Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Donna Mobley posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 2:10am

Totally exceeded any expectations I had, which is saying alot considering I've come to expect great things from you two! You don't disappoint!
I love your premise, I personally haven't seen anything like this in fanfic yet so you get A++ for originality.
I look forward to the next chapter.

Ruth Smith posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 2:08am

I loved it, Nothing more really to say than Thanks and I'm looking forward to the next bit.
Ruth

sugarbear68 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 2:05am

WOO HOO! A new Bobmin story! (faves)
WOO HOO! A Harry / Ginny story! (faves)
WOO HOO! A HP / X-Men cross over! (not fave X-men, but still good)
All I can say is, bring on the goodness! WOO HOO! (And I don't usually leave reviews like this. They are usually much tamer and/or have constructive criticism.)

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 2:05am

Oh, I know this is going to be SO good. I've always had a sweet spot for the idea of HP and mutants.

I'm not at ALL keen on the Ginny aspect, but I've certainly been warned. I'm sure all the H/G enthusiasts have been tearing their hair out the last two years or so you've been posring H/HR fics - I suppose they should get their turn.

PerfesserN posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 2:04am

Oh yeah, like it very much.
Tremendous potential here, a seamless joining of the mutant and magic.
He certainly wouldn't be the first mutant mage, remember the Scarlet Witch?
May I suggest cameo appearences by Wanda Maximoff and / or Billy Kaplan?
I await the next thrilling chapter with baited breath.
(Anyone got a mint? My breath smells like bait. . .)
N!

Eliew posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 2:04am

Interesting start, and many points I like about your story, like how Jean is the twin to Lily, rather than Jean is Lily, and of how the Weasley twins was able to trust that Harry haven't turn evil even though they weren't able to witness the entire event between him and Petunia.

Personally I ship HP/HG, but I believe that as long as you guys do not bring Ron and Hermione together, it shouldn't be too bad, though, if you do, hopefully it will be convincing. But I think that is gonna be difficult, as making Ron worthy of Hermione is gonna will likely make him out of character. And with his current attitude, he is worst than better than Malfoy, just a hypocrite. Will be interesting to know what is going to be his fate. Died because of his bigotry and jealousy, or something worse? Though the latter would be nice.

From what I read, it sounds like Snape is evil in this story, more pro Voldie than pro Dumbly. Hopefully the truth of his deceit will come to light, and he can face the wrath of both a fully trained Harry and Jean together, well let that include Dumblydore as well, if he is still able to do anything to Snape.

The Harry in this story seem to be going to be a very powerful mutant, with so many different powers already manifesting. Phasing, teleportation and telepathy, and through these powers, invisibility and a form of telekinesis. Will there be more? Like being able to do what he threaten Duddie Dumpkins Diddikins with, squeezing his heart while it's still beating within that fat carass of his. Or will the rest be more like martial arts training from Logan, as well as some other skills. This Harry is also a little dark, having no qualms in getting others into trouble or injured, if they had somehow offended him, not that they don't deserve it.

As was pointed out by the Weasley twins, why did loyal and supportive Hermione suddenly become stupid and lie to Harry, I hope there will be a good explanation. Hopefully the relationship between my two favourite characters hasn'tgone so bad that pass the point of no return just because of this one incident.

Just curious as well is that how many other characters will be brought into the story, both mutants and magical. Will Luna and Neville make their appearance? What about Kitty Pryde and the younger students of the gifted school. Will there be other magical mutants as well?

Looking forward to the next chatper ^__^

FireRose posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 2:02am

I've been looking forward to this story since I first heard about it, and the first chapter certainly didn't disappoint! I particularly enjoyed the interaction between Xavier and Dumbledore - I hope that we get to see more of it!

Kruste posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 2:01am

I'm not a Fan of Xover's, but this is really good. I mean REALLY good. Can't Wait for the next chapter.

Is Harry gonna be somekind of Super!Harry? Like, the mightiest Mutant and Wizard ever?

Lint posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 2:00am

I'll bite, it looks like it has potential. The only question I have is what mistake Ginny made, since she didn't show up in the chapter. Nice chapter, but the links to it were messed up and hard to navigate.

gadriam posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 1:55am

Great cahpter, rite more!
Just kidding.

A very nice, and fairly believable merger. I default to adoring HP-Xmen crosses, but this one seems to deserve it. You haven't put much character into the X'es yet, but what I've seen is impressive. I, of course, would like you to rethink the ship, but you have proven time and time again that you, indeed, know best.
Have a Llama.
g

Kaerion posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 1:49am

I'm not familiar enough with X-Men to want to leave any kind of substantive review yet, at least not before reading up on the setting, but I do want to let you know that I've read this, and that I'm liking what I've seen so far!

