Content Harry Potter

Reviews

ThunderGod posted a comment on Sunday 1st January 2006 10:11pm for The Darkest Hours

I need a luagh and nice story to read..entertaining and enjoyable..which is proven when its still enjoyable on a 2nd read through

ThunderGod

Jeremy3 posted a comment on Friday 30th December 2005 1:45pm for The Darkest Hours

who's the President during all this?

Fred Schilling posted a comment on Thursday 22nd December 2005 2:04pm for The Darkest Hours

LMAO, BOWEL-Movement
this is truly one of, if not the best fanfic i've ever read, and you two are the best authors. no doubt

Schilling

harry85 posted a comment on Monday 5th December 2005 11:13pm for The Darkest Hours

Loved this chapter! Every moment of it, really!

noylj posted a comment on Tuesday 15th November 2005 6:24am for The Darkest Hours

Do you like Musing_of_apathy's story or did you two get into a squabble? Except for overly slow updates (IMHO), I have enjoyed Cracked Reservoir so far and am curious about your opinions.
You guys are great...

minervakitty posted a comment on Sunday 13th November 2005 11:05pm for The Darkest Hours

Looks like the house elves has another career, if they want to change jobs. What is the requirements for the Ritual of Anthrokrak? Is it going to take a few people's magic and life? How long for that ritual and the ritual that Harry's planning? Is Remus going to find out that Dan is letting Dobby watching the bad war movies? Have the Slytherins that rebel in the relocation, stripped of their magical powers and oblivated to the location of Padfoot. Dumbledore's not going to find out about Padfoot? Is the Queen safe, or will there be a rescue of the Queen by someone? Who has the complete list of what the Weasleys liberated? Serves Snape right for siding with two masters. At least, he know now of his standing with the two of them. How much of the Pepper Up/restorative potions would be needed after Harry's ritual? Who will be in that group? How many witches/wizards is orphans due to the Amesbury incident?

Aberforth's Avatar posted a comment on Sunday 13th November 2005 9:53am for The Darkest Hours

this is an interesting story with overtones of 1940. Well done! The venality of Dumbledore and Mrs. Weasley is truly a creative touch, as is allowing Ron's jealousy free rein. I don't think I've seen anything similar, which is delightfully refreshing. I am enjoying your story very much, and I thank you both for sharing it with us.

I was waiting to see if Fawkes would switch allegiance to Harry. Rereading a couple of scenes makes me doubt that will happen. Harry has gone just a touch too grey in his aims, hasn't he?

Reading this prompted me to look up your stories on FF.net. I think this one much better executed, and much more original.

Seeing as you've noted your pet peeves at some length in the authors' notes, let me note one of my own that your writing rubs the wrong way: lack of homonym discipline. You have consistently used your when you're is required. Also, there has been a breach in the Weasley family, not the breech you noted. English is a language allowing the precise expression of thought and nuance of meaning, not a blunt instrument.

Valerie posted a comment on Saturday 12th November 2005 4:26pm for The Darkest Hours

Hello...i really do love your stories and i do love the way you tell it like it is...

A question....Whatever did happen to fawkes after he left dumbledore? I really would like to see him join with harry...although that is rather over used isn't it? Well it was just an idea that i thought would fit if dumbledore ever found out that fawkes is on harry's side....Again i love your stories and hope that your sequel won't take too long to write. Thank you so much for stating what you did in your pet peeves...i agree with all of them.

Love and luck on your storie
Valerie

Mark4 posted a comment on Friday 11th November 2005 3:02pm for The Darkest Hours

Quick question: ont the page where it lists the stories 'stats' for lack of a better word, why does the status list the story as completed? Unless of course this is the end of SOB, thus the story is completed and I have a "Siriusly" sarcasttic comment coming to me (pardon the pun).

kari posted a comment on Thursday 10th November 2005 5:40am for The Darkest Hours

Still loving SOB. Keep it up :D

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Thursday 10th November 2005 4:03am for The Darkest Hours

Another great chapter and one that just demands you to keep scrolling down and reading.

Although Harry doesn't know it, a race is now on to seal Voldemort inside Britain before he installs too many troops in Ireland. I suppose, though, the worst-case scenario is for him to have to clear up a few dozen DEs and allies who suddenly find themselves cut off from their boss.

As for Dumbledore? For now, I imagine that he is not going to be an issue. His first priority is to rebuild his strength, now that the Order is largely either extinct or under Harry's control. He won't really be important, I think, until Harry is ready to counter-attack. Then, I strongly suspect that he will become a hinderance, trying to take charge and run the whole resistance. Ultimately, his Dark credentials will be exposed.

