Content Harry Potter

Reviews

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Thursday 1st March 2007 1:20am for Potter's Revenge

Great story, I love how you had everybody pay for the problems that he had growing up. At least in this story you gave a short epilogue(unlike Parrells) to let us know what happend in the future. Thanks for writing.

MPF

Quizer posted a comment on Thursday 1st March 2007 12:04am for Potter's Revenge

Truly an excellent piece of work! I like the Sunset/Sunrise series, but this and 'Parallels' are really exceptional! Maybe it's because the awesomeness is more condensed...

In any case, if you have more one-shots like this one, don't hesitate to present them to the loving public! xD


Quizer

Terry Swain posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 11:21pm for Potter's Revenge

Great story. :)

dic posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 10:38pm for Potter's Revenge

nice one!
special powers by getting hit in the head is one way that i have not seen before.
tinks naked in westminster abbey was also a quite nice idea
one thing that kinda caught my attention is that you seems to have quite a dislike of dumbledore and ron... dumbledore actively making the dursleys abuse harry doesn't seem to make too much sense to me, so i think that character is a bit overdrawn.
but i like the rest, especially the bit of utopia in the end - but i personally think when putting house-elves into school, it would make sense to teach dada, transfiguration and charms seperated from humans, as what my perception of house-elve magic is, it doesnt really fit with the wizards special magic, so the practical magic should be taught by house-elves themselves as they would lose some kind of culture if they just use human magic...

but i digress.
nice little plotbunny, gave me quite some laughs, definitely worth the read.

Aaran St Vines posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 10:16pm for Potter's Revenge

Bob,

I'm not sure which plot bunny you scratched with this tale, but there are several I applaud. The whole 'why did Dumbledore do this ti Harry's childhood' was explained with certain familiar elements and certian new points. I consider you the master of this since Sunset/Sunrise was the first 'bad-DD' I ever read.

I also find the financial solution to the Death Eater problem most unique in an 'after the final battle-they're getting away again' scenario.

The idea of Dobby's son as a Slytherin is choice. I only wish Snape and Draco were alive to see it, and I hope Dumbledore was as well.

Great Work!

noylj posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 5:30pm for Potter's Revenge

So, DD and SS are still "alive?"
Too bad. Great story that did not feel rushed...but could have easily been much longer.

David Thacker posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 5:23pm for Potter's Revenge

One thing why did he not end Snapes AK up or just move out of the way?

Keronshara posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 5:21pm for Potter's Revenge

I really enjoyed this story. I have really enjoyed reading all of your stories. I loved the fact that Harry was able to cripple his opponents without having to fire a single hex. Apparently, money really does talk.

I know that there are no plans for a sequel, but it would be interesting to read some one-shots that filled in the missing scenes of this story. Here are a few examples:
- detailed telling of the Order's failed attempts to capture Harry
- the lawsuit against Dumbledore enacted
the dynamics of the school, or even Ron & Harry/Hermione, without Dumbledore as Headmaster
- the scene the Minister, or other purebloods, made when are informed of their bankruptcy

They would just be interesting. Although I would like to know what happened to Albus, Fudge, and Ron or any others. Where are they now (when the story ended)? (Even if it just a few lines that are tacked on to the end of this story or any others you might do in this universe.)

Elleria posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 4:34pm for Potter's Revenge

This is a wonderful story, made me laugh a lot. Love what Harry did with the Order members that he caught following him. Sad that you made Remus a Dumblebuttkisser but I'll forgive you cause I love the way it worked in the story, especially when Harry turned into a little boy and screamed "Werewolf." Amazing story.

gil ligad posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 3:50pm for Potter's Revenge

I must admit to feeling a bit of disappointment, since I was hoping for aun update to Sunrise (or is it S.O.B.??)

But this tale was enough to reduce my disappointment to manageable proportions... it is not SOB, yes but a good enough story all on its own - enough to satisfy the cravings for another chapter, and quite enough to whet the appetite, and start the mind thinking once more.