I've always felt that the one thing Harry needs, more than anything, is someone who cares for him, and who is willing to put him before anyone and anything else, so combining that plot-line with the high quality writing I've come to expect from you, this most definitely gives me the impression of being a great story that I'll love. You managed to show off your skills at subtle and ambiguous hinting too, with the small snippets of Snape's thoughts, that clearly show that he's not completely loyal to Dumbledore, but does nothing to suggest whether he's loyal to Voldemort, or just himself, so kudos on that, too! You've gotten my attention, and you've teased my curiosity, so I'll be looking forward to your next chapter!

Do you have any specific plans that you feel like sharing, on how often you'll be updating this story, or will that mostly depend on how long it takes your betas to get through your chapters?

artenry posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 1:43am

Definitely an interesting story.

I've seen Harry Potter x X-Men crossovers done before, but nothing on this scale, and nothing as well written as this is.

I commend you two, and I look forward to seeing the next few chatpres.

ProfessorY91 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 1:43am

Amazing. Simply amazing.

I have always lurked on fanfiction sites similar to this one, reading your stories here and what used to be on ff.net. Always after the fact. This is the first time I managed to catch the beginning of a story - an excellent beginning as well. I'm thrilled to be along for the ride.

The first chapter was well thought out, in terms of a believable, feasible sequence of events. What seems slightly off color is Harry's reactions to the situations/pressures that he was feeling. Expanding his rage, following the scene in Dumbledore's office at the end of 5th year, into a reversal of personality seems a little off, not terrible, just rushed. Notice that I am not trying to cling to canon, just saying that he seems to move from disbelief to distrust to disgust fairly quickly. I suppose it is necessary to get Harry's character where you want him to be.

Other than that, I must compliment you on an excellent merge of two different 'worlds'. Making Jean Harry's aunt was a stroke of brilliance, and the classic confrontation between Xavier and Dumbledore was a perfectly logical scene. Something tells me there is a lot more to the background that you gave us in this chapter.

I have a question which may be answered in the coming chapter or shortly thereafter. I am not overly familiar with the X-Men storyline, however, I want to ask if this is after Magneto was hit with the serum which resulted in the loss of his mutant powers. Essentially, is Magneto going to play a role in this story. If that's too broad of a question, then maybe a clarification of where the mutant world currently stands with regards to their own conflict.

I thank you for your brilliant work, and look forward to reading more of this story. An excellent start.

Professor Y. L. Crawford-Shaw

MagnaMorbius posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 1:40am

Why would people grumble about a Harry/Ginny pairing? True, your greatest story (in my opinion) is the Sunset/Sunrise, and that was Harry/Hermione, but Healing Harry and Dear Tom were both Harry/Ginny. And in Dear Tom, you also introduced the idea of mole post (I've tried this, and it doesn't work, but I'm simply trying new training methods).

The most important thing is that, regardless of what the reviewers say, you write the best story you can write, and that is something that you've never had a problem with. Keep up the good work.

Chewy posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 1:40am

Good start i hope Dumbledore gets whats coming to him. Sounds like Snape is going to tell Voldemort that Harry is the only one that can kill him. Will you have Voldemort split his soul in this story.

MonCappy posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 1:39am

I can't wait for the next chapter. As much as I am not a fan of Harry / Ginny pairings, I do look forward to seeing how that develops. What has been written thus far has me eagerly awaiting the next chapter.

I must admit that I harbor an intense hatred of the Dursleys and am disappointed that they still live.

MoxTitus posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 1:39am

I really like your story so far. After reading many HP/X-Men crossover, which never got finished, I can`t wait for your updates.

I am not a HP/GW shipper, but I am interested to find out how this one will come to pass.
Please keep on writing.

Houndofhell posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 1:33am

Awesome start to what looks like a very promising story, i'm a big fan of Xmen and of Harry Potter and you've combined it very well. Looking forward to more.

someonehere posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 1:33am

I love it! What could be better than x-men and Harry Potter -- together! Thanks for writing it, and please don't leave me hanging too long!

Phil Boswell posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 1:28am

An interesting start.

What does Ron know about mutants? He claims there's no such thing, then says "good riddance" to Harry when his ignorance is shown up.

So what's Ginny up to in all of this? It seems slightly unclear as to whether she's being trained alongside Ron and Hermione. At least she didn't take part in the rather unwisely-conducted letter campaign: sounds like somebody dropped a rather big ball there. I'm looking forward to her first appearance.

Also wondering whether Scott and Logan are going to echo Moony and Padfoot: I'm not that famliar with the X-Men so I'll wait and find out ;-)