Content Harry Potter

Reviews

minervakitty posted a comment on Sunday 23rd October 2005 11:36am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

I'm glad that all the historical documents/artifacts is being taken, so that Voldie won't get his paws on them. When will Richfield finally figure that Voldie's a very bad options? It would be very amusing if, Richfield sends his family into hiding, and his family winds up in Padfoot. What would happen to the Hogwart's library? Is Hogwarts going to remain standing? I really don't see Harry wanting fidelity from those escaping Voldie. Is the amount of people being the conductors for the Underground railroad enough for the flood of people? Is Ms. Prewitt going to be heading towards Padfoot? I don't think that her reception there would be very welcoming. I wonder if the plan for putting a permanent blockade/barrier will be coming through. Amusing part of the who thing is that Dumbledore and Snape would be at Hogwarts, when Voldie starts to attack it. How long would Harry and Co stay away? Does the others on the grounds know about what's coming? I do hope that Hagrid comes out of this alive. Snape can come out of this a bit lame in a way.

beauty0102 posted a comment on Sunday 23rd October 2005 4:56am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

yeah great chapter please update again soon.

Dave Mackey posted a comment on Friday 21st October 2005 1:51pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Another excellant chapter, and I am really enjoying the build up to the flee from England. I like reading your stories, but I have to keep a window open with Google to look up some of the things you talk about. (ie HMS Victory & the Rosetta Stone) Thanks for reminding me about all those things I forgot from college.

Looking forward to the next chapter

dave

William Drayton posted a comment on Friday 21st October 2005 1:41pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

I've noticed in all the chapters since Christmas that Ron is still call a Weasley, but I thought that Arthur Disowned him. Just wondering. Other than that, I love your story.

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Friday 21st October 2005 1:25pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

I have to say the Weasley Boys robbing musems and repairing things was the best part. Good chapter.

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Thursday 20th October 2005 2:35pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

I am still in total love with your story... though I am a bit confused. Did you Dumbledore change a bit in his quest for greatness? In the beginning of your story he was self centered, egotistical, and immoral... but not exactly evil... has your intent with this character changed or has he simply been sliding down the sippery slope? I mean it kind of makes sense because all of his grand plans have collapsed so he is now willing to grasp at any straws... including those truly evil as opposed to dark.

I was just curious as to whether his character is evolving... or devolving in response to what has happened... or if your focus for him changed since you began the story...

keep up the good work!

Rhiannon posted a comment on Thursday 20th October 2005 1:12pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

When was this chapter submitted? I've been sitting here all day riveted because I simply could not pull myself away long enough to do anything at all! Very well written and executed! I don't normally read stories where Dumbledore is evil, but you've given me faith that it can be done and done well. Keep up the good work and I'm waiting for the next chapter!

Snapesmistress00 posted a comment on Thursday 20th October 2005 4:14am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

i finally got caught up. i've been reading this story for about a month now (real life kept interupting grrrrrrrrrrr ) and i have to say wow! i really like the way it's so original and promising. oh yeah, btw, loved the "slip" from mr lovegood about the names. that was great. i especially like that you are taking time to develop the other characters relationships. especially draco and luna. that's honestly a pair i have never seen before and when i realized you were going that direction, my first reaction was huh? but it's actually grown on me :) oh yeah, i can't wait to see some more of ron, that evil bastard. he's not my fav character, even in canon, so it's nice to see him get tossed around a bit, especially in the disclaimers. i can't remember where i was told about your story, but i wish i knew so i could go back and thank that person! great job and can't wait for another chappie!
much love!

Kaji posted a comment on Wednesday 19th October 2005 6:16am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

I think its brilliant! I love the story, but theres a lot of time between chapters that I usually have to reread the previous chapter or two and then read the new one!

Nice, awesome, outstanding, excellent, magnificent, amazing, wonderful, great, marvelous...all these words are understatements when I try to describe your story. PLEASE POST MORE CHAPTERS SOON!!!!! I CAN'T wait! hehe

Eliew posted a comment on Tuesday 18th October 2005 10:26pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Oooo...heehee... love how the Team Weasley is repairing all those ancient relics...at the rate they are going, some of these relics would all be worthless very soon or discounted as frauds, except by scientists who are interested in how the things looks like in their original state... Just curious , why didn't the news report about the fact thaat the leftovers were repaired?

Hmm..a shame that there weren't more help available, if not Flint could be put down for good, oh well, guess he have just been granted a few more months to live.

The part regarding the underground railroad was interesting, is the room actually a portkey?

Hmm..just one last thing, will the Weasel, the Bee and the Greasy Git survive this story? If so, how badly damage are they going to be physically?

I have just gone through the entire story in the last two days, and I must congratulate the two of you for truly a job well done so far. Harry was made superpowered, but still not without his weaknesses, making him at least believable.

The Ron, Ablus and Snape are beyond redemption, unless they gave up their lives in the process, even then, it may not be enough.

