Content Harry Potter

Reviews

BJH posted a comment on Sunday 27th December 2009 2:28pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

OK, you can have Rickman but I'm keeping the Speedo.

BJH

marcelhm posted a comment on Sunday 27th December 2009 12:41am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Well folks thank you for this great xmas pressent, an update on one of my favorite stories and another plot turn I didn't see coming too! :D. Don't have much more to say about the chapter since I'm still feeling kinda stupefied, except for a big lol at the xavier wolverine part.

Till the next time

CootiePatootie posted a comment on Saturday 26th December 2009 11:13am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Oh EXCELLENT! WOWOWOWOW! and I don't refer to your "other" obsession! ;-D

This is a great update. Let me see...
Hermione/Neville - excellent. Love the buildup "what everyone else can see" - so very nice.
The determination of the non-marked students to protect themselves and the school is great because it is so frequently Harry-led. It's nice to see them backing the pressure off of him for a bit.
I LOVE the bit in Gringotts with the Goblin craftsman. Absolutely superb - I was hoping you would bring True Silver into the story somehow, because I am really looking forward to learning more about its characteristics. The elements you introduced, like the Goblin city and the artisan and the heirloom pieces are all well thought out. The use of these things together in this way is unique to your story as far as I can tell - I've seen Harry hire a Goblin craftsman before, and I've seen Harry visit the Goblin living area before, but never have I seen him actually visiting an actual city to do business before. Neat idea.

Love the H/G interaction. It just feels very right - having Ginny declare that she was fighting "for Harry" is a great idea - you are absolutely right in that it is very infrequent that anybody fights for him.

All in all, a most satisfying update.

Oh, my dear hubby was inspired for a moment, and gave me a Frying Pan of Infinite Attacks for Christmas. I am so pleased! ;-D

LeprechaunJV posted a comment on Saturday 26th December 2009 10:16am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Excellent!!!!!

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Saturday 26th December 2009 7:32am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Outstanding chapter, I really like that the D.A. has taken Harry's advice and are making plans to deal with the Death Eaters in the school. The plans they are making are quite good too, they are such that they give Dumbledore a chance to do the right thing (not that he will) before they act. I really wish I had more to offer other than great job and thank you.

Carolyn Jinn posted a comment on Saturday 26th December 2009 6:13am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

You say 'Enjoy or don't'... Well I think I will enjoy.

I admire your story and don't plan on not reading it.

The plot is quite interesting and, whenever you do plan on updating, I will be here to read it. (Just a suggestion, maybe the llamas know somthing about where the penguins are???)

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, both of you!

David Brookes posted a comment on Saturday 26th December 2009 4:27am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Congratulations on such a great story - keep up the good work...

artaud91 posted a comment on Saturday 26th December 2009 3:51am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

thanks very much for the fic
I was recommended this story by people on a forum and I'm glad I listened
after reading i will be sure to read your other works.

Kortir posted a comment on Friday 25th December 2009 10:05pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

I enjoyed!
Lots of great stuff this chapter. Nice job with the goblins- fairly par for the course, but good nonetheless. And yay for the little Harry/Ginny scene. Fluff for the win. :)

Jimmy posted a comment on Friday 25th December 2009 8:35pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Happy Christmas, Merry New Year, and update soon!!!! I LOVE YOUR WORK! BOTH OF YOU...

KR2688 posted a comment on Friday 25th December 2009 4:55pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

I got to say at first the part about harry going soft was disconcerting. But later on when harry attacked and killed bella and lucy made it a little more in line with how harry's character is portrayed. Another thing is, and i know it is something reitereated a lot but Harry and Ginny do not make a good couple. Harry is much more suited for Hermione than Ginny. Ginny is a red head and as it is always described Ginny looks like Lilly. Hell the names sound almost alike. That's why Ginny and Harry neither look good together and/or as some are reading feel good together. But it is your fic and your decisions... this is just food for thought.

Bobmin356 replied:

We warned you that the ship was Harry/Ginny. You opened it anyway, why did you read it if you didn't like the ship? We even went as far as to include a special notice opening chapter warning off the Ginny haters.

Did you think we were kidding?

Nightwing510 posted a comment on Friday 25th December 2009 2:10pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

I liked the way you have the other students planning to side with Harry.

sparrowphoenix posted a comment on Friday 25th December 2009 10:44am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Once again, thanks for the update. I've re-read it about five times since it was posted. I look forward to the next update.

As for the missing penguins, check Snape's closet or Umbridge's suitcase :)

Have a wonderful holiday season and see you in the new year :)

kb0 posted a comment on Thursday 24th December 2009 11:20pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Another lovely chapter, thanks for sharing! For some reason I didn't get a notification, but then, that's why I come look here from time to time.

So, Logan died and "rebooted"? An interesting way to look at his powers, but I guess as long as you don't separate his head from his body, that makes sense.

Poor Harry... On the one hand, he's got Ginny helping him to understand that someone really does care for him. Then on the other, Dumbledore is making a mess of things (or at least perceived to be).

Nice touch with Charles manipulating the Minister and the Aurors. Yep, just ignore those silly Muggles over there behind the curtain, Mr Minister. ;)

I look forward to the next chapter in this saga. In the meantime, I've got a story to go work on. Happy Christmas!

Kevin (or kb0)

ladyimmortal posted a comment on Thursday 24th December 2009 8:54pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Let me know when you find the penguins, I think they're languishing! (just kidding, lol).

Another enjoyable chapter. I rather liked your little 'battle' between Trixie and Lucy... nice of Harry to kick their butts - and to have a very realistic reaction to what he did!

Great job!

Starlingswings posted a comment on Thursday 24th December 2009 8:15pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

I'm sending you a Coffe Cup of Imminent Doom. Not only can you throw the coffee in flamers' faces, you can also conjure horrible deaths with the right amount of sugar and they'll be done. Benefits inculde not getting arrested, as people won't know it's you. There are only two in existence; yours and the one I made my mother.

hordac85 posted a comment on Thursday 24th December 2009 1:15pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

excellent.Keep it up.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Thursday 24th December 2009 8:00am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

I have to admit that I loved Prof. Xavier doing that "Obe-Wan" number on Scrimgeour and his aurors. That was a very nice touch indeed.

Mickey posted a comment on Thursday 24th December 2009 7:05am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Very nice although I can't see any adultsin the wizarding world (orat least any non-hypocritical adult) being shocked at Xavier affecting the Minister's memory, or Xavier and the X-men letting any hypocritical ones get away with it if they do express shock.

Alysson posted a comment on Thursday 24th December 2009 7:02am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

As a new reader, I have to say: A brilliant adventure/romp on the wild side, and a great chapter (which has cheered me up immensely). Well, I don't actually have to say anything, but I want to.

I'm not usually interested in Harry/Ginny or crossover fics, but this one has got me going (and coming back for more.) That really is about the best compliment I can pay an author, to say I want more, please. The disclaimers are fun, too (what can I say, I'm a fan of Monty Python).

I particularly like the idea that Logan finds Goblin attitudes in tune with his own. It's odd, I like the nice, clear-cut attitude to justice that the Goblins have, too ... even if they can't make a decent cup of tea to save their lives.

As a side note, I've already tried crossing the energy streams, but I still can't get the llama stains out of the wallpaper. Any advice?

As a point of discussion (and not as a suggestion/request) I find myself wondering what would happen if Rogue grabbed hold of a wizard? Would she become magical, or would the wizard merely suffer horribly? (one can only hope, after all).

I also find myself wondering what would happen if you dumped Logan in with The Marauders/Twins? Oh dear!

Please keep up the good work.
Gryshnjak hjal!