Content Harry Potter

Reviews

sarahgirl12384 posted a comment on Friday 2nd October 2009 11:15am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

I love this series!!! It is very well written and I hope you decide to write another one!!!

Xyverz posted a comment on Tuesday 1st September 2009 5:56pm for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

I would *love* to see another Wizard's Fall installment - or even many. I really liked this series and have become rather attached to it. Whether you keep up with it is ultimately up to you to decide. You've ended it at a good spot, but I personally would be happy with more. :-)

Jimbocous posted a comment on Saturday 22nd August 2009 6:06am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

Thaks for expanding on all of this. Definitely a plot idea that deserved it. I agree that the 1000 years in the future outcomes aren't particularly interesting to me, but if there was another installment it would be interesting to see the part of the story where the Nanite cat is let out of the bag in more detail. Perhaps not Harry-centric as currently written, and the original story where Wizarding society is so corrupt as to not deserve the attention is compelling as well. But the blood-thirsty part of my soul wants to see Harry rubbing their faces in it personally:) Great stories, any way you look at it. Thanks!

Tai Lee posted a comment on Monday 10th August 2009 10:16pm for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

"While many people are interested in the whole concept of Avalonian time and what would happen when they came out of that time, we were not among those interested."

well, right after reading Wizards Fall, i was totally ready for what happens after they come back. however,after reading the other three stores, you're right, much more interesting reading what happens before they reached the point of Wizard's Fall. kinda like how even though we knew the Titanic was going to sink, it was awesome watching what happened that got the ship to that point.

another good point that you brought up is, geez 1000 years in the future? the canvas is so blank, that it' kinda hard to do, it'll have to be SCI FI and we won't have any characters that we'll care about to be antagonists.

anyways, that's just a long review saying that you've changed my opinion to be in line with yours concerning that we're best served ready he stories before they leave for avalon. Here's to more in the new future.

cheers.

nancy in chicago posted a comment on Monday 27th July 2009 10:05am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

I've really enjoyed Wizards' Fall. I think you guys must like Harry rescuing the WW by removing it, as that part reminds me of Sunset Over Britain. (One of my all time favorite fanfics).

I'd like to see what happens when Harry & co come out of 'hiding'. But, I think 1,000 years is a bit long -- in Ancient Egypt, things didn't change fast, but in the modern world... (as those nanites you created show). But, if they die out after a generation or 2 -- won't magical children start appearing? Won't some families actually keep mementos of their magical past, both as artifacts and stories? Mightn't Granma Sally remember her mum or grandmum actually using magic?

So, making the far future look a lot like this current story, for background, you have the potential for a fully-formed magical society, while the Potterites will be believing that they'll have to search out magic users and reteach everything.

(If you'd made it 250-300 years, I think that what Harry was proclaiming could be done, as even if they knew the background to the magic, those magical children/adults would not be well-trained or have as many resources -- but after 1,000 years, they'd have re-developed them.

Just my 2 knuts worth.

nancy in chicago

Jim Edge posted a comment on Wednesday 1st July 2009 11:32pm for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

What a surprise to get another chapter of WF! I can't say I was expecting it. Awesome work though. I really enjoyed seeing the relationships play out. As always, excellent work!

Glacialis1 posted a comment on Tuesday 30th June 2009 3:57pm for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

I think the way you wrote the story is perfect. It explains what needed to be explained in a well rounded and fitting story. Well Done. I rarely do not enjoy a story you write and while I always wish it would come sooner, when I am finished reading it always seems worth the wait. Thanks.

Bubblystar posted a comment on Saturday 27th June 2009 1:20am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

You're brilliant <3

fyrecat posted a comment on Friday 26th June 2009 10:41pm for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

Great installment in the Wizard's Fall series!
You need an editor though. There are many instances of incorrect conjugation of verbs etc. Also there are a few spots where words get repeated in the the same sentence. (Just like that.)
Overall, I quite enjoyed it. You have done an excellent job of creating a very super-powered harry, yet keeping him very human.
Great story, keep 'em coming!
Thanks!

Deborahsu posted a comment on Friday 26th June 2009 11:11am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

By the way ... I know you're not interested. You already said so! But re-entering a world like Heinlein's "Time Enough for Love" would be a hoot!

