Content Harry Potter

Reviews

ching965 posted a comment on Saturday 9th May 2009 8:12am

That was awesome. Great way to summarize an alternate route to Harry Potter. My only wish is that you somehow make this into a full-blown story, but perhaps that is wishing too much.
Oh well. Thank you for a greatly entertaining piece of writing.

The best to you in all your future endeavors.

winoniel posted a comment on Wednesday 6th May 2009 11:37am

Very funny! I really like the differences you've incorporated in the story. It really kills me when an author writes an AU but then includes everything that happened in the books.

Nice divergence!

Richard Peterson posted a comment on Wednesday 6th May 2009 6:38am

That was great and the ending hilarious. Canon derailed indeed.

NWL posted a comment on Wednesday 29th April 2009 12:10am

This one is promising, but honestly is weaker than most of your other works. It's a good idea, but not good execution. You're breaking one of the major rules of writing: you tell a lot more than you show.

The last half of the work - the "The Years That Followed" would be far better served with showing scenes rather than just telling what happens. I've found that a good substitute for telling the rest is to give the story in a 'vignette' format - write scattered scenes from throughout the time frame represented.

pakrat77 posted a comment on Tuesday 28th April 2009 11:34am

A very unique way of retelling the story. Love the end for Voldy

Bob Officer posted a comment on Friday 24th April 2009 8:01am

Bravo.

Mariposa posted a comment on Tuesday 21st April 2009 4:02am

Twisted but brilliant!

Snapesmistress005 posted a comment on Tuesday 21st April 2009 1:41am

OMG that has to be one of the best derailments of cannon that i have ever read! great job!

fyrecat posted a comment on Monday 20th April 2009 10:13am

LOL!!!! What an awesome end for Voldie!!!
That's how things SHOULD have done in the first place.

LOL!!! I love it!

Thanks for another wonderful story.

Robin Hood posted a comment on Monday 20th April 2009 8:54am

I'm working on a Harry goes to another school fic, and like this one, I'm afraid Hermione almost always does come off the worst for it, as well as Ginny, although you certainly pulled that off. Poor Ron--hand me down pets are apparently the worst things ever!

Kokopelli posted a comment on Sunday 19th April 2009 10:56pm

Lovely, as always.

Keep writing, and I'll keep reading.

J

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Sunday 19th April 2009 7:40pm

Interesting view of cannon lol! Token Dumbledore hating, and Ron Weasley bashing; Check.

I find it so funny that Voldieshorts is now a paperweight, that I think is genius.

I think that Dumbledore must have actually been real and tortured you two, with the help of Ron Weasley to warrant the treatment you give them!

Thanks for writing.

Monkey

ginnysohma posted a comment on Sunday 19th April 2009 8:49am

*applauds*
Most enjoyable!


----
With a large *BOOM*, all of Canondom fell to the smouldering earth. Two figures clambered over the rubble, and a flag was driven into the mess upon which they stood. Alyx and Bob had destroyed and conquered, at last.
"Good little giant gerbil. You smashed Canondom so well! Yes you did!" Alyx cooed.
Bob rolled his eyes as he scaned the surrounding area for an escape route.
There wasn't one.
----

slashslut posted a comment on Saturday 18th April 2009 4:53am

this was a GREAT story! love the twist of harry not going to hogwarts. ive never understood why there aren't more fics like this; why on earth would he go there? and once there, why would he stay? very clever!

SarahSummers posted a comment on Saturday 18th April 2009 3:21am

that was awsome, i loved it

Michael10 posted a comment on Saturday 18th April 2009 2:46am

Voldemort as a paperweight? MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OW! my ribs.

Good work, even for a drabble. keep up the awesome work, and hide the hamsters and gerbil's....everyone knows you use a Malfoy for experimentation.

Decumo9 posted a comment on Saturday 18th April 2009 1:30am

lol, this is a good quick story. If you ever had the time, it would make a great full length story.

Papa MidNite posted a comment on Friday 17th April 2009 9:21pm

i like it, i wish it was novel length great job

MoonlitLightning posted a comment on Friday 17th April 2009 11:45am

Great piece, as always. I liked that McGonagall was IC and independent of Dumbledore. And I'm sure everyone appreciated Voldemort's fate as much as I did. I would have liked to see a conversation between McGonagall and Harry; not necessarily the first one, but perhaps later on (to let us see how Harry had changed). I suppose the word limit may have made that difficult to pull off, though. While the syntax of "The Years That Followed" was a little dull, I definitely liked where you went with this plot. Dumbledore getting one-upped is always wicked fun to read.

I have to say... RMI surprised me. Not merely because another magical school was thrown in the mix where I was expecting Durmstrang; because I'm the Deputy Headmaster for a Potterverse-based roleplay school called RMI. Rocky Mountain International, not Institute, but you nearly stopped my heart there. If you're at all interested in checking our website out, we're here, or you can contact us at rocky_mountain_international@yahoo.com. We're always looking for new authors.

Ryan Denton posted a comment on Friday 17th April 2009 10:10am

I liked that rabid little plot bunnie