Content Harry Potter

Reviews

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd December 2009 12:10am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Thanks for the new chapter, I have truly enjoyed reading this story. As I have with all of your previous story.

Thanks for Writing
MPF

Wolfric posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 9:47pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

This Rita Skeeter demise is almost as good as the bug zapper in PotP. Great chapter. Like several others I think Lucius & Bella's demise was well handled. Hopefully Harry will be able to move past this with a somewhat balanced persective. I look forward to further developments. Thanks for writing. W.

biged78 posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 9:26pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Another great chapter.
Love to see what finally happens to Snape.

Merry Christmas!!

Eugene Jacobson posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 8:47pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Nice chapter. About the formatting. Some of the words that are in bold have a line going thru them.

GenkaiFan posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 8:15pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Even after the third time through, this chapter makes for an enjoyable read. However, I noticed that each location/section heading had a line through it. A programming error?

Have a safe and happy holiday. --GenkaiFan

JaCee2u posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 7:46pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Excellent chapter, as always. Just one minor thing, Ragnok didn't mention that HP made Lucy's melon look like an "after" photo from a Gallagher show. I would think splattering the SOB's head all over the wall would deserve some mention in his after action description to Ruffie and Dumbles. Something along the lines of "The reddish browns and grays reminded me of Seurat at his finest. We will incorporate that wall into a pointillism mural of the battle to honor Lord Black.'s valor."

DrT posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 3:58pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Harry's shell-shock/pts is unfortunate, but probably necessary to the plot. I do like your use of Logan and can see why he'd like these goblins. Looking forward to your next when you are able. . . .

mwinter posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 3:55pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

As always a great chapter. Well if fruit helps you post faster I'll be glad to send them your way. Can't wait to see how Dumbledore handles Hermione and Ginny over the death nibblers in the school.

Rabidwallaby posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 2:44pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

I read it,or did I? I think I liked it but I'm not sure. You have written a superb story except all those letters strung together confuse me. I appreciate the speed of you updates but I really could wait a little longer. I hope my review has made you feel better about your story but really I don't care. Thank you for the work of fiction you have provided, It has helped me waste fifteen minutes of my life. Well gotta go, I have a case of chocolate sauce and some whiskey'd up llamas in the basement. Take care, or don't....Rabid

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 2:01pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Well, that was a delightful Christmas present, thank you very much. Having said that, let me say that I'm quite delighted at the way Harry's relationship with Ginny is slowly growing, with both having the patience to not rush things on either side. I thought the various Houses uniting to deal with the "Death Nibblers" in their midst was an important step, though one that's probably antithetical to Dumbledore's plans (he's going to be rather ticked off when he gets that ultimatum). The visit to teh Goblin City was a right delight (always enjoyable to see how others live) and Harry's behavior undoubtedly gained him more than he realizes at this time. His response to Malfoy and Lestrange was quite in keeping with his nature, but he does have to take to heart that killing a mad-dog like those two were is not an evil, it's simply an act of responsibility on the part of an adult wizard of consicence; he could, and should, do no other.

jilumasam posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 1:42pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Good work!!!!

Lourens posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 1:12pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Great chapter. Hope you find those penguins. ;P

Carol Layland posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 12:45pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Hi Bob and Alyx, As usual your writing is absolutely superb. I was
especially impressed with your version of Shakespeare's very dramatic episode where Madam McBeth washes her hands repeatedly as a result of her insanity after killing the King. Your description was perfect as Harry sits in the shower washing blood from his hands and none of the wizards know how to handle this situation. Now what are you going to do to aliviate this problem. He must after all fight Voldie.
In general and even though Harry is a very well balanced personality an episode such as this can do a number on his equilibrium an so affect the story profoundly. I can't wait to read what you intend to do about this episode.
Carol Layland

Aaron W posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 12:29pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

To the 4 time llama leaping champ Alyx and the one and only Bullet Bob. Welcome back! I'm such a fan of the X-men and Harry Potter. I'm glad that you're continuing your stories. I've been a fan since your Sunrise/Sunset series you're notorious for having unique parings. You're Luna/Draco paring in the Sunrise/Sunset series was great and well written. and having Hermione and Neville being interested in each other will work too. I love see how Harry doesn't suck up and go on (well he does, but he has no choice, he learn the hard way the so called #1 rule: "When you need help and you can't turn to anybody you turn to the one person who never lets you down: yourself") He's still a work in progress and he killed Lucius and Bellatrix i wonder how Draco is going to react to this.

Anyway I like the crossover and how you written it. So if Magneto isn't going to be in this fic, How about the Black Queen Selene? That is one woman who's evil to the core and a powerful witch to boot. The X-men and Selene have faced each other before (and currently in a storyline they're facing her now, and she's got an army of her own) I like to see what happens next.

I like how Ginny and Harry are getting close together. She's right Harry do needs someone to care for him, Ginny's finishing what Jean and the rest of the X-men started, letting Harry know that he's loved. Although with is panic attack after he killed Lucius and Bella will set him back, it's good to see that he's not immediately better, he's been through a lot and he's not going to be completely better anytime soon, and he doesn't have time with Riddle breathing down his neck.

Glad to see another chapter of this and love to see what you do next. keep it up

Jonathan Langford posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 12:07pm for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

This was very fun. The part I'm really looking forward to, though, is the point where the students force a confrontation on Dumbledore. That will be the point where he knows that things are now completely off-track in terms of him keeping to whatever precious stupid plan he has in mind.

A day with a new Bobmin chapter is a happy day indeed.

sparrowphoenix posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 11:57am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Thank you for the update. I will consider it a holiday gift :) It's a wonderful story and just keeps getting better. Watch out for the llamas and the penguins :) Have a wonderful holiday!

Darak1 posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 11:53am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Not writing for us? Not even the author notes ? Oh man and all this time I tought you were addressing actual readers ...

rosiegirl posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 11:39am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

Another fantastic chapter. Loved Logan's reaction to the Goblins, his kind of people indeed. Poor Harry, looking forward to Draco's reaction- that won't end well....for Draco. Happy Holidays and thanks for the present!

Clell65619 posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 11:16am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

- Very nice. I wish you could have gotten to Dumbledore's defense of the Death Nibblers at the school, but I'm sure that will come next time.

- That was possibly the goriest Bella death I've ever read. Well done.

amulder posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd December 2009 10:45am for Chapter 9 - A Pleasant Surprise and First Blood

I find it intriguing how Hermione and Crew are standing up and working on their own, without Harry. That is possibly the most hopeful thing that Harry should see about his future in the wizarding world. This next generation of leaders(?) are working with him, not hiding behind him. In fact, they are going to work even without him, if necessary. This should be a good comfort and inspiration for him.

An interesting view of the Goblin nation, but really, a 1hr ride on that train? Seems quite long.

Thanks for writing, I enjoy this story.
...art