Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Kairan1979 posted a comment on Tuesday 14th July 2015 12:25pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

"Several hours later, the Little Whinging Fire Brigade were called to handle a fire on Privet Drive. Unfortunately, the family living at number four did not survive the blaze."

Couldn't have happened to the more deserving individuals.

"He knows she had no control over where he was placed when he was little."

Actually, she was one of the few who could do something. She was there when Harry was placed on a doorstep like a bottle of milk. She could do the right thing, instead of blindly following Dumbledore despite knowing that Dursleys are 'the worst sort of Muggles'. So McGonnagal had no excuses.

"Why do I get the impression that I'm being ganged up on?" Harry protested. "I thought you said you wouldn't force me to go back."

And that's exactly what they are doing, no matter what kind of excuses they use. They force the traumatised teenager back to the place where he was hurt, to see the people who betrayed him. So much for the new family. I understand that Harry can be forced back to Britain because of the plot, but couldn't you make X-Men more considerate of his feelings?

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Thursday 10th February 2011 10:59pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

It looks like Harry has a power like Paige Matthews had in Charmed. Good story so far!

darksidhe posted a comment on Tuesday 21st September 2010 11:31pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Pretty good. I like Harry's relationship with his new teachers and family. I do hope we see more of the X-Men side of things. Where are the other students in the school? How do Jean, Scott, and Logan have so much free time to spend with Harry?

Judson Ross posted a comment on Sunday 8th August 2010 5:14am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

With Harry's ability to partially phase to the 5th dimension or wherever he goes when doing so, I had the oddest thought of him diving on top of a grenade to save somebody by phasing only his guts into a tube that would channel the blast directly upwards rather than outwards in all directions. Just thought of why that wouldn't work in real life, should a mutant w/ that ability actually exist. But it could be an interesting plot moment for somebody...

King Darius posted a comment on Wednesday 9th June 2010 5:25pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

damn good story so far. havent read thise story since before thiis chapter came out, lol. didnt have regular access to the internet. when i first read the summary for this story i was a little wary about reading it, because its a crossover, and while im a fan of crossovers (mainly BtVS), th vast majority if hp crossovers suck. this one is good. and as for the warnings, lol, i dont have any preferences when it comes to ships long as it isnt slash and its well written, and i LIKE AU stories. i dont see the point in following cannon.

mjbrown268 posted a comment on Sunday 28th March 2010 7:37am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

I must say that I have always hated this chapter. Those books belong to Harry and he should have taken them all. I do not like that idea that Dumbledore has them and so far hasn't done anything to get them back. I know that I probably would have been a Ravenclaw, due to my views on knowledge, but he should forcefully take those books back. (Maybe raiding Hogwarts, Dumbeldore's library, and the Malfoys while he's at it).

Aurilia posted a comment on Thursday 31st December 2009 3:55am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

I find myself wondering just when the Order will discover who's behind the 'thefts' and just how big a napkin they'll need to remove the egg from their faces...

Also - love the mental image of Harry flying a jet through Manhattan at 50'! Always love a good pilot!Harry sub-plot.

WhiteElfElder posted a comment on Sunday 13th December 2009 12:00am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Interesting development. I wonder, if Harry inherited everything from Sirius, would it be considered theft for Dumbles and the rest to remove the books and other property? Would Gringotts be able to retrieve that stuff?

Major Attitude posted a comment on Monday 7th December 2009 10:28am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Oh, I love how Harry's finally being treated like a person.

Vilkath posted a comment on Monday 29th June 2009 8:27am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Well this is one the better HP/Xmen stories I have read, and thankfuly not slash like oh so many of them these days. That being said I am slightly disapointed that Harry too the Xmen aproach to enemies.. ignoriing them while they cause more trouble and misery for others. Oh Dumbledore did all these evil things, gets caught on it.. and nearly no fall out from the actions.

Other then that it's okay, the planned pairing is a bit anoying but I can live with it. Harry/Ginny is a bit wierd pairing to put in this fic considering it was placed before 6th year, before they even dated or talked to eachother really. So harry had no connection to Ginny really, yet she betrayed him.

So why would Harry chose her over any other girl in hogwarts of the Xmen universe? That just seems like one the weak parts this story. Considering there is hardly an unatractive female mutant in the whole Xmen universe.. it's sad to see a cross over story stick with canon pairing.

j_finchfletchley posted a comment on Wednesday 13th May 2009 9:02pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Good continuation, and the opening scene was particularly enlightening — trust Hermione to approach the problem so scientifically. It also offers hope for her and Ginny, although I can't see much for Ron at the moment. In fact, I'm not sure I'd want Harry to forgive him even if he apologised now — he's proving to be just too childish and naturally bigoted. Molly appears to need a good dose of common sense as well, as she's one other character for whom my liking soured over the course of the HP series, as her blindness and overprotective nature started to cause more harm than good. Your portrayal of her here is a natural progression from her attitude in Order of the Phoenix.

