Content Harry Potter

Reviews

webdoc posted a comment on Saturday 8th September 2007 7:44am for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Here are some donuts for you. you deserve them

slayersfan01 posted a comment on Saturday 8th September 2007 4:32am for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Awesome. Absolutely awesome. I really love this series. Writing this in the order that you did is genius as well. Please continue to write and I hope the next part comes out soon!

I hope that you do not mind but one part bothers me a little bit. Were there pureblood wizards that did not believe in the whole Pureblood regime that Dumbledore was creating that did not end up at Harry's island?

I'm talking about people like Neville Longbottom and his wife and other people who didn't seem to believe in Voldemort and Dumbledore's philosophy to kill muggleborns, halfbloods and muggles. Did they change and turn to killing/torturing/etc. when Dumbledore manipulated the world? Did the Weasleys also adopted the Pureblood regime, hence why only the twins and Bill are at the island? I'm wondering where all the so called "Light" families are in this genocide that Dumbledore and the rest of the world are doing.

Hemotem posted a comment on Wednesday 5th September 2007 11:11pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Good read I have read them out of order but it is good to know that the stories are good enough to be a standalone read.

Thank you.

Hemotem

jdcox61 posted a comment on Tuesday 4th September 2007 12:41pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

I like this new chain of stories, i can't wait to see where it's going. Thank you bob and alyx for giving me something to do while I'm at work.

sinayah posted a comment on Tuesday 4th September 2007 7:18am for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Hey you two, just wanted to drop a note and let you know how much I'm enjoying this new series! I absolutely love it. I've been re-reading sunset/sunrise and this gave me the perfect opportunity to take a break with a bit more light hearted story.

Now, as I've mentioned I've been reading sunset/sunrise again, including the bloopers in some chapters. Therefore I thought to include this small one in my review and encourage you to post it with the next edition of Wizards Fall to show all your readers that even the best authors can make a humorous err slip now and then ;)

Harry watched Victoria change the color of her castle to a shocking pink and his slips twitched.

Christopher Patton posted a comment on Tuesday 4th September 2007 3:04am for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Well, if you write more of this verse maybe we'll think about considering letting you see that there are donuts near by. :-)

Great new addition to this series of stories. I must admit when I started reading this story I was expecting to run into the "Magic School Bus and Ms. Frizz" from the Scholastic Books series of children's stories. That because that bus has to be enchanted out the wazoo.

Thanks for this story, I love the vivid descriptions and how it seems like I'm there watching things happen.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Monday 3rd September 2007 8:23pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Great part here, and really liking the way things turned out here. Given the way this Dumbledore acts, I don't see that bg of a difference between he and the canon one, who may well have done more terrible things that were chronicled. Liked the idea of the folks from the America's popping up and into their lives, as well as seeing what this will do to Harry to drive the things around him.

cjh1 posted a comment on Monday 3rd September 2007 2:36pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

I'm really likeing the story. More Puff Please. Love that little guy. Maybe you can write a story about Vicky, Puff and all their little adventures.

Tlcatlady posted a comment on Monday 3rd September 2007 5:28am for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Not to be greedy, but more soon please!!

tru posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 11:44pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Wonderful, as always. Many thanks for an enjoyable read.

nurray posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 8:30pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Intersting, Dumbledore's motives become a lot clearer in this installment, whereas before, Dumbledore seems to be sitting back and letting things occur.

"Puff the magic dragon" I cant believe you incorporated that into your story. With a child "creating" Puff it worked beautifully.

Maybe I missed it on the stories, but Professor Flitwick assisted Hermione to escape but we dont know his story after that or McGonnagal, Vector's and Sprout's when they resigned. Did they get to Potter's redoubt eventually?