I must admit to finding the premises of your story intriguing... especially the question of what will happen to Harry after he brings down HWMNBN (old Snake-Lips, anyway). Will he turn dark? *Can* he turn dark, given that he has friends who will support him - and have supported him - through the stories we have so far?

I did enjoy the way he 'manipulated' the wizarding world though, I must admit, his warning to Dumb-ledore about the latter's propensity to talk about 'the greater good' really worth it.

I must admit to a bit of disappointment in how you wrote Remus - rather surprising, considering the plans that old Dumb-ledore and Snape had for the 'remaking' of the wizarding world. Unfortunately, it seemed that Remus was no wolf in sheep's clothing - he may have been a wolf but it seems that he was really a sheep here.

All in all, a very delicious, filling snack.

And a welcome break in the nail-biting, spine-tingling wait for the next chapter of SOB.

Thank you.

Chris Steadman posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 2:11pm for Potter's Revenge

As always, you rule.

Thanks for letting us have this little gem for our admiration.

I eagerly look forward to seeing what you do next!

EricThorsen posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 1:20pm for Potter's Revenge

Well written, though it is still evident that you dislike the Harry/Hermione pairing... rather ironic when you consider how much of it you have written. While I can see why you won't write more on this it is still very good.

lbfan posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 1:18pm for Potter's Revenge

Very well written. Nice story.

I paticularly liked how you had Harry successfully
separate Ron's behavior from the rest of the
Weasleys.

Colpinky posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 1:10pm for Potter's Revenge

Good story. Sometimes it is fun to have an overpowered Harry, with lots of money and political clout to boot. If even for a second it provides for relief from a world filled with idiots like the villians in your story. Keep up the good work.

aengus posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 11:54am for Potter's Revenge

Another masterpiece. You are geniuses and I do wish that you woukd write more of these kind of stories.

I get the impression that you two hate Dumbledore, Ron, and a bunch of other people, Thank you for bringing some originality to the Harry Potter world.

Cheers, I wish you luck and good fortune in your life and writtings

hedwig_edwiges posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 10:16am for Potter's Revenge

I really like when you decide to do an one-shot story. They are complete and full of ideas. Even if yoiu don't do any sequels, it's possible to imagining an entire world from there. Thanks.

Hannah3 posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 10:07am for Potter's Revenge

Well, it took me around 3 hours to read this. I really liked it. So, I was reading the Sunset/rise over Britain, and then I was like, you know what, I'm going to wait until they are both finished, then I'll read them both. Because I remember Sunset was really good.

Sandstone posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 10:02am for Potter's Revenge

Quite an interesting read. I've always enjoyed anti-Dumbledore stories, and this one is one of the better ones I have come across. It does touch upon some of the more commonly used events (Dumbledore stealing from Harry, attempted kidnapping, exc), but the humor added on made it quite enjoyable.
The only thing I picked up was that 900% deflation thing. Mathematically, it doesn't make sense for any currency to deflate over one hundred percent. I admit that I slept through plenty of math courses, but if the currency was deflated like that, it would literally be worth less than worthless, which does not make much sense (especially since this is old fashioned currency, made of precious metals). Perhaps you meant 99.999%, so a galleon would be worth next to nothing?
I'm not trying to nickpick, but it bothered me for some reason. Beyond that, a enjoyable read, with an interesting twist on 'Harry gets new powers'. I don't recall anyone having used something like THAT before, so plenty of points for the creativity shown there. ^_^

DaZZa posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 9:54am for Potter's Revenge

I *really* get the impression you guys don't like Dumbledore. How many fics have you made him the bad guy in now? :-)

Nice work, as always. Please. go on to post more of your one shots - I haven't read one yet I haven't enjoyed thoroughly. Your one shots are worth more than some peoples whole plotlines!

Lilo posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 9:49am for Potter's Revenge

BRAVO! One of the BEST Harry/Hermione stories I have ever read. The story flowed from one portion to the next effortlessly..you had all the emotions covered making each seem and feel very real to the reader. Great job!