Deborahsu posted a comment on Friday 26th June 2009 11:07am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

Well, whatever you decide to do with this universe in the future, I fully enjoy the story as written to date. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing more gaps filled and maybe some of the adjustment period after they completely withdraw from the world! What happens when they emerge could be a lot of fun, but I understand why you may not want to go there.

Thanks again for sharing your wonderful, imaginative talent with us--both of you!

Here--have a homemade orange drop donut for your troubles! ;-)

Belchar posted a comment on Friday 26th June 2009 7:46am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

Incredible work. I have read few of your things but never really touched Wizards Fall -series before I noticed this latest one. While it's different from what I normally read, it is very enjoyable and well done.
Good job.

thyrokio posted a comment on Thursday 25th June 2009 1:19am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

Good work, I went to bed at 5 am reading your Wizard's fall stories but it was worth it.

Tracey1 posted a comment on Wednesday 24th June 2009 12:06pm for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

I always enjoy your writing. I know it must take a tremendous amount of time, along with a healthy imagination. I really would like to see just one more perhaps to fully finish the story. But, I suppose, it really did tie up here. *Sigh* I thank you for taking us for these fun little rides into the magical world. If you keep writing, I'll keep reading.

Philip Jacobs posted a comment on Wednesday 24th June 2009 5:42am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

Yay, you've given me another installment of the Fall to read! As usual, the story was compelling and quite the riveting saga that kept me scrolling until it was complete. You have so many gems of interaction in this particular chapter, it's hard to point out the one I like the most (though I'll admit to being a sentimental sap who shed a tear or two at Molly's passing.)

That being said, this segment did have a bit of a rushed feel to it. I'll admit that if you were trying to convey the sense of urgency Harry's group was experiencing in that time span as the ICW tightened all controls on external wizarding culture, you did an excellent job. But in a way, you have so many things happening, it's hard to see just why some scenes were included. Individually, everything was tight and worked well internally, but the aggregate was didn't gel quite as firmly as I've seen your stories do in the past.

Maybe at some point in the future, you might come back and do a director's cut extended version on some of the scenes; I know, that's just more characters that need to be fleshed out and given additional screen time, but if Bob ever gets in a mood for it, I think it would work nicely.

Anyway, thanks again for sharing this with the rest of us, and I hope that your Muse continues to supply inspiration for your work.

Crys posted a comment on Wednesday 24th June 2009 4:50am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

Hmm. I suppose I don't object to the title of "Minion of Alyx".

Just so long as I don't have to witness you doing . . . anything to Alan Rickman in a hot tub.

Er, it IS Alan Rickman and not Severus Snape, isn't it?

> When she was younger she often spoke with the reindeer that visited her every year at Yule.
*sigh* So is Santa a wizard or not? You dismissed that idea in an earlier "chapter", and now . . .

> The Swedish Chef and Animal were two of their favorite characters
Of course they are. Aren't they everyones'?

Rather evil what you had Percy (and by extension Charlie) do to Molly. It fits with the world you're building, but still, evil.

Good addition to the storyline. Thanks.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Wednesday 24th June 2009 1:06am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

Thank you for the views into the world of Wizards' Fall. This was a very moving installment, and the horror of what they did to Molly and her final leaving was powerful writing.

Thank you, and good luck with all your future stories.

Tom A.

MrINBN posted a comment on Tuesday 23rd June 2009 4:50am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

*cheers* I'm an official Minion! Oh happy day!

Anyway, I hope you keep writing this, and possibly an epilogue to the entire series that shows what happens when the Norman's Cay returns. I would read that so enthusiastically.

Papa MidNite posted a comment on Tuesday 23rd June 2009 12:08am for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

Great job, but when you open the possibility of making the story 1000 years in the future we can't help but be curious. Keep up the good work guys.


pm

damcol posted a comment on Monday 22nd June 2009 5:23pm for Wizards Fall: Down the Rabbit Hole

Loved this chapter, especially the conversations with Luna.
I would however ask that you continue with this story, if not after the mists have fallen then more of the events leading up to the casting of the wards.
Thanks again for another great chapter!