Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Orion Scorpio posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 11:12am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Great fanfic! I've been reading your fics ever since Dumbledore's Army and I see your writing has improved a lot. While there were the occasional section and paragraph in DA (and to a lesser extent in Spiritus Crystalus) that I felt I could have written better myself, this is most certainly not the case in Sunset Over Britain. Wonderful job!

A few things, though:

1. I'm somewhat disappointed with how you depict Voldemort. He doesn’t do anything but sit there and behave like a lunatic, occasionally stroking his pet snake (Ugh. Bad image. Bad, baaaad image!) This is odd, since he’s supposed to be a genius — "The most brilliant student Hogwarts has ever had." Of course, this fic is AU so *your* Voldemort may be more like Hitler; a certified nut job and control freak, with little real ability.

2. How on Earth could Richfield honestly think Voldemort was a myth? Denying that he had returned is one thing, but denying that he existed in the first place? I have difficulty in believing anyone could be so completely idiotic. On the other hand, there are people today who honestly think the Earth is flat, so…

A couple questions:

1. The sanctuary Harry has built has room for a thousand families. How much of the wizarding population in Britain would that make?

2. How in the HELL did the Weasleys steal the HMS Victory??

vl100butch posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 9:12am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Hey guys,

I guess this story is going to stop at "The end of the beginning" after Harry finishes playing Lord Gort (because he is planning taking back his homeland from the bad guys is a better fit to my mind)

Loved taking Victory---I don't know if HMS Warrior was restored at that point or not...

AND fixing the Rosetta Stone---ROFLAMO!!!!

Next chapter soon, pretty please.....

SCWLC posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 8:17am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Is it wrong that I find your authors' notes to be almost more entertaining than your actual story? I want the overly large magically resistant dwarves. Can you include the dwarves?

But seriously now. I've been particularly enjoying the detail you include in the story. I'm the first to admit to being impatient for various writers to 'get on with it', but I'm enjoying all this lead-up to the climax(es). And, although I will forever be unable to fully go along with the notion of a H/Hr 'ship, I am enjoying the way you've managed to pull it off without making it into some sort of list of logical reasons that they 'ought' to be together.

Finally, I will be hypocritical and thank you for updating regularly.

SCWLC

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 7:15am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

A most enjoyable read and I had to snicker, nay guffaw, at the thought of the Weasleys stealing HMS Victory. *smile* It's probably a good thing the previous HMS Vanguard wasn't preserved there (last operational RN battleship), stealing that would be a bit daunting even for Team Weasley. ;D

I heartily agree with your pet peeves. The occassional error will slip through the most dedicated and competent group of Betas (as I well know, both as a writer and Beta), but some stories out there make me shudder when I read them and the considerable number of errors ruins my enjoyment of the story.

Paulo posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 6:40am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Hi, Bob and Alyx.

I keep forgetting to do the review thing, because I honestly suck at it, and I kinda hate having nothing else constructive to say than 'great work'.

But... sometimes praise should be given. This is turning out to be one of the greatest stories I've ever read, so EXCELLENT WORK!

Aside from that, one question. Sunset will end when Harry and Co. leave Britain and the sequel will pick up from there?

Paulo/BigHead.

Greg Johnson posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 6:38am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Good Chapter! I can't wait to see what happens when Team Weasley tell Hermione that they've fixed all the broken items. That will be awesome!! :-) Keep up the good work and update again soon.

patrik svensson posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 6:30am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

grejt story,
keep upp the good work.

Opinions are like assholes.
Everyone has one - but some just smell worse than others.

Mike posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 5:29am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

You crazy writers! You stole the damn HMS VICTORY!!! I'm impressed. Oh, and I was wondering, as I am writing a harry potter fiction myself, where there is huge wizarding war going on, between Voldie and his forces, I was wondering if I could use some of your aspects of your story, mainly controlling muggle army units to help overthrow britian.

Mary posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 5:09am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

I'd like to be a fly on the wall when Hermoine finds out the Weasleys have "fixed" all those priceless historical objects. :o)

This just gets better and better.

Charles posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 4:16am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Ok, wow :)
I love the Weasley "Heritage" bandits... Its just such a "Gred and Forge" kind of activity... Though from his time working in the Egyptian pyramids for Gringotts, I would assume that he would know what the Rosetta Stone was.

Keep up the good writing, though can you write a bit of action soon?