I think that I see a FW/OFC GW/OFC ship on the horizon. Oh Merlin! If you get two sets of identical twins with their twinspeak into relationships... madness awaits. :-o

The story is racing towards a great conclusion. I can't wait to see Harry's shocked realisation that, despite claiming no lordship or demanding any fealty, he has got both in spades.

Only the fate of Molly Weasley remains to be revealed. I strongly suspect that the Dark Lord is about to get a follower who (in her own mind at least) is equal and replacement to Bellatrix Lestrange.

BenRG's Rating: 8/10

tom posted a comment on Thursday 10th November 2005 1:41am for The Darkest Hours

hey now there is no reson to bring me into this! And I don't do it underhanded, its easier to take the knickers off overhanded and twist..... figured out what pc means yet? My address used to be spelled out but I got to many complaints.

Jamie posted a comment on Wednesday 9th November 2005 9:23pm for The Darkest Hours

*happy siiiggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh* :-D Major GRIN.

That's all I can really say about this chapter. :) hehehe.... Maybe my brain is in shut-down or something, but all I can think is "awwwwww".... Must be the "he's so great, Hermione" moment at the end. ;) hahaha. Herm's right: as IF she or he'd let him get away!! :-D hehehe

....and I could KILL for a Krispy Kreme donut... Donuts in Japan are all cake-style :( blech! Going on 16 months without a "proper" donut :'( so sad....

eagerly awaiting more! (the last chapter, that is... THEN i'll be waiting for the plot-bunny story... i know the SOB sequel is gonna be a while in coming...) :-D Yay for great authors! (and betas! ;) hehehe. you, too, Alyx.)

darren0122501225 posted a comment on Wednesday 9th November 2005 6:51pm for The Darkest Hours

This chapter is excellent, as is this entire story.
I particularly liked the emotive impact of the nuclear explosion and the breakdown of the structure of the nation. As a Brit living near Stonehenge, this part connected strongly with me, and they way they were described stopped my heart for a moment - almost too close to what reality could be. Scary, but extremly well handled
No review would be complete without lauding the twins for injecting some relief into the situation (really? a Hawaiian terrorist group?)
These were the prominent features that made the story for me thus far, to list everything would take longer than I have at the moment
-D

Gidget posted a comment on Wednesday 9th November 2005 3:45pm for The Darkest Hours

I must start this off by saying great job. I have read much fanfic and I can honestly say that it has been a long time since I found a story that hooked me as much as this did from the very first chapter. I started reading this last night after finding it recomended on another site and I couldn't stop. I love the relationship you portray between H/Hr and the way you redeem Draco is inspired. Usually I scoff at all the atempts in fanfic to turn him good as being completly unbelievable. I will admit that at first the idea of a power hungry Dumbledore and greedy Mrs Weasley and Ron was upsetting. But as I continued to read I was convinced by the way you worked that all into the existing potterverse. All in all, I just wanted to say fantastic job and I can't wait to see what happens next.

P.S.-Loved Harry's shirts, please say we'll be seeing more of them

hpnana posted a comment on Wednesday 9th November 2005 11:04am for The Darkest Hours

SWEET! I jost got from class and SURPRISE!!! I'll review after I finish the capter. My ISP was down for a couple of days. BYE....

Kate Miller posted a comment on Wednesday 9th November 2005 4:42am for The Darkest Hours

i absolutely love the way this fanfiction is coming out. its brillant. keep up the good work.

Snapesmistress005 posted a comment on Tuesday 8th November 2005 11:37pm for The Darkest Hours

Excellent chappie! I really liked how you brought the bell family in. show's the side of paranoya (is that spelled right?! probaly not) that is bound to be plaguing the british. Ok, now that i've finished my Krispy Kremes (which i will gladly share w/you any time you'd like) I must be off to work. can't wait to see another! Much Love!

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Tuesday 8th November 2005 11:21pm for The Darkest Hours

I would like to add another review its more of a pet peeve, Why do reviewers who have no militay knowledge, think that they do. I have been in Marine Aviation Ordnanceman for 21 years and I have not seen any mustakes on your part. And to the reviewer who wanted to know about if the F/A-18 can fly a Maverick or not. I see it everyday at work.

MPF

The Dreamer posted a comment on Tuesday 8th November 2005 7:38pm for The Darkest Hours

.... I have read a lot of fanfiction. And when i say that i await each update with bated breath that means something. At least to me. Brilliant job guys! Riviting read. Excellent plot development. Continues to captivate and enthrall.

Cheers