Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Margo posted a comment on Sunday 20th October 2019 10:30am for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

Okay, y’all. I don’t even have the words. No, really. No. Words. And you might not realize how big a deal that is, but I always have the words. Just ask my husband and kids. 😉

This was amazing. First off, as a rule of sorts, I don’t read Harry Potter fic unless it’s written by Keira Marcos. And as a rule, I don’t read het fic. But, rules are made to be broken. And Keira recommended your stories. So, bkz I love her writing and she apparently loves your writing, I took a chance. And oh my lord am I glad I did. I’ve barely talked to my family over the last 3 days, stayed up way to late the last 2 nights, and sit here in my pajamas on a Sunday afternoon quivering with the need to start the sequel. Truly, the plot, the pacing, the characters are fabulous and I could not put it down. Had I a pepper-up potion available, I would have read it one sitting. You have written a page turner and were I standing in front of you - I would be giving a standing ovation and a thousand shouted kudos. Thank you for sharing your writing with us.

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼😍😍😍

Samuel1234 posted a comment on Friday 10th May 2019 7:03am for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

Very good i like this

Erposhio posted a comment on Monday 15th April 2019 9:10pm for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

Having read most of your stories, (some several times!) I found myself wondering why, in all the years I've been a fan of you both, I'd never read this one. Now, having just finished Sunset, I'm left breathless and in awe. Wonderful story; funny, dramatic, romantic, emotive...all in all, inspired.

newton1392@yahoo.com posted a comment on Friday 16th November 2018 8:22pm for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

I don't even know if you read these anymore for this story, but I just discovered this story and it has become one of my all time favorites, thank you for writing this, looking forward to starting the in a few minutes!

Brady66 posted a comment on Thursday 20th September 2018 6:10am for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

this was such a beautiful story!!! Now, onto the sequel

versulas posted a comment on Tuesday 5th January 2016 2:15pm for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

As engaging and interesting as I found this story, I'm always left confused by the motivations of Harry in the manipulative/evil!dumbledore genre. Why doesn't he just leave Hogwarts? There's nothing keeping him there (and as extension Hermione). Hell, he was already in hiding. Get ministry permission for tutors or just don't tell anyone, it doesn't matter. Staying only paints a target on his friends.

He can still make plans to save his friends and counter the two dark lords. He can still gather information. He can still respond to attacks on hogsmeade. The only thing that won't happen is make himself an easy target for death eaters and lose any advantage of surprise his increase in power will provide, but I guess being the hunter instead of the hunted doesn't make for a good romp. The Dumbledore in this story has shown himself to be even more a danger to Harry than Voldemort. WHY would he sit there, take the abuse, and expose himself and friends to danger?

Finally, the prophecy just seemed like a copout. Just because Voldemort himself wasn't vulnerable didn't mean Harry couldn't go after death eaters. And how does he know the prophecy never accounted for his late maturity or that it won't change now that he's trying to force its fulfillment? Too many second chances--making the conscious decision to let his enemies live--are making Harry resemble Dumbledore. That's certainly not a good thing and loses him a lot of respect. Have your flawed hero, but for merlin's sake at least make him likeable.

Mionefan posted a comment on Saturday 12th December 2015 7:46pm for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

Augusta Longbottom (Neville's Gran)

Pandora Lovegood (Luna's Mum)

Xenophilias Lovegood (Luna's Dad)

source: The Harry Potter Lexicon

atymer posted a comment on Friday 3rd January 2014 1:33pm for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

This was recommended to me and I am very happy to say, it was a very exciting experience. It has all the Kudos I would give fast paced adventure. Harry is vunerable and all that power is scary enough for him to step very carefully and worry about drowning in it. The best part about this story for me is, with all the troubles, Harry isn't whining! He suffers, yes, but he doesn't belabor the point endlessly like some stories I have attempted to read. I really dislike whiny Harry.

I appreciate the authors ability to flesh out the characterizations, and oh yeah. The Draco Luna pairing has been quite interesting and amusing.

bearblue posted a comment on Saturday 18th May 2013 11:18am for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

Amazing story. Very compelling and enjoyable. Thank you for sharing it.

Rico Perrien posted a comment on Saturday 30th March 2013 8:10pm for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

As always, your plot bunnies have far greater longevity and convoluted paths than any I have been attacked by.