-Charles

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 1:42am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Nicely done, I rather like the bit with the underground railroad, the thought hadn't occured to me yet, but it is very appropriate. While I understand Harry being upset with Tonks, I kind of thought he was a bit out of line there, I was seeing shades of Dumbledore's treatment of Sirius and Harry, though in fairness, if Tonks had went to Harry, like Harry and Sirius had tried to go to Dumbledore, she would have gotten better results than Harry did. The bit with Narcissa addressing the refugees was brilliant, it should be interesting to see if Harry's rep does cause a problem in the future. I wonder how Voldemort will react when he realizes that he is overlord of Britian, and essentially trapped there? Outstanding chapter, thank you.

Zaxxon posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 12:42am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Need to close the italtics, instead of letting it run the entire story.

Otherwise, very good... looking forward to more.

Oldwolf posted a comment on Monday 17th October 2005 12:17am for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

All in all an excellent chapter. I have only one complaint and that's primarily visual. The italic's were not turned off after the first news article.

Beyond that, everything looked good, though I'm curious as to Flint's fate, though I may have missed it in the chapter

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Sunday 16th October 2005 10:39pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Another great chapter, I like the underground railroad idea that they are using. I cant wait for the next update, I think its going to be an inportant chapter.

Semper Fi
MarinePotterFan

FenrisWolf posted a comment on Sunday 16th October 2005 10:04pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

I can't wait to see Hermione's reaction to the Weasleys' 'repairing' cultural artifacts, though I am a bit puzzled by it. While I wouldn't expect the twins or Arthur to understand the intrinsic value of such objects in their original, unimproved forms, Bill worked as a cursebreaker for Grongotts. As such I'd think he'd know about the value of antiquities for their own sake.

Other than that minor quibble, a great chapter. Lots of action and building tension, sort of like the way the water sucks away from the shore just before the tsunami hits. Good work!

Alexander posted a comment on Sunday 16th October 2005 7:52pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

I think you forgot to close an italics tag...

Lady FoxFire posted a comment on Sunday 16th October 2005 6:10pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

How pissed is Hermioen going to be when she see how the Weasley has "fix" the item they were sent to steal?

I'm curiosu to see who will kill Ron. Harry or a member of his group? Voldemort or one of his Death Eaters? Or a member of thestudnet body, who Ron had picked on?

The girls who are being used as whore, are they Muggle or witches or a combination of the too?

Adam posted a comment on Sunday 16th October 2005 6:00pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

I loved this chapter. The Weasleys were having a great time werent they, andf the fact they were repairing the items as they went will really cause some amusement when Hermione finds out. I think what really made me laught though was when they walked off the the Victory lol.

Things are getting really serious now though I would guess the exodus will start next chapter though if this one ends in March. This means though that things are about to get very unpleassant.

Its times like this that I really dislike finding a great story before it has been finished, as I really hate having to wait for the next chapter lol. Oh well good things come to those who wait I guess. Fortunately you never keep us hanging on for long for the next chapter.

Riven posted a comment on Sunday 16th October 2005 5:04pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

absolutley wonderful chapter. i loved the reference to the underground railroad and i laughed my ass off as the weasleys repaired and stole all that historical stuff without haveing any clue as to what it was. i mean seriously, without the rosetta stone we wouldnt be able to read egyptian heiroglyphs and then makeing them steal a ship!?!? absolutley wonderful.
i wonder how they stole it? did they turn the ship itself into a portkey or perhaps just use a shrinking charm? or maby an invisibility charm and a team with brroms to lift it away? or a really powerful levitation charm. oh the different ways.
i did have a question though, the goblins interdicted harry's properties, im assumeing this is some form of shielding them and placeing them under goblin jurisdiction. so why doesnt hermione ask the goblins to interdict Big ben? or the tower of london?
or hell, have the twins shrink Big ben down and use it as a mantal clock for awhile :D
deffinetly an O+ chapter, now i simply cannot wait for chap 22. so in the meantime im going to go finish reading SC again. im currently on chap 11

John

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Sunday 16th October 2005 4:52pm for Thievery, Surprises and Noodles

Stealing a whole *ship*? For those of you unaware, HMS Victory (the sailing ship) was THE ship used as flagship in the defeat of the Spanish Armada, and finished her active-service career as a training vessel before going to the Naval Museum. (Reducing Charms are wonderful things, aren't they?) No, Team Weasley is not in trouble; in their emergency briefing to the PM a couple of chapters back, Harry himself warned him that they would be taking action to protect certain major British valuables from falling into Tom's hands. The PM agreed, covering everything under the Official Secrets Act. The PM knows what's going on; however, much of the Muggle government does not. (To an extent, even the Royals are still in the dark.) Shack turned? Bloody awful to find out that. Millicent actually *does* have an interest in Ron (at least sexually, if not romantically). Millicent *Prewitt* (remember, both Ron and Molly got ejected from the Weasley Family).....*HMMMMMM*.