Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Musings of Apathy posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:44am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

Excellent chapter. Liked it! Loved it. Didn't want it to end.

Okay, my mind is blank or a more well rounded review, but I wanted to express my thanks for a great chapter.

Mike (MoA)

werewolph posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:42am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

The Dancing Singing sheep? It might have been the sheep from the animated short movie on The Incredibles DVD, called Boundin'.

All the same, another great chapter that you two have procured from the depths of slightly warped, yet wonderful minds. Keep up the great work!

Crys posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:31am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

Something occurred to me (laugh all you want, Bob. I know Alyx is too nice to laugh at me.)

Luna was 9 when her mother died. Her mother planned on having kids every 10 years. She could well have been pregnant when she died.

Don't know if that little factoid will become important or not, but that conversation between Cissy and Bertrand is a little too pointed for the information not to be used later in the story.

seishi posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 9:26am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

AHHH! You killed Snape!! Fantastic chapter! Glad to see the French get what they deserved!!

Oh, that reminds me, what is wrong with Orla Orke that has many authors use her as a victim? This is like the 5th story ive read where orla suffers greatly and dies a painful death. What do you see in her?

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 8:45am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

It's almost the end of the pay period and while I should be working right now, I find myself reading your latest chapter. Shame on you! You couldn't release it at 8:00 or 9:00 pm? Once again, great chapter. As much as I am looking forward to the Harry vs. Voldie, I don't want the story to end. What a vile, ugly, obscene piece of work Snape turned into. Thank you for finally killing him. I want to marry Luna, is that so wrong? Keep up the great work - Erik

Erin posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 8:24am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

good update looking forward to the next.

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 8:23am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

Another great chapter!! Can't wait to see what happens next. Keep up the good work.

freakyfinger posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 8:09am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

Ya, that short on the DVD, its on the bonus disc of the Incredibles set.

Ya! Snape is finally dead . . . I was waiting for that greasy bas . . er . . git to die . . .

Duane E. Peters posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 8:03am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

The short is called "Boundin'", and it's on Disc 2 of The Incredibles. Hope this helps. [grin]

Jenni posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 7:49am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

Yay! Happy Dance for a new chapter. Good resolutions to pressing issues and continuing build up for the rest of the story!

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 7:18am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

*chuckle* Now that was an interesting chapter. I did like Harry's intervention for the French people as opposed to their government. The whole situation with Dilly was quite enlightening, showing the development and maturing of English wizarding government.

Finally, I weep not for Snape, he made his choices and has to suffer from the consequences; that said consequences resulted in his death at the hands of an outraged "slave" is all to the good.

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 6:38am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

This was a great chapter. I am so glad Harry is being himself and giving himself away as usual. (The scene where he says, "At least I don't have to kidnap her now." is perfect.)
Thank you so much for Snape's deserved ending. I was surprised it was Cho. That was a good added touch. I loved the way she royally pissed off Voldemort by taunting him with the solution to his problem and then eliminating his access to it! That was great! It is too bad people have to die but, "This is War!"
Thanks for writing and thank you for updating so consistently. pms

jzysman posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 6:15am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

FINALLY!!! I love knowing who the girl with Snape was (by the way did you drop any hints before and I missed them?). Snape's death though predictable was well executed. Did the spirits of the castle really push Cho over the edge or was she imagining them? Great story, and a great chapter. Thanks!!

Crys posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 5:53am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

Nicely tied up the cliffy from the last chapter. Also dilineated the difference between the French gov't and the bad guys.

I liked the whole Dilly trial subplot. Indeed making a statement with that ruling. All for the good.

Ah, so that was Cho. Dramatic end to that thread. I was going to suggest she try to attack LV, but this way makes more sense.

Some little typos I saw, but nothing major.

Nice chapter. Looking forward to the next one.

Quizer posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 5:53am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

Great to see you update again, and still with such frequency. I really enjoyed this chapter, as well as the last ones. I'm looking forward the remaining parts. It looks like things are slowly drawing to a close.

You are doing a good job with grammar and spelling and such, which I think is important to properly enjoy the story. I noticed a mistake in this chapter, though - there is no such thing as a specie. Species is both singular and plural of the word.

Anyway, I wish you success and godspeed in writing the remaining chapters. See you one of the next updates!

Quizer

liquidfyre posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 4:58am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

So if your not gonna go NoBing after this one is over with whats yer next story gonna be then ya schizophrenic lil monkeys ya? huh huh huh?

but damn good chapter keep upt he good work and good way for cho to bite the wand

Lourens posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 4:18am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

As Ron would say (had he been alive) "Bloody brilliant!" As always! :D

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 3:51am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

I was confused by 'BRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP' sound, though. Harry recognized it, but the only thing I can come up with is that it's maybe that auto-spell gun they used on the Death Eater enclave in Ireland way back. I don't remember it being used again after that.

Is that what it was? Or was it something different?

Bobmin356 replied:

That was our mistake. A couple sentences got deleted.

It was the sound of a combat apparation. The brigade practiced it extensively. The idea was to make as much noise as possible and have everyone apparate at the same time, startling the defenders.

That was what was missing. Its been added now.

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 3:15am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

Good update this time around. It wasn't exactly filled with a lot of plot but rather one of those chapters that fleshed out the characters (particularly Harry) and the world that the main story takes place in.

I personally pictured Umtumba more as a Morgan Freeman type. But who can argue with James Earl Jones' voice.

Good for Cho...it was about time Snapey-poo got what was coming to him anyways. Who knew that apples could be so smart.

Voldemort being injured is interesting...I wonder what the implications of that are?

Thanks for writing,
Matt

Jason Karr posted a comment on Tuesday 13th February 2007 3:12am for Chapter 28 - An Elf in hot water

to bad about cho chang. at least she hurt voldemody and took all the reseach with her, I like how she killed Snape. It is to bad she could not get out of the castle and to Harry and the otheirs.