Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Saturday 15th January 2011 7:36pm for Chapter 31 - A New Day

I never would have thought of using Voldy's spell for Ginny. Smart!

NuitTombee posted a comment on Tuesday 5th October 2010 9:32pm for Chapter 31 - A New Day

Stuff I think needs correction(s):
He looked up to see his mother smiling at him. "She has all the right parts." He brow creased in puzzlement. "How did you know what I was doing?"
I think 'He' needs to be 'His'.

She smiled up at him. "Sore, and a lot smaller," she replied. "Have you meet our daughter yet?"
I believe you meant 'met', not 'meet' or shes too groggy.

I hope you find this helpful, if not I'm sorry.

Patrick Cross posted a comment on Tuesday 11th August 2009 12:48pm for Chapter 31 - A New Day

thank you for mentioning the 4th Infantry Div. (The Ironhorse Division). I was born on their post some 45 years ago, and their mention brings up pleasant memories of Colorado and home.

Kinsfire posted a comment on Thursday 8th November 2007 3:16am for Chapter 31 - A New Day

I reread this and find myself laughing occasionally at how brilliant AND stupid Amelia Bones is. "We're invoking the COuncil of Avalon - why don't you trust that nothing will happen?" "We need to talk about what you can and can't do." She basically wants him in politics the same way that Fudge did - rubber-stamp her proposals and be quiet the rest of the time.

I was both happy and sad when this was done - moreso than I was with the source material ending.

reimanr06 posted a comment on Sunday 10th June 2007 2:57pm for Chapter 31 - A New Day

Hey Bob and Alyx, been catching up on your story, and i want to congratulate you on your great story. I especially like the great military detail. Some of it seems a little sketchy, such as the A-10 Warthog (its not a Navy plane, so where was it launched? Ireland? Norway? It doesn't matter much, but it sticks out a little). other than that, you either did a lot of research or have some military backround -- major props in either case.
While your knowlegde of the military is very good, your knowledge (or should I say, the healer's knowledge) of modern medicine and medical practice seems very very scanty in comparison, especially in the field of anesthesia. For example, why didnt Neville's bed have wheels? I suppose it's not something someone without hospital experience might think about, but patient's beds need to be able to move. Also, it seems silly that Harry had to resort to some old forgotten Celtic spell just to make Ginny's leg numb. It seems to me like a collection of the best healers in the world would be able to do something-- I know any anesthiologist in the US could have. I did like that Susan got that potion for her labor though. So many fanfics are so dumb when it comes to childbirth. On further reflection, in most fanfics, authors stick with the accepted idea that wizards are ignorant and suspicious of Muggle medical technique.
Really, this all is a very minor point when it comes to your entire work, which I have enjoyed immensely. I just wanted to point out that the medical sections are incongruous with the military section when it comes to accuracy and detail. If you ever decide to go back and edit (which would be a monumental task, I admit), that is one area that probably merits some attention.
Please feel free to ignore me, if it so suits you. It won't bother me. After all, you are the excellent writer, and I am the grateful reader.

knightsbridge posted a comment on Thursday 7th June 2007 5:04pm for Chapter 31 - A New Day

I figure I'm leaving this comment late enough in this story not to get an author backlash. I'm an avid Harry/Ginny fan and you have done them proud in some of your stories. Yes, I will download this to a CD, as I have your other works. Be it known that if I hear the words "My heart", or "My beloved" again in the next decade, I may scream. Your pairings were ones we would never think of (Drayco and LUNA??) but you made them work, just as you made the story work...lol, even for a Harry/Ginny shipper (who the hell thought UP that term?)

Selma Flamel posted a comment on Wednesday 6th June 2007 3:44am for Chapter 31 - A New Day

Amazing. Simply amazing.

DAUFahnder posted a comment on Monday 9th April 2007 7:02am for Chapter 31 - A New Day

PLEASE, dont use German if you have no idea what you are writing. "Die Lesestift" is as silly as "the readpen" would be to you.

