Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Dragen posted a comment on Saturday 20th January 2007 7:28am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

What another other great chapter, I do love your Standard Disclaimer; they’re truly funny.

Great, Harry got Ollivander on his side, which should help a lot.

Ron the fucking ass, I know he is evil but how could he do that to his own sister. But at least he is dead.

Oh boy, Harry wasn’t happy to see a statue of himself, I wouldn’t either.

Cu posted a comment on Monday 7th August 2006 8:29pm for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

So, right after a rant against betas that don't spot errors I find this sentence in your story:

Suddenly a machine barks and killing all on the stage.

Uh?

I have also found several "his" for "this" and "to" for "too" and, AU as it might be, it still is a Potterverse fanfic where you consistently misspell "Fidelius" or "Occlumency."

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/magic/spells/spells_f.html#fidelius_charm
http://www.hp-lexicon.org/magic/occlumency.html

It is not that I don't agree with your criticisms, but this fic is far from free of those flaws you claim to hate. Straw in another's eye, and all that.

Bobmin356 replied:

Alyx here. First, the Disclaimers aren't beta read. Neither are the AN's. They are the last thing added to the file before it's posted.

As for the "rant", we loath mistake laden stories, even our own. We've never said our stories are mistake free. We realize that they happen, no matter how many betas read the file. Hell, there are mistakes in the works of published authors! They're a fact of life that authors and readers learn to live with.

With that said, we do think there is a difference between a file with 14,710 words that contains a handful of mistakes, versus a 2000 word file that contains 50-60 mistakes. Big difference there, and that's what Bob was peeved about.

I hope that helps to clear up your confusion.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Sunday 30th April 2006 8:44am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

Bummer looks bad for the home team.

gunny

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Thursday 23rd February 2006 3:56am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

Tom Clancy books switch POVs on a regular basis from third person perspectives. Now, he opens new sections when he does so, and never changes within a section, but I have seen small sections of two paragraphs or so where he switches back and forth.

Changing POVs are common activities in romance stories - not just lust in the leaves romance or gothic novels. Jane Austin changes POVs quite often in close romantic moments, but does so subtly in those close times, and even more carefully in her less romantic moments - but she does it.

I am not sure there would be a more fitting way for Ron to die than by spiders. That Millicent did it is also quite clever and poetic.

Can we please hurt Dumbledore really bad? How appropriate that Snape be betrayed by him. I hope Snape knows it.

Just excellent!

spurio23 posted a comment on Tuesday 24th January 2006 7:59am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

"Besides, you’re grumpy one day a month, Tonks is downright frightening for five days each month."
You bad person. I'm at work and almost laughed like a crazy person. Course I am somewhat nuts working as a software engineer but hey! Probably shouldn't be reading this at work either but I'm addicted and its boring watching the software chug through its 30 minute test.

harry85 posted a comment on Monday 5th December 2005 3:33am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

Well, Ron's dead, Romany's dead, Harry is NOT dead, I'm sure of it, but where ahve he and McGonagall been portkeyed to? That's the question. Although he'll be able to Apparate them back to Hogwarts as soon as he wakes up...

FairyQilan1 posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd November 2005 1:16pm for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

I like Alan Rickman. He's hilarious in Dogma. When will Dumbles die?

Joanna posted a comment on Wednesday 9th November 2005 8:35am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

I haven't reviewed since it was on ff.net. First, yes, I know they suck. Now, moving on-I would have reviewed earlier, but my internet didn't come back until day before yesterday, due to the hurricane. I digress. Where did Fawkes go? I never noticed he was missing! Bad, me!!! Why didn't anyone check to see if Ron was dead or if he was still alive? I know that he probably was dead, but wasn't there a chance? So Dean's the traitor?! Of course...just make the only black person in the school. I thought it was Seamus...my bad.

Rowan Mikaio posted a comment on Friday 4th November 2005 4:54am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

The square root of pi is +/- π^(1/2).

also, e^(Ï€i)+1=0

yay for calculus.