One slight thing once the action shifted to Westchester once more is that I just wasn't 'getting' Logan at first. Although I was never into the comic-verse, I've followed him in both the animated series and the movies, and I just couldn't feel his personality coming through in the first danger room scene — the language and tone just wasn't gruff enough for him, as with the few kids he opens up to, particularly Jubilee in the anime, although you can clearly see his affection for them he hides it well under his exterior personality, using nicknames such as 'kid' instead of their given names, so that only they and a few who know him well can see what he feels for them. Here, he just doesn't seem gravelly enough and for that reason I couldn't associate him with the Logan I'm familiar with seeing. Contrast this with his own internal thoughts regarding 'a wacko with a private army' and the second scene in the danger room with the teleporting training, where he came across loud and clear to me.

I certainly like how you portrayed that Harry isn't immediately 'fixed' after his stint with the Dursleys and it's taking him slow steps to recovery, with the improvements caused by having people with good parental skills, and a positive mentor in Professor X, manifesting in his maturing personality. I love how he's now in a position to make such astute observations about the wizarding world now he's been introduced to so many of the positives of the regular world — after all, even with magic, who would want to live in such a backward society, and the one thought I had while reading the HP books is that in a hundred years or so, their society would be doomed. This thought resurfaced when I read your own 'Wizards Fall', where a plot bunny (thankfully shot before it could do any damage to the furniture,) imagined them emerging from their exile into a Star Trek style future to find that no-one actually cares about the magic they bring back with them as they can do anything it can with technology.

It's interesting to see the development with Hagrid. Most people simply keep him as Dumbledore's pawn without bothering to offer him any kind of character development. Also, it's a good contrast you wove in at the end, with the positive of Harry's family and his adoption compared with the incompetence and corruption of the "Government" back in magical Britain. Even though they don't know it, they're isolating him from the UK and further pushing him away simply by everyone following the path that comes naturally to them; Scott and Jean with their compassion and the Ministry with their corruption and incompetence.

Excellent second chapter — I'm really enjoying this one. On to Chapter 3!

jetrois posted a comment on Saturday 18th April 2009 12:58pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Just a great story in general. I love the angst that harry is portraying.

joeBob posted a comment on Saturday 18th April 2009 11:39am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Awesome chapter, thanks.

~~~
"Yes, Molly, he's just a boy, who at the tender age of thirteen cast a Patronus capable of chasing off over a hundred Dementors. Not even I can do that."

Except that Dumbles *DID* do just that, at that quidditch game.

runnerman87 posted a comment on Thursday 15th January 2009 9:20am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

I'm re-reading the story as it stands (again, because it's really just that good) and I'm wondering if this mysterious mission that Wolverine disappeared on will come up again later in the story or if it was just a way to get him out of the way so Harry could learn to fly the jet.

I don't really expect an answer, but it'd be cool to see the trip explained in a later chapter.

Harriverse posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 6:35am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

O.K. One double word ("Would would you be able to return the jet to normal size...") and one place you used an before a word beginning with a consonant. I was wondering why no one thought of Harry as entering his own house, but they are thinking like wizards and not aware of his mutant powers. I think Harry is going to blow a gasket whey he finds his books gone! Is there no Gringotts branch in the U.S.? Did I say your story is perfect? And your intro blurb was LOL funny (as usual)!!! Do you guys do parties?

Milarqui posted a comment on Monday 24th November 2008 4:36am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

There is something I just realised about the comment McGonagall makes about the blood quill Harry was forced to use: she says that Harry had tried to tell her about it, but in the books there is no mention about Harry telling her that Umbridge has been forcing him to use one of those quills, the only conversation between both of them that is related to it is the one they have right after the first class with the Toad, when she sends Harry to McGonagall with a note.

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Monday 29th September 2008 11:28pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

They aren't Dumbledore's books in the first place, so how can he just do that?

~Matt

knightsbridge posted a comment on Tuesday 2nd September 2008 1:08am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Thanks for another H/G story. While I don't have the fogiest notion who the X-Men are, and the only Mutant's I've ever seen were silly Ninja Turtles...as usual I love your work...and Stupid manipulative Dumbledork, and Molly DD's #1 Suck up are spot on.

Robert Malley posted a comment on Friday 29th August 2008 4:04am for Chapter 02 - Explanations

I am enjoying this very much. I hope it is as long as some of your other work.

noylj posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 2:25pm for Chapter 02 - Explanations

Less Dumbles. More Harry. It is nice that Dumbles is working to protect Harry's books.
Every chapter without the death of Dumbles, Snape, or a Malfoy is a wasted opportunity.
Thanks for the update.