Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 10:46pm

Amen! I like a good crossover, the problem is, those are few and far between.

Jamie46 posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 9:56pm

Lost. But still funny. :) hehehe. Poor Fanghorn; he really didn't need to be there, but I suppose he could step on Voldemort... I wonder what the tree equivalent of Athlete's Foot is? ;) hahaha

Yenom posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 8:13pm

haha Oh God, that is so screwed up yet so true at the same time. It does really make you wonder why 95% of them have to have all of them not believe him. Oh the 'hangnail of power' he had was a great touch really showed how bad some of them are write. Well on to the next one.

Yenom posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 7:50pm

So this was later in one of Kinsfire's work? has to be really Harry has to be abused then he get all 12 of the girls. This was almost fluff that would make it upd happy's work ^^ Plus didn't have the required level of smut that a Kinsfire fic requires.

Though it is still good just after that one that makes fun of slash fics, I don't know if your going to do better. Well on to the next one

Yenom posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 7:30pm

Ah shit that is so awesome how you spoofed slash fics just by making the main good and bad guy straight. It really does show how little sense they make.

So far funnest chapter so far right behind Old Crow's chapter, though I love how they all keep asking if she was a C cup in that one. Probably because I agree with you, Bob, on your opinion on it's level of wrongness of a slash fic.

Yenom posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 7:12pm

Oh wow this reminded me of the time I tried to read some of Abraxans work. At least I think it was had some thing with a dagger that controled Hermione then they found out she was controlled and wouldn't forgive her. At least that's where I stopped reading I mean really Ginny was controlled in her first year and nothing became of it but they couldn't forgive Hermione, talk about not making sense.

Well good chapter though it did make me think of that other fic, so off to read more so I can forget about it.

nurray posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 7:03pm

Ooooh! I started to read one like this. Stopped very shortly.

Doing a crossover is HARD!
Doing a decent crossover is very HARD!

The problem is usually one set of characters in the crossover doesn't get protrayed correctly (bad characterization) or doesn't fit the others universe so they 'look odd'. Also the need for the reader to be aware of both series beforehand.

This doesn't apply to cameo's, where character(s) from some other book/series/whatever pops up briefly to set up a plot or a gag but isnot a major part of story and knowledge of that other series is less important.

To me the worst of this is when a story starts off in the HP universe (for example) and quite a few chapters later introduces characters from some other series, usually because they think it would be cool. If the original story line was OK, this little trick kills it almost 100% of the time. There are a few stories I had enjoyed until this occurred in them. One quite late in the story.

Yenom posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 6:53pm

hahaha Oh wow, god that was hard to read at first, but I bet was even harder for you to write. To bad you really can't shoot someone who's that bad at writing.

Well, on to read more.

Yenom posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 6:47pm

Hahaha, ahh shit that is funny as hell.

This you can tell would be your spoof of his work after HBP. As in his pre-HBP work, he never had Hermione waste her time with Ron.

Well on to read how silly the next chapter is.

MagyarEagle posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 4:50pm

Hillarious! A nice interlude until sunrise over britain.

DaZZa posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 12:33pm

Guys, all I can say is - What the hell were you smoking when you wrote this lot, and why don't you tell everyone where you got it!

Donna Mobley posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 11:20am

LOL, I just read Kinsfire's NaNo story from last year and was wondering about Dorothy in the background while he's writing his erm... bedroom scenes. Your "behind the scenes" with the author bits are right along what I thought! I laughed so hard I woke the kids.

Donna Mobley posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 11:12am

What's really sad is I've found a couple fics that read like that but have a good concept and storyline. It would be a great story with some major proofreading. I've offer my services as a beta but get no takers.

Seen a few credit their *younger* sibling as their beta! (Author was 13!)

Donna Mobley posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 11:03am

Okay you two! I laughed so hard I peed my pants! ( no really, I'm pregnant and it's a reality now, rather than just an expression!)

The best part.... My husband doesn't share my enjoyment of fanfics. He thinks it's a travesty that people play with another authors' work. Anyway, I make comments here and there to him about stories I have come across, like the occasional ones that start out pretty good only to wind up surprising and disgusting you with slash. So it was with great joy that I shared this chapter with him and HE Loved IT!!! I told him he should try reading your other stuff, but he said he'd stick with the parodies, that was fun!

Firelegs posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 10:25am

This is hilarious; I love it! Good luck, and I hope to see Sunrise Over Britail soon:P

Now...back to my macro paper:(

Firelegs

AK posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 10:08am

Whahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
*falls of his chair and starts rolling on the floor*
Hahahaa... okay that was funny... i don`t think I had this much fun while reading an absurd storyish kind of thingy...

But lets not forget ourselves CRUCIO!!!!!
what on hell u think you`r doing? Get back to work and wrtie the sequel to SoB which is also conviniently named SoB... is that a coincidence?
Heh good job you two you really are fun writers to read, and I praumisse i willie notte righte any fanfiction :)

AK

Oh btw I was just wondering for what reason were you kicked from ff.net?

FenrisWolf posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 9:35am

Oh, if only we could.....sometimes it feels like the following conversation is happening endlessly.

"So, you don't use a beta?"

"Naw, Man, I got rid of it when I got a DVD player!"

FenrisWolf posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 9:30am

"On the count of one...two...FIVE!"

"Three, Harry!"

"Right! THREE!"

BOOOMMMMMM!!!!

What, you didn't know that Voldemort's pet bunny was really the Dreaded Beast of Auuugggghhh?

Great parody, a nice cleansing of the mental palate before returning to the serious business of Sunrise over Britain!

slinky_jinx posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 7:50am

Nice bit of tomfoolery, it gave me a good laugh. I certainly needed one because my teeth have been hurting me horribly for the last few weeks. Good job and I can't wait until you write Sunrise Over Britain. Keep up the good work!

sylver_skoon posted a comment on Thursday 17th November 2005 6:39am

Title could be Boobraker... *grin*