Kittie posted a comment on Monday 31st October 2005 6:11am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

Oh, I finally found this after it got moved!
Thank you for continuing to write after ff.n took your story off - it's interesting, original well-written, and overall shouldn't have been deleted. Anyways, keep up the good work.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Saturday 29th October 2005 1:26pm for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

Harry being an animagus may be old hat, but
then you don't need to base the story on it.
He could turn out to be a turtle animagus.
Nothing that really changes his power level or
offers him an advantage.

Hell of a cliffhanger.

Thomas posted a comment on Saturday 29th October 2005 3:47am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

First i'd like to say that i love all your fic's sofar.
Now the A.K. i hope that you can twist the story in such a way that it fixes his leg because i really like fully functional Harry.
And i'm thinking about the name for the sequel maybe Rule Britania?

The fact that you finish your fic's before starting a new one is really great because it really bugs me to see some writers do great fics and instead of finishing them have 10 of them unfinished.

And here is a little wish fore the next one maybe Harry could be placed with the Tonkses because that way Nymphadora would really be his big sister(honestly i like big sis tonks as much as girlfriend tonks).
I'm imagining a 6 year old Harry crawling into bed with a 12 year old Tonks because he had a nightmare.

Keep up the good work.
Thomas

kari posted a comment on Friday 28th October 2005 7:42pm for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

As usual, another excellent chapter. It's sad that Ron had to die... Kind of... Okay, I lied, its not really that sad at all. Good Riddance.

I have a eeensy weeeensy curiousity that I'd like to question you about. "Not when it’s being run by a half blooded tyrant, Professor.".... I understand that it IS true, Voldemort being half-blood and all, but why would Harry, of all people, decide to use it as part of a slam against him (Voldy)...? That just struck me as odd, that's all..

On a different note, thanks again for providing such a great piece of ff... and have a Happy Halloween!

CRose posted a comment on Friday 28th October 2005 10:16am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

I gotta admit, this is one of the more enertaining stories out there. I've read pretty much everything at ff.net and several sites and this one still draws me in.

Ron..dead? For some reason I dont think so. His hatred of spiders is legendary. He'll pop up again somewhere I think.

Now the AK that took down Harry. Interesting, I was actually expecting it to be one of the girls. Harry hasn't been that nice to some of them and Ron was good at turning people against harry.

Can't wait to see what happens next.

josh posted a comment on Thursday 27th October 2005 12:14pm for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

Hmm, another great chapter, with one hell of a cliffhanger. We better not have to wait another two weeks to see what happens ;) anyways, I'm really enjoying this story. I was pleased when I logged on to the website and saw an update.

Very interesting moves in this chapter. I'm anxiously awaiting to read more.

oh, Avada kedavera

ANNA posted a comment on Thursday 27th October 2005 10:01am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

I LOVE THIS STORY. I CHECK IN EVERY DAY OR EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY NEW ADDITIONS. I AM ENJOYING THIS STORY MORE THAN THE REAL ONES. STILL CAN'T HELP READY THE OTHERS THOUGH. CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO HARRY. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

Lady FoxFire posted a comment on Thursday 27th October 2005 8:42am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

I still need to see proof that Ron is died.

Pris posted a comment on Thursday 27th October 2005 6:48am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

Now this is the mother of all cliffhangers. NOT! We all know Harry is going to survive because of the profecies...

Aside from that: Quite good, so far.

And as you seem to collect pet peeves, here's one of mine: CAPS LOCK. I hear what I read, and something in caps lock sounds like screaming in my head. I even found myself cringeing back from the screen on occassion. I don't have that problem with small caps, though.

Keta posted a comment on Thursday 27th October 2005 3:34am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

I really liked this chapter!
Especcially those Harry's coments about Remus beeing a werewolf nd shaving. That was good..

Just on question: why when Harry embranced Remus, and the later got tears in eyes, why Tonks was well laughing about that? That they in embrance?

Anyway love your story, pity, that between the chapter is such a long time.. But from other side - the chapters are good and long! So keep going!
Keta... ;c)


Steven Augart posted a comment on Thursday 27th October 2005 3:03am for Padfoot, Betrayals and Curses

Oh my goodness. What a shock to see Our Heroes -- or what looks like them -- captured.

I enjoyed the chapter, including the subtle humor you use.