I like how you had Harry turn his back on the Order and the Weasleys in particular, but yet still unable to not show mercy when they need it, even if he had tried to withheld that mercy for a while. This goes as well for the five Death Nibblers caught by in the school.

I am glad the Kingsley have been exposed as the mole, but now the problem would be the one DE left in Gryffindor. Or have Harry and gang forgot about that one threat?

Another concern would be that how secure is the Haven going to be, would there be anyway a DE could be detected in the town, since there are chances that the lone Gryffindor DE is still lurking in the school right now.

One last thing, before I forget, I must say, your Disclaimers were most fun to read, heehee, and I love how Ron was being killed off each time. Hmm.. since the Bee and the Git have already been mention, maybe it's time to add in others such as Molly Prewitt, TM Riddle, etc.

Ok, think I have gonne on long enough, looking forward to your next update where I believe would be the start of the evacution or the chapter after.

fairylights posted a comment on Tuesday 18th October 2005 11:44am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

I have been remiss in not thanking you for your wonderful stories prior to this. I'm hoping you will excuse my rudeness! I don't know where y'all live, but I live in Southeastern Texas, right on the Gulf coast. When my family (Three kids, one dog, one hamster, one rabbit, two gerbils a husband and a wife *we thought the pear tree could survive on its own*) evacuated for Hurricane Rita several weeks ago, I had just started reading Dumbledore's Army. The night before we left, after I'd packed the irreplaceable stuff we were taking with us, I sat down and printed every chapter of the two stories you still have up at FF.net. That was the last thing I did before I disconected the tower and put it in the van. Those stories accompanied us as we drove to our "safe place" and provided me with much comfort and distraction during a very difficult time.

Thank you!

Kathleen posted a comment on Tuesday 18th October 2005 11:24am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Love your test for betas. Loved the details about Padfoot! Was surprised by how angry Harry got with Tonks, but loved seeing Bones' internal commentary about it. Beautiful chapter. Please keep writing, I'm loving it.

Will Pratt posted a comment on Tuesday 18th October 2005 5:14am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Bob,

Just a suggestion. It occured to me while rereading that you include a lot of AP and similar newsfeeds. Real ones of those are customarily headed with a date and location. Including the dates would be a convenient way of providing a time tick.

Will

Will Pratt posted a comment on Tuesday 18th October 2005 3:57am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

"1. The sanctuary Harry has built has room for a thousand families. How much of the wizarding population in Britain would that make?"

Actually, JKR has given us a fairly good hint, in that she has stated that the Hogwarts-age wizarding population of the British Isles is roughly 1000. If we apply the standard demographic calculations to that, assuming normal age pyramid distribution over a longevity roughly twice that of muggles, and skipping detailing the calculations, we get a total wizarding population in the near vicinity of 17,000 for the British Isles. On the assumption of an average of 5 per family, the village at Padfoot would accommodate 5000 people or slightly less that 1/3. But then, some of that population lives in Ireland already. Call it between a third and a half of the English and Scottish wizarding populations that could be accommodated. though expecting to achieve that percentage of an evacuation is probably unrealistic the way things are going to H- in a handbasket. Padfoot Village probably won't be completely full.

Will

Beth posted a comment on Tuesday 18th October 2005 2:35am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

The HMS Victory?! Oh, good heavens. I love the Weasley Heritage Thieves! Hermione is going to have kittens when she finds out that they've been repairing things -- even things being left behind. I wonder what the authorities think of that. Oh, to be a fly on the wall when Hermione does find out and confronts them.

I am really enjoying this story. Keep up the great work (including the author notes/disclaimers)!

Padfoot's Godchild posted a comment on Tuesday 18th October 2005 12:42am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

I have to agree with your Pet Peeves! I hate it when I spot a promising story and find it full of misspelled words, etc. I just leave a review in which I tell the author to please proofread their work or consult a dictionary. I won't even read the story after that.

I really like how this story is turning out. I can't wait to see what happens to Dumbledore, Snape and Ron. I hope they all get what they so dearly deserve!

Update soon.

beauty0102 posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 4:39pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

yeah great caphater.

Jeremy posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 4:00pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

You are doing a great job. The only issue I have is with Harry in this chapter. yes tonks should have been dressed down for what she did. It takes two to tango what about remus he agreed to go out. Also humiliating Tonks infront of a group of people would create resentment from Tonks. This is somehting you glossed over. Being a leadrer yes is giving reward and piunishment. This has to be measured with wizdom. Not going off suddenly when you are mad and only heard one side of the story. I am not at all trying to flame this story i have loved it from when I found it. The calaber of the site is parr excelant. I myself do not want om but I know of a great author who I feel his stoies would fit in great. How can I help him get published here?

Sam posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 2:11pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

great chapter as usual

Crys posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 12:21pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Team Weasley repairing everything. Even some of the items they didn't take? But that wasn't mentioned in the news articles . . .

About the giant carcass: Just a bit of psychological entertainment, leave a note on it saying, "You're welcome. - HP" Drive Snape and DD batty trying to figure out Harry's nefarious hidden motive.

Great stuff! Looking forward to more chapters.