Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Andrewsquill posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 11:09am

Wonderfully done! I always enjoy your stories and this one is definitely a keeper.

Nice touch with the normal people winning one against a bunch of idiotic witches and wizards.

Cheers!

AndrewsQuill

Jamey posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 8:20am

I don't think I would call this a dark fic. Somewhat dramatic, but not full of the angst and emotional drama-queening that marks a dark fic.

For that matter, it's not *that* long of a fic! I love it, though - fairly easy to read in one sitting, and covers the whole story quite well! Thanks for another excellent story!

(Gotta say, the little grey alien/gnomes from South Park are total jerks for distributing those control boxes!)

Aesop posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 7:23am

Hello Alyx and Bob,

I hardly ever review fanfiction since I read so much of it and it has given me pretty high standards (I normally won't even read a fanfic less than 10,000 words). When I do review I sometimes come off as an ass as I am too picky with errors and writing styles even when leaving positive reviews.

That said, I have to say that you have to be one of the top five authors of fanfiction that I have read, which numbers in the thousands over the years. You write well and do not limit the original characters' development, any new characters you do introduce integrate themselves in the plot seamlessly, and the flow of your writing style is fantastic.

I truly do enjoy your works and I hope that you continue to write for a long time to come... and if you ever begin writing original works please let me know so I can read those as well. I hope that when I finally finish my own Harry Potter fanfic that it will be as well written as yours.

Thank you very much

Aesop

hedwig_edwiges posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 7:18am

Thanks for another great story.

participium posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 5:44am

While I thoroughly enjoyed all your stories, this however is not to my taste. It is simply to unbelievable. Let's take Hermione for example. Her kidnapping other muggleborns because purebloods don't like them telling the muggle parents what happened? When did she ever bowed down to purebloods. And when has the girl who's always stood against injustice, more so than Harry himself, decided to start kidnapping.
This story is just to illogical for me.

Faith1 posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 5:11am

YAY!!!!
I loved this story! =]
Though I really, really wanted Ron's other hand to implode. =[

m4ttyh2008 posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 3:25am

Go Muggles! Love this story :)
First i've seen where the muggles just overthrow everything

Dustin Hoeppner posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 3:16am

I got a question. What happen to Ginny and the other Weasleys?

Panaka posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 2:51am

Well done. Cool story just like always.

Just one question?
What happens to the sentient species like the Goblins and the Centaurs?

Carol Layland posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 2:48am

I have now read this story 3 times and I still do not see it as being Dark Any parent who has had a child kidnapped will certainly act to recover that child. This is normal behavior so as I see it this story is a touching story of a family in crises and acting as any family in crises would. I just do not see Dark Magic here Carol Layland>Clayva

Nights_Silhouette posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 2:38am

An ok story, keep it up.

Dracolych69 posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 1:42am

Very nice. Definitely one of the better offerings of this type. Right up there with Wizard's Fall, which I guess you also wrote. Eh, just means that you work this type of story really well.

dg Fry posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 12:57am

Very interesting concept. I like where you're going with stories like this and Wizard's Fall and the examination of the concept and need behind the secrecy act.

Keep up the good work

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Monday 11th May 2009 12:00am

Nice. Very nice. This didn't seem dark at all. The good guys won, the wizards got a boot in the pants and Harry ended up happy.

Who could ask for more?

Thank you for the story.

Tom A.

fanficlover posted a comment on Sunday 10th May 2009 10:46pm

Response to Alyx

Alyx here. I'm not sure if this a troll attempt for a response, but meh, I'll respond anyway. You tend to dislike Super Harry, hm? Might I suggest not reading any more of our stories? We tend to like it and use it a lot. Save yourself the time and find something that might hold your interest a bit more. Funny, the Magus in this story won. Interesting how things turn out when you're not the one writing the story, isn't it? See, we wanted Harry to win, so he did. All things are possible, if you're the one writing the story. See where this is going? I thought you might. To sum up, please, do yourself a favor and find stories by someone else. Bob and I write to please ourselves, not you or anyone else.

Fine, you are entitled to your opinion.

I think I'm the only person who did not like the story, along with James Kennedy.

I used to like Super Harry at one point of time- that was when I was new to HP fanfic. Then you read it so many times that it becomes a bit boring and monotonous.

I belong to the DLP tribe, if you must know- so I prefer realistic stories.

Nothing against your writing- you write very well, but I felt you could have chosen a better plot.

Key wizarding places tend to be protected by Fidelius- for example Grimmauld.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Bobmin356 replied:

Actually, you're not the only one to dislike the story. Some prefer our other offerings, and that's fine. But when a rabid plot bunny takes hold, the only way to get rid of it is to simply write it!

As for DLP, I didn't need to know that. I'd already guessed. As for "realistic" stories, I could give you a long winded response that might lead to some interesting discussion, but this isn't really the place for it, as reviews are a bit limited. If you want to talk about it, head on over to the Yahoo group, or email me privately.

speedy_86 posted a comment on Sunday 10th May 2009 8:22pm

Loved the story, great theme and very easy zo read, as all your stories were so far.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Sunday 10th May 2009 8:03pm

As you warned, quite harsh and dark, yet in your tradition, and excellent and eminently believable tale. The arrogance of canon and fanon wizarding culture seems to be almost without limit, and that Dumbles would go to the measure of kidnapping first born wizard children to beef up the bloodlines is no stretch at all.

thanks for sharing.

Glrasshopper posted a comment on Sunday 10th May 2009 6:15pm

Great job. I'm not too sure about Hermione's choices in life, but I would put that down to some form of coercion.

I also like how you made sure that there was another form of magic out there. Too many authors don't take into account that Magic would have cropped up all over the world, in many forms, throughout history. The Latin-based wand-waving would have only come from one area.

blind-phoenix posted a comment on Sunday 10th May 2009 6:02pm

This, has got to be the absolute best I'v eseen from you in a good while.
I wish I only had half the imagination you guys do.
excellent work.
hugs to the both of you.

fanficlover posted a comment on Sunday 10th May 2009 5:56pm

This is probably worth a one time read, but nothing more.

I tend to dislike "Super Harry", which is probably why this fic did not really appeal to me.

If you throw an untrained "magus" into the ring against a wizard who is powerful, but not of magus standard and 100 of his followers,
10 out of 10 times ,the magus will lose.

Aura or no aura, it takes only one shot to destroy somebody, and nobody, not even a magus, ought to be able to destroy 100 people in one shot.

Evil Phoenix spell placed cliche present too.

No grammar or spelling mistakes, and still decently written though.

2/5 for the grammar and the writing. The plot did not just appeal to me.


Bobmin356 replied:

Alyx here. I'm not sure if this a troll attempt for a response, but meh, I'll respond anyway.

You tend to dislike Super Harry, hm? Might I suggest not reading any more of our stories? We tend to like it and use it a lot. Save yourself the time and find something that might hold your interest a bit more.

Funny, the Magus in this story won. Interesting how things turn out when you're not the one writing the story, isn't it? See, we wanted Harry to win, so he did.   All things are possible, if you're the one writing the story. See where this is going? I thought you might.

To sum up, please, do yourself a favor and find stories by someone else. Bob and I write to please ourselves, not you or anyone else.