Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Rahxe posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd November 2005 4:18am

this is great

noylj posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd November 2005 9:32am

Has Kinsfire reponded to this?
If you want to read an unintentional "parody", try Harry Potter and Broken Wands by Vertex on fanfiction.net. It is almost as good as yours, except it tries to have a plot...

noylj posted a comment on Monday 21st November 2005 2:21pm

GOOD FOR A SNACK, BUT WHERE IS SUNRISE?

Steven Augart posted a comment on Monday 21st November 2005 6:43am

Dear Bob and Alyx,

I've been enjoying this parody.

I'm not sure whether you're deliberately slipping on some grammatical points as part of your parody. In case you're not:

"came back from it's walk-about" => "came back from its walk-about".

"it referenced something" => "it referred to something"

"he did what all intelligent Dark Lord’s do." ==> "he did what all intelligent Dark Lords do."

Steven Augart posted a comment on Sunday 20th November 2005 11:02am

What a fine tale. Good for you, Alyx.

Steven Augart posted a comment on Sunday 20th November 2005 10:56am

Sounds as if you're off to a great start. I look forward to reading the story itself. I enjoyed the introduction. I like that you mentioned that you highly recommend the individual authors whom you're parodying.

scottpesj1 posted a comment on Saturday 19th November 2005 6:13pm

Great! Can't wait for Sunrise! You forgot one more chapter though..... Harry wins with being a sex-god. Still liked al of the funnies you made here though. Keep up the good work!

Manatheron posted a comment on Saturday 19th November 2005 2:50pm

hmmm.hmmm. hmmmmmmm

Oh hello, I was just Musing about this odd parody of a parody when I hit a review section. for the sake of all cognnecient Authors and reviews everyway I'm afraid that It falls to me to aquiesc to the request of the many, whom I may or may not have polled before Expressing my opinion in the least coherent manner possible. after all, everyone knows that the reviewers have all the revelant information all the time, and Obviously if I make an attempt to use REALLY huge words I can't be your run-of-the-mill reviewer, Even if they are mis-spelled and out of context.

---------------------------------------------

U R So Sux Ever1 noes that hary bite teh big1 LOL!!1!1

Y R U Killin Ron?!?!?! he's so tolly awsom an Volmart can kik hary's *ss NE day! I men Sh*t! Hary has know ****ing chance! N UR riting sux toe!

----------------------------------------------

PS. Sorry I couldn't help myself, feel free to use or make fun of any part of this review if you like. These are the two types of reviews that annoy me the most.

Keep up the good work, I needed a few laughs.
Sincerly,
Manatheron

Terry Swain posted a comment on Saturday 19th November 2005 1:50pm

these are great funny chapters. kudos to you both.

whimsical007 posted a comment on Saturday 19th November 2005 12:52pm

"Next to him stood Hermione and Ginny, both dressed in white bikinis, which, while looking really nice, were not adequate protection from the cold rain on the mountaintop. On the other hand, they both wore awesome utility belts with potions, wand holster, flash bang grenades and a built in condom dispenser."

It's the Dirty Pair!

(Anime reference, the Dirty Pair from the eponymous series were two heavily armed women who dressed on skimpy outfits and caused massive destruction. One was darkhaired and the other was a redhead)

Terry Swain posted a comment on Saturday 19th November 2005 10:53am

very funny. :)

Ignoramus posted a comment on Saturday 19th November 2005 1:30am

I must protest. Your first chapter gives off the impression that a C cup is better than an A cup. In a world that is decadent and self-destructive, such views are common and encouraging them can only ultimately have bad results, towards individual women and to society as a whole. And given that plastic surgery is potentially detrimental to one's health, international statistics show that too many insecure women, products of this late generation, do it.
Despite this being fanfiction and thus 'fiction', do not underestimate the power of the pen. You are authors and have quite a respectable following; deal with it appropriately.

Patches posted a comment on Friday 18th November 2005 5:20pm

Weird, and I thought Bob's preludes to chapters for Sunset over Britain were weird. He has deffinitely topped himself! Of course behind every weird man is a stronger weirder woman! My hat is off to you Bob & Alyx! I believe I have seen or heard about all of the "situations" you mentioned in this peice!
Now can we get back to Sunrise over Britain? I want to hear the rest of the story!
(Of course that would mean Hope, TMW, Scion of Gryffindor, etc.) I really appreciate all your talents and story lines. Thank you for the entertainement.

Wolff posted a comment on Friday 18th November 2005 12:00pm

You missed the one that has been driving me nuts lately: dieing. No, you fools! it's "dying". "Dieing" means "to cut or stamp as with a die". Ugh. The sad thing is, most of the people who make these mistakes claim English as their native language. But, I gotta say, when they write in Gibberish, we're only capable of reading in Bewilderment.

-W

brad posted a comment on Friday 18th November 2005 7:52am

I think I was in a good/whimsical mood when I read your story just now, giggled all the way through it. Thanks for the laughter.

I don't think you hit the authors spot-on though. Forgive me - I'm just an impudent mortal reader - but it seems to me that Old-Crow's stories always have:

a) lots of FOOD in them. Paragraphs upon paragraphs of what they ate, what Harry cooked, what courses they sat down to consume wherever they go.

b) dialogue where one or other other parties always says something like "have a nice day" or "enjoy your day". Always. A minister calls, Harry talks to a subordinate, at the end of the exchange "Enjoy your day". Just a little peeve of mine, what I've noticed.

And surely no Kinsire story is complete without roughly a million pages (exaggerating) of melodramatic self-deprecating monologue from our hero? Usually about half a story's worth?

I've only read Sunset of yours, not your earlier two stories, so I can only suggest on just the basis of your last effort that a Bob & Alyx tale isn't complete without a drastically OOC Draco or an interpretation of the prophecy that doesn't make sense (waiting until they're equals?!?!?!?!).

Thanks for the parody, all good stuff.

Full_Pensieve posted a comment on Friday 18th November 2005 7:12am

ROTFL! You get right to the heart of satire with no wasted effort, that's for sure! Nice Wallace and Gromit reference, as well.

Thomas Light posted a comment on Friday 18th November 2005 4:35am

This is so damn funny. I mean damn it this is out of the ordinary.

tjdauditor posted a comment on Friday 18th November 2005 4:09am

This is the greatest fan fiction ever written!! It incredible.

One suggestion: Ginny/Hermion/Jello Wrestling

Sonicdale posted a comment on Friday 18th November 2005 2:05am

I know I bugged you to do Tim on your yahoo group, but now I'm reduced to begging. And since you got Kinsfire, how about Dorothy? :)
This chapter was great. I loved Yoda losing his cool and commenting on Hermione. You know, this whole fic has had her boobs commented on in every chapter... I sense a thread here. :)

Good work!

ThunderGod posted a comment on Friday 18th November 2005 12:09am

ooops?..there is no ooops....

Another interesting chapter..though I did expect a 3some at the end..oh well:{ Maybe next time if Alyx allows it..

hey thats what I missed...:}..the authors ineraction and notes throught the chapter:}

I hope it continues...

Maybe make fun of plagirizers(sp) I know..its late and I'm not sleeping well..anyway..hmm..writers with writers blocks?....

ThunderGod