Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Tildessmoo posted a comment on Monday 2nd January 2006 10:13am for Painful Recovering

"If I go crazy then will you still
Call me Superman
If I’m alive and well, will you be
There holding my hand
I’ll keep you by my side
With my superhuman might"
Sorry, couldn't help the reference.
Hee, I love naming chapters. Right now I'm writing a sci-fi that takes place millennia in the future, but the chapter titles are all classic song and poem titles. The incongruity is fun.
Also thinking that the online sobriety test is quite appropriate, seeing as New Years is just past. Luckily all I had to drink was a rather small mimosa and a smaller poinsetta, so I passed with flying colors (speaking of which, how's about "Flying Colors" as a theme song for the canon R/H relationship?)
Finally, aside from complimenting you on the chapter, I once again find a shirt I must own. Really, I think you could sell designs to AOL/Time Warner Books for merchandising.

reimanr06 posted a comment on Wednesday 14th December 2005 7:44am for Painful Recovering

This is a great story, but I think your method of destroying Bristol is at the most impossible and at the least highly overstated. In order for gasoline to explode with force, as opposed to merely igniting, it needs to be vaporized and put under pressure. Car engines get their power because fuel injectors vaporize the gas and mix it with air, and the piston compresses the gas. When the spark plug sparks, the resulting reaction causes a release of energy in the form heat, causing the rapid expansion of the gases. This rapid expansion inside of the enclosed piston causes the force to be concentrated. A bullet works in a similar way.
In your story, the death eater ignites a large amount of liquid gasoline. While the outermost layers of the gas would vaporize due to the low vapor pressure of gasoline, the interior would remain liquid. Though in such a situation, a large fireball would occur, but the explosive force would be dissipated over the whole area. Furthermore, the reaction would be limited because all of the oxygen in the near vicinty would be consumed.
As for the natural gas, I am not as sure, as the gas would already have been in vapor form. However, as natural gases burn at low temperatures, it seems unlikely that the entire city would explode. A more plausible effect could be that the natural gas fire caught other flammable materials on fire in a nearby warehouse, and the fire soon spread to the rest of the city.

Frank LeTanc posted a comment on Saturday 10th December 2005 11:49pm for Painful Recovering

i do love this story, and I'm reading it again for my own personal enjoyment.....plus I get that added thrill of you using my humble summary as the official summary, that's so dope! anyhow, I dont know how you've done it, but you have made fudge almost likeable in this story. I mean yeah he's a bastard, and everyone knows it but he's been absolutley hysterical so far especially when he interacts with bumbledork and weatherbee of course.

harry85 posted a comment on Tuesday 29th November 2005 9:07pm for Painful Recovering

Wonderful story, really! I love every chapter, even if they are quite long...but hey, somehow I manage to get through them.

By the way, I've written a story similar to yours, not knowing about this one at the time. It's posted on portkey.org, my author name is Harry85, if you would like to have a look at it it is called "The Heirs of Darkness" and you would make me happy reviewing it! Thanx!!

Christina C. Keimig posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd November 2005 1:36pm for Painful Recovering

I love some of your details, guys. You have me cracking up almost enough to wake my little boy, who'd really be hacked off at this hour.

As much as you say you hate Draco, he's so likeable in this fic that it brought tears to my eyes when he threw himself at his recovering mommy. Maybe because I'm a mom myself? Or maybe just because you guys are fantastic writers...

FairyQilan1 posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd November 2005 9:33am for Painful Recovering

He could have used magic to isolate the poison, then bleed it out. rehabilitation would come later. Also, " diabolical music"?! WTF is that?

MattD posted a comment on Tuesday 15th November 2005 2:48am for Painful Recovering

I like how you write this story almost like a movie, with the scenes shifting (sometimes rapidly) and the succinct imagery, which almost feels like a camera following the actors. I love this story!

Natasja posted a comment on Friday 21st October 2005 1:12am for Painful Recovering

Hi.

I love how this story is going. Please keep up the exellent work.
Have you ever considered professional writing?

By the way, thank you for putting in the 'Pet Peeves' part. You have managed to put into words what I have been dying to say but never found a way of expressing.
I really am not in a position to comment about the one concerning chapter titles, though.
On all but one of my multi-chapter stories (I'm more into poetry and companion groups of one-shots) I've managed to label about half of the chapters then been absolutly unable to think of anything that would fit! Really, sometimes I think that inventing and writing chapter titles is harder than the story itself!


Peace be with you,
Nat

dogbertcarroll posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 7:23pm for Painful Recovering

You owe me a mouse.

Clayton Rickey posted a comment on Friday 23rd September 2005 4:54am for Painful Recovering

It has been pretty good so far, but you got one thing wrong that I can think of. In Painful Recovering , you said that the last time Harry visited his vault was the summer before his second year. Actually, the last time he visited his vault was the summer before his third year, after he ran away from the Dursleys.