Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Kathleen posted a comment on Thursday 6th October 2005 10:39am for Storm Surges at Dusk

whoo hoo, an update! I *love* authors who update regularly!! And I guess you do too--that was one of your peeves in another chapter.

Anyway, thanks for the update, the giants battle was cool. Great to see the other points of view when the students escaped. I wish the giants had put up a little more of a fight for Harry, though.

Kristina Akers posted a comment on Thursday 6th October 2005 7:40am for Storm Surges at Dusk

it took me while to find this again, and boy was i glad i did! im really upsey about madam pomfreys death, but ill get over it evemtually. good job and keep up the good work

Alex Wright posted a comment on Thursday 6th October 2005 7:21am for Storm Surges at Dusk

I've been following this story since the beginning. It's a b***h that FF.net deleted it but ah well. I think I have to say that your portrayal of a wizarding funeral was better than any I have read, including the one in HBP. Congrats.

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Thursday 6th October 2005 1:07am for Storm Surges at Dusk

Well, to quote another famous wizard of the light: "The board is now set. The game has begun." Everybody seems to have their pieces in place and the first pawns have been shifted forward from their ranks to probe the enemy's defences. The next chapter, I think, will include the Exodus from Hogwarts, possibly even the fall of Britain.

This is another great chapter. I agree with all the reviewers who have said that only Draco could have told Hermione not to worry as he is the only Outcast sufficiently tactless. :-D

I am puzzled at Ron's recent silence. Admittedly, with his master absent, he might be laying low in what he must now consider to be an enemy (read Potter-controlled) school. However, I find it difficult to imagine him not reacting to the Death Eaters taking over the Ministry of Magic.

It also seems that the Muggle authorities are moving too. Things are going to get very hot very quickly.

BTW - I don't think that the mention of the old C-class Polaris SSBNs is wrong. I don't remember exactly, but I'm fairly sure that the new V-class Trident subs weren't in service in 1996, when this story is set.

So. Harry and Hermione are going to use staffs from now on? Well, that should ensure that they are rapidly going to turn into living legends when the hot war breaks out between the light and the dark.

Nice work on Harry using indirect attacks on the giants. I wonder if that trick with the bit of wood could classify as an equivalent to the old AD&D 'Magic Missile' spell. Heck! I've just aged myself fairly accurately. :-p

Still a great read, still to be followed.

BenRG's Rating: 9/10

Makileus posted a comment on Thursday 6th October 2005 12:01am for Storm Surges at Dusk

Want to thank for the great birthday present. You posted chapter 20 on my b-day. I was sad that you killed off Madam Pomfry. It proves to me and I think others that you really have put much thought and preparation into your story. This is no children's story. Thanks for the good work, and keep it going!

Jamie posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 9:07pm for Storm Surges at Dusk

Wow. You did it again. ;) But I'm sure I'm not the first to say it. Whooo... Man that chapter was so.... I want to say "intense" because the last bit was, but it wasn't really. It moved along at a good clip, but it didn't rush... :-/ Am I making any sense? It went fast, but didn't rush; it talked about a lot of things, but didn't overload; it had some heavy material, but it balanced it out with a bit of "normal" teenager stuff... So, overall, I have to say that I think this is one of the best chapters that you've written. It balances all around. It's not making me go "squee" and hug myself, but that's a different kind of good. I was sorry to hear about Pomphrey, but I could totally see that happening; too often doctors (or healers) die while trying to do their sworn duty... Oh, and thank you for only having two giants; that at least is realistic. Some stories would put like 5 or 12 giants attacking Hogsmeade, and there's no way Harry could take on that many by himself, in my opinion. :-D hehehe, although I *am* enjoying the mental image of Giant Pancake a la Whomping Willow. *GRIN* hehehehe... I felt a bit bad that Harry didn't rescue those other people from Azkaban, but he's being realistic. He can't have all of those people at Grimmauld Place, or running around Padfoot (same as the Order)... Not to mention it took almost everything he had just to get Miles... But man, you've GOTTA feel for those poor guys wrongly imprisoned and then left to the elements (in addition to the standard Dementers)... :) Yay for Harry screwing with the Dementers' sucking-happy-thoughts ability! So yeah, overall, a really, really terrific chapter. :) Thanks a bunch.

madengineer posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 8:50pm for Storm Surges at Dusk

hEY nice chap....i was waiting in ff.net for an update! i was shocked to see that i was 4 chapters behind!!! anyways took me ages to read all, phew finally finished :D

good story so far...more padfoot manor details pls!

Soup posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 11:24am for Storm Surges at Dusk

Another great chapter. I can really tell that the school year is coming closer and closer to April. How far away are we now? I saw the marks for the first and second week of March, but did this chapter stop at the beginning of the third week of March? or is it just going to skip ahead to beginning of April?
Keep up the great work.