Alex00 posted a comment on Sunday 8th April 2007 2:46pm for Chapter 31 - A New Day

Awesome chapters.

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Sunday 8th April 2007 4:42am for Chapter 31 - A New Day

AWESOME CHAPTER! I hope this isn't where your going to leave us.

minervakitty posted a comment on Saturday 7th April 2007 9:08am for Chapter 31 - A New Day

Hands Bob a cocktail of health drink. Doesn't taste too bad, and gives a bunch of cocktails for Bob to take later. Harry and Neville should get around to wrestling in real life. I'm surprised that Harry didn't get a new leg. How long would the new leg last, if the castor of said leg dies? Just how many people would be getting new and permanent limbs by this spell?

Highschool Nerd posted a comment on Thursday 5th April 2007 9:20am for Chapter 31 - A New Day

Great chapter!

Gary Meuse posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 11:07pm for Chapter 31 - A New Day

What is going to be done to FRANCE? I know the Council of Avalon disenfrachised the French Ministry, but now that the other countries are involved in cleaning up Britain, what are they going they do about France?

la13 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th April 2007 11:14am for Chapter 31 - A New Day

Smart Harry, thinking of making Ginny a new leg like that! Good to see an idea of Voldemort's to do wrong actually being used to make things better.

Also, I loved the way you showed Neville's grandmother. Her disgusted disregard for Arthur's concern about the state secret "entity" made me laugh.

I enjoyed the chapter muchly!

fyrecat posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 5:16pm for Chapter 31 - A New Day

Great story! I really have enjoyed it a lot! I just have one question though. With all the trouble Harry has with staying on his leg for long periods of time; Hasn't anyone ever heard of a WHEELCHAIR!?!?!?
It's good enough for Professor Xavier so I don't see where Harry would have a problem with it.
For that matter, they could even enchant a normal chair to float at Harry's direction, like a broom. Heck, they could do the same with a few pairs of pants! How convenient would that be? That would give a new meaning to "Flying by the seat of your pants."
Am I the only one who sees obvious solutions to common problems?
Thanks again for the wonderful story!

- Fyrecat

Jeanas posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd April 2007 5:23am for Chapter 31 - A New Day

Dear another ride and the end of the adventure.
Hope that you would write a chapter or two then.
How quickly would the muggle army move to conquest the rest of the country?. Would Harry also be acclaimed by this muggles counterpart?
Poor Harry would be able to go inconito in London anymore?.
Glad that Voldy is gone for real now

Vidar posted a comment on Sunday 1st April 2007 5:32pm for Chapter 31 - A New Day

Exellent:)

Ronnee posted a comment on Sunday 1st April 2007 12:56am for Chapter 31 - A New Day

This has been a great story. I can't wait for whatever you write next. My only quibble with it is that it's so well written I want my kid and foster kids to read it just to see some very well written fan fic, but I can't let them. Oh well, next year the eldest can start Sunset. And the years after that, the others.

Thanks again for the well crafted, interesting, and well written story.

AcceleratedGlass posted a comment on Saturday 31st March 2007 3:24am for Chapter 31 - A New Day

good chapter update soon

Steve6 posted a comment on Saturday 31st March 2007 1:09am for Chapter 31 - A New Day

It's... I mean... Could... That's...

Let me start again.

WOW!!!
(I'd use more exclamations but three should be sufficient to get my point across!!!!)

Fantastic. This story has made it to the top of my reading list. I would hope you spend more time on the story for a couple more chapters anyway. I'm on my knees grovelin' here, man! Have them route out holdouts, those in hiding, and sympathizers such as Orla Quirke's rotten uncle.

Obviously you cannot simply tie up all loose ends as this story would then be twice as long as it is now. But I can hope can't I?

That being said, what's next on the horizon? Or better yet, how long until it is posted?

Seriously, this has been one hell of a ride. Absolutely fantastic. If only book 7 could be as good or as engaging. Time will tell.

Steve