I must say that I have started to skip your disclaimers (entertaining though they be) in my eagerness to get back to the story. You have developed an amazingly detailed description of the world of HP going down the toilet in a major way, yet with hope still alive.

As to big D, the wisdom is to not believe your own press releasess.

Thank you for this, and I intend to start Sunrise immediately. I may actually have to do work this week, unlike last week when the call of the sunset was too strong to resist all to often.

Rico

Nytefyre posted a comment on Friday 26th October 2012 9:32am for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

Yes, this is good. I'm not leaving much of a review at this point - need to start Sunrise.. :D

firedrakegirl posted a comment on Monday 22nd October 2012 6:42pm for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

A fantastic story!! I have not been sleeping enough in my enthusiasim for reading this. I'm excited to start the sequel!!!! Thank you both for a wonderful Fic!

drq1492 posted a comment on Thursday 19th April 2012 6:35am for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

one of the best story's i have read thnk you

Ironhair posted a comment on Saturday 7th April 2012 12:44pm for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

An interesting book and captivating enough to lead one into the sequel... Thought why don't u collet ur fics on ff.net aside from your existing yahoo group?

FallenPetals15 posted a comment on Wednesday 7th March 2012 3:29am for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

Brilliant!! I loved this, Its certainly different from your other stories that I've read. :)

g4bandit posted a comment on Wednesday 4th January 2012 1:07am for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

I have read over 100 fan fictions in the harry potter series. Most of which were at least over 100,000 words. This is absolutely, one of the best I have ever read. This is well written, enjoyable and most of all makes sense (which most stories use magic as a mystical plot filling device). I can't wait to start reading the sequel and hope it is up to par with this story.

darridle posted a comment on Sunday 18th December 2011 11:07am for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

great story, sad it's ended but happy, that the sequel is doen :)

Mommy2db posted a comment on Sunday 4th December 2011 1:05pm for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

WOW !! It is all I can say.The story is marvelous, well written, convoluted enough to remain interesting and believable enough to remain "real".

I am looking forward to beginning the sequel a bit later.

I first discovered Bobmin when you were mentioned in a group as a rec. The main point being that these were good writers but the author's notes were the best part. Maybe not the best part but certainly a great part and the most fun.

You now have a confirmed Bobmin addict on your hands. I may even read a cross-over, something I have avoided in all the years I have been reading fan fiction. I'm a mature reader and very picky. Many of your stated pet peaves are the same as mine. May I add one more? Homonyms, why can't most writers get them right?? Nothing is more jarring (OK, there are some things more jarring). Your stories make me wish that I had the kind of imagination needed to be a writer.

Thanks, for the angst, romance and chuckles. May you and Alyx continue to entertain a growing world of fan fiction devotees.

nurray posted a comment on Friday 7th October 2011 4:48am for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

Re-reading this once again, still a powerful and entertaining story.

teriwright posted a comment on Tuesday 20th September 2011 3:37pm for British Lockup and Brotherhood Reborn

Most excellent! I really enjoyed this story in terms of the action, plot, and storyline. However, Hermione's character, for me at least, seems a bit of a harridan. She erupts over every little thing harry does. She doesn't seem to accept Harry for who he is but tries to control his actions through her anger and disapproval. I don't get the feeling of supportive partner, but rather an almost Molly-esque personality in the sense of her controlling nature. Example: he's been magically exhausted twice in as many weeks, survived the killing curse again, essentially has saved the world from the spread of voldemort, is in pain, can't walk and has just woken up from 4 days of near coma. Can she let him have the friken bath he needs when he awakes without jumping down his throat? No. No sooner that he's in the bath does she start in on him and when she doesn't get her way, she dumps ice water on him, cuts short the bath he needs with the result that he can't walk and expects him to apologize. Geesh, not my kind of partner, but again, that's just me. Not that I think this incarnation of Hermione would steal from an abused orphan, but she would definitely attempt to control and tell said orphan what to think, how to behave, what to feel for "his own good".
I love love love the Dumble and Ron bashing. You've made Dumble into a very believable bad guy with all the associated traits and complexities.
Overall, this is a fantastic piece of fanfic and I'm off to read the sequel just moments after finishing sunset.
Thank you so much for your time and effort in writing this for our pleasure.