Riven posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 11:19am for Storm Surges at Dusk

Another awsome chapter, dont know what to say except that it was deffinetly an O. not much action though, it seemed a little bit like filler. well ok there was action but i didnt see much plot progression. we saw a few people become outlaws and DD is wanted now, thats about it. i really liked madame pomfrey and its a shame shes gone and dead but i liked the funeral. i have noticed one hole in your story so far.....why isnt the ministry comeing after Harry. and the "hes just a lowley student" excuse doesnt work for harry because voldie wants him dead, not some low life death eater who cant even tie his own shoes. im still waiting for the scene where the ministry tries to storm the castle with a contingent of "aurors" and take harry. that scene will be good.

John

Keldore posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 11:03am for Storm Surges at Dusk

It's really bizarre when I enjoy the author notes almost as much as I enjoy the story itself. Keep up the good work. And Harry should only have cat fur if it's involved in causing someone else to cough up a hairball. Oh, and did that falling giant happen to do anything to Albus or Severus? Like make the old man choke on a lemon drop or the git melt his hand in a cauldron?

Jim posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 10:36am for Storm Surges at Dusk

I *like* that way to disposing of giants. :-)

Nice chapter.

AcceleratedGlass posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 10:26am for Storm Surges at Dusk

great chapter, update soon!

Sean Melton posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 7:11am for Storm Surges at Dusk

Great chapter (as always), one small nitpick:

"Her four aging Polaris class ballistic submarines would be preparing to put to sea by noon the next day."

The last of the Resolution Class (Polaris) SSBN's (the Repulse) was decommissioned in Autumn of 1996, since the Brits were updating to American Ohio Class (Trident) boats. By 1996 they would have had three: The HMS Vanguard (1993), HMS Victorious (1995), and HMS Vigilant (1996). The Vigilant wouldn't have been mission-capable yet (she wouldn't have finished with her sea trials at that point). It's also assured that one of the boats would have already been deployed as a nuclear deterrent, esp. considering the ongoing "terrorist attacks."

Anyway, I love your story and can't wait for an update.

-Sean

Jack-A-Roe posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 6:56am for Storm Surges at Dusk

Loved the giant attack! The funny part is that is how I would have Harry fight them.

So Harry has his staff, I see some humor at his expense as he tries to control it.

If Harry can cast a ward around the school, couldn't he just cast one that doesn't allow anyone with a dark mark on to the grounds?

As always, love your writing style and the humor.

Greg posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 6:54am for Storm Surges at Dusk

Great Chapter! That is pretty sad to see Poppy killed. I've always liked her.
Now on to the Pet Peeves: "laser beams for eyes, retractable claws and cat fur"... What other kind of Harry is there? ;-)
Keep up the good work and update again soon.

Darrell posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 6:31am for Storm Surges at Dusk

I must say that was well done i am sad to see both Madams' Pompfry and Rosemerta go but you did so masterfully and what happened to Dumbledore and Snape they are at the Shrieking shack right? Then how the F**K could they not here a FREAKING GIANT!?!?! but good chapter all around please keep it up

viridian posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 5:51am for Storm Surges at Dusk

Oy! You killed Poppy!

I suppose casualties are inevitable, but it still choked me up. Nice to see Harry is still Harry, and blames himself for the sun coming up (or people dying in a war, which is about as inevitable). Again, he may be superpowered, but you've retained his personality and his "saving people thing".

Too bad the levitated giant didn't 'accidentally' land on the shrieking shack. After all, the 'odd couple' aren't supposed to be living there, right?

By the way, haven't hearb much from Ron or the DADA teacher lately (or am I missing something?)

Cliff Bryner posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 4:46am for Storm Surges at Dusk

Dear friends,

I have enjoyed the three stories you have written to my knowledge. I love them all. I'm an older man,56, obsessed with the wonderful Harry Potter genre. I just wanted to let you know that I check your website daily (listed with my favorites). Thanks for this latest installment.

Ciao, Cliff Bryner

Adam posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 4:06am for Storm Surges at Dusk

Well things are certainly looking interesting for Harry and his group. Lets just see how many of amelias people manage to escape after her warning. I did like Draco at the start getting Hermione to think though :) Ahh poor Poppy, but in the end she went doing what she has always done - trying to heal the people who need it. By the way was this chapter shorter than the previous ones? Or did I just read it faster.

MarinePotterFan posted a comment on Wednesday 5th October 2005 3:10am for Storm Surges at Dusk

Another, great chapter. I love what you are doing with this story. I see that this story is comming to a close soon. The crap is already starting to hit the fan. Do you have a title for the 7th year yet (Sunrise over Britain). I await your next installment

MarinePotterFan