Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Hemotem posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 9:13am

Hot damn!! A Harry/Daphne story that reads very well. I like what you have done with this story. The only thing that has me a little disappointed is that you didn't have Hermione take Daphne on her offer to get reacquainted with Harry after a few years.
I thank you again for a great read and look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.


Hemotem

Yanagi posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 8:45am

This is really good. I like the insight into Harry's feelings and the way the wizarding world woke up to itself. Great writing, as usual.

Kingpin posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 8:30am

I have to say that there are a lot of fan fiction writers out there, some of them are good, some of them are bad. The good ones however, are a dime a dozen. When you come across one, you can always tell they put a lot of effort into each chapter or story they write. It doesn't matter the length of the story or chapter but in how it flows. I have always considered you guys to be one of those dime a dozen.

CrimsonEmperor posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 4:46am

Thanks for the story :P!

gadriam posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 4:40am

Beautiful. I understand that you need to write the epilogues to avoid the vicious follow-up bunnies from hell but they still make me cringe a bit, in a pavlovian way. I would have liked a better explanation of why the ex-Potters did the deeds, or rather non-did. What did they think they were accomplishing by this? It's not very clear. Again, i revel in your personalities. You are the masters in writing flesh-and-blood people. Two months of sunshine for each of you and whatever vampire or bureaucrat you wish to torture with it!

g

DrT posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 4:19am

While creating a lot of holes in early canon, it at least shows why Voldemort was so sure he could bring the Potters back in the confrontation at the end of Philosopher's Stone! Overall, a really enjoyable well-contained fic. I esp enjoyed how you dealt with the Horcruxes

Lientjuhh posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 4:15am

I liked it.. Well done.. :) I like the story.. ;) Not really a one-shot but also not really a novel-story.. :) I like it.. :) Well done.. :)

heathw posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 4:14am

Now the bit at the end about Ginny was just plain mean. Funny as hell...but still mean...

darthme1011 posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 4:02am

A+ great story

Ethiliam posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 3:49am

Another great story. Well Done.

I love the Harry / Daphney pairing.
Looking forward to many more stories.

darkleaf posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 3:44am

Very nice story. I don't know if the Potters could be considered evil, since they were merely dupes to Dumbledore like Hermione was, but I guess that's a perspective issue. I do agree that there can be no possible reconciliation, as their decision to accept Dumbles plan was reprehensible. Their betrayal of Sirius was even worse, though I do wonder what happened to Remus in this story?

I also like the Ginny ending. Though I like Ginny (Anxiously awaiting the next chapter of MS), she was brainwashed early to want Harry. Not evil, as she probably truly loved him, but tragic nonetheless.

mwinter posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 3:29am

Cool story. Thanks for the story as we wait for Muntant Storm.

Rage and Light posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 2:49am

Oh wonderful story once again, I am a big fan of the pairing of harry and daphne so I loved this even more. Well detailed and the way the story flowed was great. I also love the stories with manipulative dumbledores so this was good for that as you seem to have a way of making the old man look evil or just insane which I love.

David

potterfrkintx posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 2:06am

YAY!! A most successful venture! I loved reading and anxioulsy await more stories from you! You are by far one of my favorite authors of Harry Potter fan fiction on the entire web!! keep up the most excellent work Bob!

EchoingSilences posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 1:49am

For the most part, it was pretty enjoyable.
You kept the revenge and actions fairly realistic, and it's always good to see Harry master politics.
On the other hand, the romance seemed rushed, and you switched POV within sections a few times.
Overall, though, it was a fun read.

-Echo

PamelaC posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 1:48am

Pretty good read for a one-shot. Yet another neat Voldemort death - I really liked that bit.
I liked the Harry / Daphne relationship and the Hermione finds out fall-out too. The central story was okay, bit of a re-hash on the political side, but what can you do with the wizarding world mess Rowling gave us!
I definitely thought Harry's response to finding his parents alive etc etc was completely in character and appropriate; while I appreciated your effort to show how Lily just sort of drifted into it without meaning to go so far. Only I can't actually imagine risking my year-old child in such a way, ever, for anyone. Bit far-fetched that but since you needed it for the story ...
Thanks for the work and sharing your imagination, Cheers ... p

Toran posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 1:30am

I generally enjoy your stories but I found the ending of this particular one a bit forced and rushed. Especially the Epilogue. The Epilogue felt like it was written before you finished the story and ran into the same pitfall I felt that Rowling did when she wrote the epilogue of her books. It didn't feel like the epilogue evolved with the story and was almost an after thought. The rest of the story I enjoyed though.

goku90504 posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 1:28am

cool story though i'd love to see more from the points of views of the former potters and dumbledor really muddy the waters show how things are rarely so cut and dry

mpop posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 1:21am

The epilogue with Lavender and Ginny was a particularly nice touch.

I've always hated stories where the Potters live and Harry winds up forgiving them.

Rob Clark posted a comment on Saturday 29th May 2010 12:40am

Awesome story! Great revenge/betrayal story. Didn't go overboard but everyone got pretty much what they deserved. This is why fiction is better than real life. ;)

Rob