Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Rowenasheir posted a comment on Wednesday 16th October 2019 12:39am for The Oncoming Storm

Peeves: Peeve 1:

Why write fanfiction if all you do is summarise the books. As AlyxBob said, I have a copy of the books and movies, I can read or watch them anytime I want . Fanfiction is meant to be AU, different, make you think out of the box. So why regurgitate the books.

Second peeve:

Why do readers complain when the story is AU? If you want what is in the books, then read the books! Fanfiction is meant to be different. And leve us to enjoy what the muses and escaped bunnies produce.

ivorynightfall posted a comment on Friday 24th September 2010 8:02pm for The Oncoming Storm

Dumbledore makes a good point. Why isn't Arthur - or more importantly, Ron and Molly - being tried for their crimes? It is not just; and it leads to poor consequences such as this one.

cello posted a comment on Tuesday 7th September 2010 3:16am for The Oncoming Storm

Great chapter! The girls seem more their ages.
You have so much activity on so many fronts in all your chapters, yet it's not confusing. That would have been rough writing, timing wise. Outlines, huh?

Paul Blay posted a comment on Thursday 18th February 2010 10:42am for The Oncoming Storm

"Do not cross our path again. If thou dost, thy life will be forfeit."

That's all very well, but I'd estimate at least a 70% chance that Lucius will end up killing someone else before the story is over.

Bexis posted a comment on Sunday 11th October 2009 9:15pm for The Oncoming Storm

Please, no soul bonds.

Lostinfantry posted a comment on Monday 20th July 2009 8:32am for The Oncoming Storm

Love the Story.Where can I find the Fanfic entitled Air Hockey? that is a story right?

dadscooking posted a comment on Wednesday 17th September 2008 1:12am for The Oncoming Storm

I am reading this again and I have to say, you are truly one of the best writing teams I have ever read in both fan fiction and professional authors.

I am very grateful for the gift you have given us by sharing your effluvient imagination.

kasin posted a comment on Monday 5th November 2007 4:33am for The Oncoming Storm

on your pet peeves point id like to add the people that recap their own stories not the end off the last chapter but rehassing something that happened three or four chapters ago and then there was no point in it good story by way

Curlism posted a comment on Saturday 7th July 2007 8:05am for The Oncoming Storm

That bit about Old Crow...
It was VERY funny and did make me laugh for a few mins. However, it did kind of ruin the story a bit. I'll admit to missing that joke the last few times I've read this, and what is even more annoying is that I read Old Crows stories before I read any of your stories and have only now gotten the joke behind it.

Other than that, this is my 3/4+ read through of this story which I am now firmly fixated on (again) and have repetitively recommended as one of the best H/Hr I’ve read next to 'Always and Forever'.

Anyways, Good Job and thanks for writing.

~Curlism

Joyfullscroll posted a comment on Sunday 17th June 2007 6:25am for The Oncoming Storm

Well to answer your 'pet peeve' of this chapter...for someone who has NOT read any of the books as of yet (yes I'm a nut for not reading any) but Fanfictions DO help keep up where the storyline has come up with. So for myself it does help.

As for the storyline, it's comming along very nicely. You continuously mention this is a AU and I for one understand that.

GryffindorDragon posted a comment on Saturday 2nd June 2007 11:15pm for The Oncoming Storm

'care of Hogwarts' -- first time I've seen an owl addressed with other than a person's name?
Nice to see Dumbly get some -- even if only a little bit -- of what he deserves.

arwen posted a comment on Thursday 31st May 2007 4:15am for The Oncoming Storm

This was a really awesome chapter! Your writing keeps getting better and better :) I read your stories on fanfiction.net, and those ones are really good too.

I only have one question. Maybe I'm not reading carefully enough...but why would O'Dalley even consider the possibility that Remus was Lord Potter-Black? He knew that Harry is sixteen the the story, and I doubt that Remus could be mistaken for a sixteen-year-old.

ella1983 posted a comment on Wednesday 16th May 2007 7:28am for The Oncoming Storm

your disclaimer for this chapter cracked me up, it was hillarious, how on earth do you get away with calling them standard disclaimers? they're anything but standard. i would comment on the chapter but i haven't actualy read it yet, i just had to review your disclaimer :-)

bratling posted a comment on Wednesday 28th February 2007 3:08pm for The Oncoming Storm

Hm. I agree with you, Bobmin... mostly. (And yeah, I'm responding to your, as usual, highly amusing authors' notes.) If you're writing a post-OOtP story you don't need to recap. But if, like me, you've taken off in the middle of book five, turned it on its head, but still had to include the prophecy, then yeah, maybe you need a bit of a recap in places.

I, too, am firmly in denial of HBP. There were a few little bits that I liked, but otherwise, well, let's say that I read it the weekend it came out and haven't had the desire to revisit it like I have with the others.

Selma Flamel posted a comment on Sunday 18th February 2007 5:02am for The Oncoming Storm

What is a seneschal?

Arthur's fervent declaration was extremely well written.
Luna's protection for her diary was wonderfully thought out.

Dragen posted a comment on Friday 19th January 2007 10:17pm for The Oncoming Storm

What another great chapter, I do love your Standard Disclaimer; I find them funnier with each chapter.

The fucking lying ass Dumbledore, saying that Arthur is going mad.

So Harry wants to barricade the United Kingdom, in turn keeping Voldemort and his forces inside, I do hope that it works.

So the Daily Prophet is destroyed, about time too, they never did paint the truth.

So the spells that Luna put on her diary, nicely done.

Lyn Piton posted a comment on Sunday 3rd September 2006 1:52pm for The Oncoming Storm

Oh, poor Luna! The wording of the warning in her journal is priceless, though, and the discussion about organ rejection was hysterical, especially Harry's unknowing contribution.

And I totally agree about the recaps! If I read another fic that insists on regurgitating verbatim any of the Sorting Hat's songs, I may blind myself with my keybord.

Rebel Goddess posted a comment on Monday 14th August 2006 6:39am for The Oncoming Storm

Poor, poor, poor Luna but at least this may bring things to a head at last. Totally agree regarding recaps. Wonderful story. This is so much fun & I rather like the increasing darkness.

Cky Raes posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 3:59pm for The Oncoming Storm

Do you accept payment in Twinkies? XD

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Saturday 29th April 2006 10:00am for The Oncoming Storm

Bummer, time to put a serious hurtin' on DD and the other bad guys.

gunny