Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Dementor149 posted a comment on Friday 31st January 2020 12:05am for The Matura Magicus

This story came highly reccomended and I was able to track it down. I found it interesting so far. The tropes of Harry being robbed and severly abused are fairly common in Harmony fics. I am intrigued as to where you you will take this.

Ginny and the twins are well written and I liked the new manor away from Grimmauld Place. I saw on your FF page that you have been ill. Thoughts and prayers for your continued recovery - Dementor149.

LoveToReadIt posted a comment on Thursday 20th June 2019 4:58pm for The Matura Magicus

Love this so far! Great job.

Fraulein Takoor posted a comment on Tuesday 17th July 2018 3:08pm for The Matura Magicus

This is quite exciting!! And I love a good Dumbledore/Ron bashing ;)

NebulousDivinity posted a comment on Friday 27th January 2017 5:04pm for The Matura Magicus

I really enjoy the plot so far and it certainly seems to have great potential as a story, the writing is a bit callous to me ,but then again, who am I to talk when mine's not much better? A good story, keep up the good writing!

lilz154 posted a comment on Friday 4th March 2016 4:55pm for The Matura Magicus

Stumbled on to this story and it has definitely caught my attention. Well done!

amandalmalfoy posted a comment on Saturday 25th October 2014 1:51pm for The Matura Magicus

I completely agree with your pet peeve about authors begging for reviews, it's so annoying! Like, just write the damn story already! I know you asked not to cannon pick, but I can't help it! While I'm completely enjoying this story, I wonder why you chose to build another house for Sirius. He detested Grimmauld Place, and only went there because he had no other choice. I wonder why you wouldn't have created some spell to make it impossible for the Order to return to Grimmauld Place. Of course I've only just finished the first chapter, and I can accept that there is a very good chance my question will answer itself.

foodfighter posted a comment on Friday 17th May 2013 6:09pm for The Matura Magicus

Amazing writing. I would have appreciated it though if you didn't give Harry the power of wandless magic quite that quickly.

The quality of this piece of work so far is very impressive. I wouldn't say that it is better than Rowling's own work (which is professionally copyedited anyway), but the quality of the work is pretty close.

ozmial posted a comment on Wednesday 26th September 2012 2:43am for The Matura Magicus

well... it is very well written and you had me hooked..... untill all of the sudden harry can use wandless magic in a single chapter and how he is crying to hermione over his abuse.

now yes he would need somone to talk to and he would eventually open up. but going from in acoma to spilling his guts in just such a short time is not realistic.

him becomeing all powerfull is fine and good.... but he doesnt have to work for it? even if his magical power becomes gigantic he doesnt need to learn controll? he can just adjust charms he doesnt know how to cast even if he knows how they work?

you needed to build this up more or break it down over several chapters with time passing inbetween each lil bit. im not flamein you just tryin to help you write better

i do suck at writing i will admit. but i do know what makes a good story and having all this happen as quickly as it did just makes me not want to continue. ill give you another chapter just in case you were just tryin to get the abuse out of the way... although i cant forgive the wandless magic like that. even if he has a lot of magic he still needs to learn to controll and focous it

Cassandra30 posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd May 2012 9:53pm for The Matura Magicus

Superb beginning. Very exciting!

amsev posted a comment on Thursday 29th March 2012 10:48pm for The Matura Magicus

I am enjoying this story and very intrigued to see where it will go.

If it helps, I know how to knit and can teach the canon-nitpickers to knit if need be (then they would become knitpickers, which is a far more advanced state to be - they'd leave AU stories the heck alone.

Now off to to the next chapter!

phartilous posted a comment on Tuesday 21st February 2012 2:19pm for The Matura Magicus

This is the third time I give up on this fic. I don't mind going AU, or Super Harry, but there are just too many problems with this story.

Harry is much too powerful and talented. He is successful on the first try, even at things that are supposedly impossible. He comes across as a Marty Stu. I wouldn't be surprised if he sparkled in sunlight.

The story feels rushed, too much is happening in too little time, and in far too few words. It feels unfinished, like it's half-way between an outline and a finished story.

Every character seem to overplay their roles. It's like they take turns to dial up the drama to 11 to steal the scene completely whenever they're in the spotlight.

I just read "The Power of the Press", and it's much better written. I even think "Dumbledore's Army/Spiritus Crystalus" is better written than "Sunset Over Britain".

j_davis_tx posted a comment on Monday 9th January 2012 11:42am for The Matura Magicus

great story so far

reader1writer1 posted a comment on Thursday 7th July 2011 4:50am for The Matura Magicus

I'm really enjoying this. thanks for posting :)

Myuu November posted a comment on Monday 7th March 2011 6:08pm for The Matura Magicus

While I agree with you that people who write fan fic for reviews only need not bother, I do think that if you write well, you are entitled to being told exactly that. Hence this review.
The first chapter gives a good view on the starting situation for this fic. It whets the reader's interest and I feel strongly compelled to stop reviewing now so I can turn to the next chapter. Good job so far :D

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Monday 3rd January 2011 5:02am for The Matura Magicus

I agree; Refiners Fire is one of the best fics I've ever read. Sunset over Britain looks like it'll be in my top five as well!!

Fightingmoni posted a comment on Saturday 25th September 2010 8:23am for The Matura Magicus

This is such an amazing first chapter and I'm thrilled that a friend introdced me to it! I look forward to reading the rest.

I love how you write the blossoming romance between Harry and Hermione! It's so romantic!

cello posted a comment on Monday 6th September 2010 2:52am for The Matura Magicus

Oooh, this is wonderful. Holiday weekend, starting to read a long, completed H/Hr story - with a sequel...and I have ice cream!

You began with a bang. Action on multiple fronts, yet not confusing or overloaded.

I like, in particular, the realistic reactions stemming from Harry's less than idyllic childhood. No instant expectations of emotional healing, even though you're moving the story along at a good clip.

Happy me. Thank you.

Abraxan posted a comment on Friday 20th August 2010 8:18pm for The Matura Magicus

Awww, thanks for the kind recommendation! I like your "magic increases at puberty" idea but if Harry's is coming so late, how was he so powerful up to this point? Just curious.

Abraxan

avidreaderbz posted a comment on Tuesday 15th June 2010 9:25am for The Matura Magicus

it occurred to me that by the time i finish reading this fic, i'll probably be done with exams. I just thought that you would be ecstatic to know that. i certainly am! About 6 months ago i found this story recommended as the very best h/hr fic, but couldn't find it (back when i was reading on ff.net, naive little me), so i was uber excited when i found it here :) and so far its seems pretty awesome to me!

karinleemischal posted a comment on Monday 17th May 2010 8:52am for The Matura Magicus

This is a very good story so far. I started it because one of my favorite authors on fanfiction.net, redfrog, recommended it in her profile.

And about your pet peeve, i really agree. I hate starting a story and liking it to have it stop because the author says there aren't enough reviews and stopped updating even though they are finished the story.