Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Bryan Sherrell posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 2:36pm for Wizards Fall

If the story ends here, then it is the best end of the world story ever. If not then hopefully the next chapter is as great as the first. the way you have done it to is great. Never seen it pulled of like that.

nurray posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 2:02pm for Wizards Fall

I find this a sad story. Is Harry really sane, my impression is that he is doing actions that goes against his core beliefs and it is unhinging him slightly.

It carries the promise of hope within its sad tale.

The one point I would complain about is that a society that is collapsing like the wizarding world is wouldnot collapse cleanly. Once despair took hold a lot of people would leave their jobs particularly the high risk ones like aurors. Petty, brutal attacks on muggles would increase markedly, the wizarding world wouldnot care and only protect itself, if it is able to do even that.

Lynching and stupid cults dedicated to "fixing" the problem would abound (snake oil salesmen). There would be cults dedicated to Harry as his actions would be seen as retribution or a cleansing.

The statute for secrecy would fail towards the end.

They would not go quietly into that long night.
Their children would suffer the most.

An excellently written story.

It reminds me of Poul Anderson's "Brainwave", an SF story where humanity's IQ shoots up to 400 and the societial changes that accompany it. (Just to be clear I am not implying that your story was based on or took anything from Poul's).

Stroth posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 1:39pm for Wizards Fall

Hi, loved the story. The only thing I didn't like was a small typo on the third line; "The cell block was warded and he could feel Aurors dying as they crossed they crossed his ward". Other than that it was wonderful. Thanks for putting it out here for us.

Zvoni posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 1:39pm for Wizards Fall

Very good story.

Though, i don't think this is material for a complete novel-length story, but on the other hand i don't have anything against to be proven wrong. Would be interesting to see your view of the world in the year 3000-something.

Anyway: there was this line with the cup and Harry needing a "Hand":
"I know! And what's worse, until Hermione explained it more, I thought that was the way muggles always did it! I was actually beginning to feel sorry for them!"

Kind of reminded me of "Brave New World".
Any connections to this?

loadmeup posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 1:23pm for Wizards Fall

I am curios to ask about the life extending properties. They affect the people on the Cay or the people in normal time?

Donald McLeod posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 1:14pm for Wizards Fall

Another good short. But do you trust muggles to grow up to be like Harrys ideal world?

diablos_el_swave posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 12:09pm for Wizards Fall

1 Vote Not Finished here, but I'm up for any of your stories really lol

C. Harris posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 11:43am for Wizards Fall

Wow! I do hope you continue this venture as U enjoyed it alot. It seemed to be very different from Sunrise/set and I've never seen anything like it. Great job! I feel bad for Charlie though, I always liked him.

Donald Deutsch posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 10:40am for Wizards Fall

Please continue with this story, it is quite remarkable and a great read. It's also sad that in a different world, where JK had a darker vision for her books that it could happen.

rblack posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 10:18am for Wizards Fall

Damn I LOVE it, very nice nice indeed...Better be more though, I want to see how the world looks when they return.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 10:12am for Wizards Fall

Very nice!

Healing Harry, Potter's Revenge, and now this one have all been great small pieces. Epics are all well and good, but it's also nice to be able to read a complete story in a sitting.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Traci Bush posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 8:21am for Wizards Fall

Absolutely fantastic - I want more in this universe!

Anaknisatanas posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 8:04am for Wizards Fall

The very end with Luna was great. I can see how you can continue on in this verse but I also like it as a one-shot. Harry telling how he began his destruction of the Wizarding world to Severus was a great way to start out the story. I'm looking forward to what the two of you post next.

Taegeous posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 7:57am for Wizards Fall

Excellent story...looking forward to a sequel, but consider this.

It took 129 years between Franklin experimenting with lightning to the creation of the light bulb. It's been 128 years since then, and look how far the world has come. The evolution of technology is on a logarithmic scale.

By the time Harry and crew return to the world in a 1000 years, Muggle technology would have advanced so far as to become indistinguishable from magic (credit to Arthur C Clark.) Wizards and Muggles will be on an even footing. In fact, Muggles might have the upper hand. The Wizards might face some challenges when they come back.

XanDutch posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 7:36am for Wizards Fall

Great tale, but one minor oops: "Luna is a strange girl and I love her death". *g*

Scarecrow posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 7:11am for Wizards Fall

Absolutely outstanding. Easily ranks with Sunrise and Sunset, and ripe for expansion.

Clever idea about the nanites.

Is Harry a little mad? the way you write his conversation with Snape and the Aurors, seems to imply he's a few balls short of a quidditch set.

GinnyLover posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 7:08am for Wizards Fall

I love this story. Good One-shot(or is it?) :)

So much more can be done. I'm presonally interested in seeing what happens when they come back.

MonkeyAxman1302 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 6:57am for Wizards Fall

Great fic! a few typos near the beginning but a great premise. Harry's a hard bastard and man you don't want to cross!
I look forward to move in this universe. Nanites are cool!
Only thing would be, do you mean 1000 ordinary years and that it would be 100 years on the island?
Thanks for writing.
Monkey

Simon posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 6:48am for Wizards Fall

What a truly fantastic story, I absolutely loved it.

ace posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd July 2007 6:42am for Wizards Fall

I'm speachless. Harry has his revenge, makes the world pay and creates his own Avalon. What makes his revenge poetic is he used muggle tech to exact it, something that the wizarding world hated just because of one man. So by punishing many because of the actions of the few. So when magic comes back to man the ones on the island can teach it the way magic was and might be truly used.