Another good addition to a fascinating storyverse.

anettemargarete posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 6:52pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

oh wow, i'm floored. it's been awhile that i needed to cry while reading fanfiction.
Thanks for the children and the bus and Puff!

anette

Rift120 posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 3:14pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

I'm curious about Shangri-la actually... I wonder if the ICW will be successful in penetrating it before Harry and Luna's little nanobots enter the scene....

or if Shangri-la might somehow avoid the Nano-bot scourge...

Kay posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 2:20pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

glazed, powdered, or chocolate?

duncan963 posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 1:10pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Nice famly groupings graet pranks. Would like to see ICW or Dumbdoor office recieve gifts from Greg and Forge. Will Harry go to Shangri-La? All and all its very good . Thank you

Dustin Johannes posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 12:43pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Gasp!!! They're withholding the donuts from Alex, too??? What is this world coming to?

Well, at least I'm not holding you two under wandpoint forcing you to write...I'm just here for the read. Which was excellent, if I might add. Just take your time, as that will ensure future excellence. Umm....if I may ask, however...the llama that Bob rode out onto the stage in the disclaimer...it wasn't pink, perchance, was it? I've seemed to have misplaced one...or was it a sheep? (I had read a news story online a few weeks ago about a Scottish sheep herder that dyed the wool of his sheep pink, to entertain passing traffic caught in traffic jams. It's interesting what people will come up with. What's next???) Well, keep up the great work, and I'll look forward to your next. So until next time...

Dudeous1492

aka

Dustin Johann (you know, the newbie Death Eater recruit from Germany that went splat on the Great Hall ceiling from ingesting WWW's Flaming Flatulence Potion in Sunrise? I'm still laughing about that, you know.)

Katherine posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 12:09pm for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

I love this series. I can't wait for the numbers to jump just like Mr. Granger thinks it could go from 5 a week to 500 arriving in Norman's Cay. Can't wait for when Luna arrives and for Blaise Zambini. Who will the other surprises be? That Harry would never think to ever see or arrive and need shelter? In wizards fall you mentioned 16,000 people lived on Norman's Cay that is a very small number for all world wide number of muggleborn and half bloods I think. I can't wait to see who or how they come up with the idea to kill outside wizards’ ability to create magical children. And does that include magical creatures? Will mermaids, goblins, Centaur, dragons, and other magical beings be able to grow and reproduce without worrying now about magical people killing them for potions or because of prejudice? They can grow in numbers and only worry about territory. You also haven’t mentioned Molly, Arthur or Charlie Weasley what happened to them? And what about a Quittich teams on Norman’s Cay? Some pro and amateurs too.

canoncansodoff posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 8:22am for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

I've thoroughly enjoyed this series, and imagine that I'll love it even more when the snow starts to fly and I'm dreaming of warm sun and seas.

The addition of the school bus coven to the community, and the anticipation of some new arrivals from Argentina was great. With the nanite plague acting worldwide, it would have been a shame to see only the British wizard traditions preserved. Given a "final" Avalon population of 16k, there should be lots of room for African shamans, Tibetan magical monks, and the like. In fact, I think that someone like Hermione would enjoy the Noah-esque challenge of cataloging the different traditions, and ensuring that there was representatives on-island once Potter's Punishment was conceptualized.

Which leads to another interesting question/puzzle. You suggest many different types of magic, performed within communities that are relatively isolated/distinct geographically. But as soon as you crowd these different groups together on one island (even one big island), there's bound to be intermingling and merging. You've already hinted at this in this chapter, with Angie helping The Godess bestow her blessings upon Harry and the other wand users. How blended will the magical world be once the flood waters recede, the rainbow appears, and the ark unloads?

Frank Hacklander posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 5:45am for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Nicely imagined. I like the way the back story is developing. Angie and her crew...now that's a little different.

la13 posted a comment on Sunday 2nd September 2007 4:58am for Wizards Fall:Puff and the Magic School Bus

Heh. Something about Insane!Harry highly entertains me.

Really enjoyed this installment though--continued to be very interesting and I am quite amused to have Puff the Magic Dragon wandering around the island too.