always, a superb chapter. It's always a joy and a treat when we get the e-mail advising there's a new chapter, and this was no different.

I have to admit, the section at the end made me giggle like a four year old girl. The idea of a bomb shouting at people what it is, and they just stand there like monkeys, scratching themselves, was absolutely priceless.

Thanks for sharing, Bob & Alyx

BCKemp posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 2:28pm

I've no witty response or other critical comment. But after the day at the office I've had today I really enjoyed the boom at the end. I think I'll go watch the Enterprise explode in Star Trek III now. In all seriousness, I'm enjoying watching Harry think his way through his problems instead of stumbling along blindly and lucking his way into a solution. Thanks for taking the time to share this tale -- it's a blast. No pun intended.

ckillen posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 2:22pm

Great work, as usual... Looking forward to more chapters at a faster pace?
lumbe' tlhInganpu'

noylj posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 2:21pm

"We can't punish people because they have potential to turn evil, Harry," Hermione said.
I was under the impression that Pansy was about as evil and useless as Draco? Hasn't she done enough already to be condemned?

Please, please, please, let the killing of DEs and Bumbles begin. I just do not understand Xavier's argument. Terrorism will not stop unless you kill the terrorists. Personally, up until possibly this moment, I saw Bumbles and Xavier as almost twins in their naive view of the world and taking care of murderers.
PS: you used ordinance instead of ordnance.
Thanks for the update.

Tarkas posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 2:13pm

Another excellent chapter, with a terrific resolution to the "kidnap Jean" sub-plot; the DEs really don't know what they're dealing with, do they? <g> The ferret's tattoo was a nice touch, with a neat double meaning given JKR's post-DH comments on DD's propensities. And the best part of all was Harry's plan for reworking the world; whether it will work or not is open to a lot of debate, but it's good to see him using his brain and planning for the future he wants. Let's hope he succeeds.

Of course, the "exothermic reaction device" is a hoot. You can have so much fun with talking bombs, as witness Heinlein, Dark Star, Schlock Mercenary and a couple of good jokes my sons and I wrote once upon a time (think impatience... <eg>).

BTW, that1, I think your son goofed slightly: water would be dihydrogen oxide, not peroxide; the peroxide ion is (O2)-, so dihydrogen peroxide would simply be hydrogen peroxide, H2O2, which I would not drink if I were you -- it doubles as rocket fuel and hair bleach. It's still a good gag, though, and it reminds me of a similar load of jargon that I and some friends came up with far too long ago: "hydrated hydronium hydroxide, 55.5 molar strength, in aqueous solution". Again, it just means water. Detailed explanation available on [private] request. ;-)

Oh, and the disclaimer was one of your best yet, bob and alyx, and posting this chapter when you did made it a great wedding anniversary present (32 years! Ye gods and Arcturan mega-donkeys...!), so thanks for that, too.

ghostchicken posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 2:02pm

I love how you deal with Voldemort. I've read those stories you listed, by the way, and I liked them very much...just like this one. That emotional exchange between Harry and Hermione brought a tear to my eye and Jean's revelations to SEPTIMA Vector (not Vivian), Minerva McGonagall, and Dumbledork--er, dore--had me wanting to stand up and cheer! I loved that line, "every time you hear that sound, a little piece of Harry Potter, the wizard, dies..." BRAVO!!!!

ratchet freak posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 2:00pm

I love that last bit though I'd have used concussive exothermic reaction device that's a bit more specific in that it is an explosion

Crys posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 1:13pm

*smirk* Thank you, Logan. I'm sure Xavier (and Jean) will yell at you and Harry, though.

Oh, and Tracey and Daphne? Well done with the Ferret.

AD's willfully blind. The active hostilities in the school, and he's kowtowing to Snape and Malfoy's whinging about his "disfigurement". Gah.

Loving the story. Looking forward to more.

that1 posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 1:10pm

I'm a exothermic reaction device!...

That sounds like a prank my son left on one of the water coolers at school. A sign was left stating that - Warning this water cooler is contaminated with the cleaning solvent "dihydrogen-peroxide". (Other wise known as H-2-O ... water) there were a number of kids that would not drink from the cooler.

greywizard posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 1:09pm

"I'm a exothermic reaction device! 30. I'm a exothermic reaction device! 29..."

OMG, I *LOVE* that line!! ;-) Glad to see you've read the classic 'Starship Troopers,' too.

I also thought that you're demonstrating perfectly that Dumbledork is hanging onto his Slytherin roots to the detriment of everyone and everything else, without even realizing how he's alienating the few supporters he has left in the school.

Harry talking revolution is perfectly in keeping with the character you're presenting us here, and I'm looking forward to seeing them all standing among the smouldering rubble of the Wizarding World, once this war is over, and smiling with satisfaction at a job well done.

Thanks again for sharing this with us.

ghostchicken posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 1:05pm

Still loving the story, but Grindelwald's name was Gellert, not Gustav. No biggie...just thought you should know. LOL

Harry's trust issues are a central part of a lot of FF and I think JKR glossed over that aspect of the boy's psyche. He gave it far too easily and was quick to forgive. Forgiveness is a wonderful thing, but even Harry ran out of cheeks to turn.

I'm not a Ron-hater and I really don't like the bashing many authors put on him. Yes, he's a jealous git at times, but he's also a teenager from a poor family who has a best mate who's got more money than God, who is famous, and seems to have everything he wants.

What Ron doesn't see, as a teenager, is that money and fame can't hold you when you're afraid or tell you it loves you even when you make mistakes. Harry would give every last Knut in every last vault for that.

Ron, like Vernon Dursley and so many others, measures success or failure in terms of possessions or wealth. What is it that the angel, Clarence, teaches George Bailey at the end of "It's a Wonderful Life?" No man is a failure who has friends. Ron had two very good friends in Harry and Hermione, so how could he be a failure just because he didn't have fame and money? But he couldn't see that and now he truly is a failure. Thanks for letting us know that you're giving Ron a chance to redeem himself.

Great job!

Anansii posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 1:02pm

Grin - thank you Robert Heinlein, wherever you are... :)

thetaxzombie posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 12:59pm

Whoo Hoo! What a way to brighten a day!

A very interesting chapter all round. Some good humor, dark but very good.
A most interesting and logical way to intergrate mutants and wizards. Also a very good case for take em down, take em down hard.

On thing that puzzled me slightly is why Moldishorts would want an heir. He's immortal (or as good as) and I can't really see him retiring to a sunny beach in the tropics. (Now if he could be dropped on a sunny beach in the Antarctic that wouldn't be so bad) It was interesting that Pansy is nearly a squib, don't know if that is going to come to play in a later chapter or if that was just a smackdown of a rather nasty character.

Loved Draco's brand, and then the MOB once again showed his true colors.

All and all a great chapter. Thank you for posting it, and especially thank you for translating it back from Klingon, that would of been hell to try to read especially as I've yet to pickup a copy of a translation book.

Riegert8 posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 12:49pm

good chapter

It seem that Dumbledore is really stupid

Eric Heldman posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 12:44pm

Now that is a MIGHTY effective cliffhanger, thankyousomuch. Can't wait to see the next exciting installment of Mutant Storm!

mjc posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 12:41pm

I'm imagining that the last couple of utterances from the bomb are...

"I'm a bomb, you dumb f...BOOM!!!"

Sardor posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 12:15pm

LOL, I loved the ending!!!!

Dustin Hoeppner posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 11:38am

Very good Can't wait for the next chapter

xardoth posted a comment on Thursday 24th June 2010 11:28am

Exothermic reaction device... lawl. Wonder what'll be the results in wizarding society after that news hits.