Content Harry Potter

Reviews

James Kennedy posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 11:22am

Pretty good. It seems a little forced to me and doesn't flow as well as well as your earlier works. I also wish you wouldn't go with Dumbledork references. They're stale & make the story seem too juvenile.

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 11:20am

Still here??? Of course I am still here. You two are a remarkable team of imaginative writers and as one of your loyal readers, I am giddy that you have posted something new!

If there was a special award for brilliance in fan fiction, you two would most definately win it! Some people may think that writing fanfiction requires no special skills, but I most assuredly disagree. To take characters, many of them beloved, and pose them and play with them as we all did with our dolls... er, excuse me, Bob, I meant "Action Figures", when we were younger and create amazing adventures that can mix humor and angst in an intelligent way is simply awe inspiring.

I fell in love with your work when you were doing spiritus... and have followed behind you like a yipping puppy ever since. Thank you for taking the time and making the effort to craft such enjoyable and entertaining forays into the worlds crafted by others and improved on by you.

As a disabled person who spends what should be an illegal amount of time reading fanfiction, you both have my sincerest thanks and heartfelt admiration for the gifts that you so willingly share with us all.

Sincerley,
A Fan.

taxzombie posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 11:10am

Wow! I do mean WOW!

This be some heap strong stuff.

I'd say Dumbledore has found out what the path of good intentions leads to but first he would have to have had good intentions. Considering what he allowed, even with the four kidnapping attempts.

I'm trying to figure out why Harry would want to go back. If he passes on Hogwarts he'll miss out on an old fart that's favorite pastime has been screwing with his life, his two best friends that lie like rugs, a werewolf that seems to have a slight problem with standing up to morons, especially ones that like lemon drops, and lets not forget a wonderful school where the favorite annual event is someone or someones trying to off him, or at least abuse him. Heck, who'd want to pass up on all that?

So I'm curious just how you're going to get him to go back, it can't be for love of wizarding society, bunch of sheeple. Can't be for friends, course there still are Fred & George. Looking forward to reading your plot twist.

Just a thought, seeing as Jean is of Potter decent, might she be able to access the family vaults? Don't know what would be in there that could be of value to the storyline but hey, who knows.

Thanks for posting this.

By the way I want to let you know that knowing this was up nagged at me all day at work, especially when I realized I didn't have my password at the office and I had to wait till I got home before I could read it. Finally relief at last.

Killedbykarma posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 11:10am

I like. Didn't expect you to put Jean as his aunt but if we didn't know otherwise it would make sense. And since it's (very) AU that's alright.

Donald McLeod posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 11:02am

I must amit that your story plot works or I like 'lamas R us'. All joking aside your story has life that makes me want to read more of it.
So Thank you for the start of another big hit.

DaZZa posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 10:54am

You guys rock, as usual. I've been looking forward to this one, and I'm not disappointed. Looking forward to new chapters as eagerly as I have anything since "Sunrise".

Glacialis1 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 10:53am

I'm hooked already! I promised myself I would never get myself hooked on an uncompleted fic...but I am hooked. I must say I almost didn't bother reading this after I read your warnings...I have rarely seen anyone do a good crossover fic, but I think you have laid the groundwork for a fantastic fic! If it wasn't becuse I have loved almost everything you have written I wouldn't have bothered reading this work in progress until it was finished and I saw some reviews. But you have made connection here that I never dreamed possible. Lily Evens and Jean Grey/Summers Twins separated at birth? Brilliant! Harry a power Magical Mutant...Another possible spin on "The power the dark lord knows not" Fantistic! I hope that you are so addicted to writing this that you can't stop, because after reading your other fics and can't wait to see how this develops. The writing is clear and responses of the other characters to these developments seems to be true to what I would imagine of them. Fred and George walking out on the order meeting. Sweet!!! Can't wait to see you get Ginny involved.

kb0 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 10:49am

So, Jean is Lily's "unknown twin sister". (I hear the voice of Darth Vader saying that for some reason. :-) I had wondered how you were going to make the connection. And magical mutants? That could be interesting. Well, I guess we'll have to stay tuned to see where you take this. Hmm, Logan will be a good person to train Harry, as Logan can take all the destructive magic and still survive. Oh, do we get to see a Logan -v- Lucius battle eventually? Or maybe Logan -v- Bella would be better. The verbal part could be quite amusing. :-)

igotbannedfroma2k posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 10:43am

Likewoah.
I LOVE IT!
=D
I can't wait to see the next chapter!
Yay! You've restored my faith in fanfiction.

~Banned

elizablaine posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 10:40am

Ooooo, I love it, Xmen and HP my two favorites, look forward to more of this story, so far I like it, though there were points where I got a bit confused and had to scroll back to earlier in the story to get the connection. All in all wonderfully done, and can't wait for the next chapt.

Liz :)

Frederick Herriot posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 10:37am

Very interesting idea. I hope to see more.

Arvin Betancourt posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 10:25am

Wow!!!
I'm addicted to this story!!!(and it is only the first chapter)

But please, let Harry have some revenge on his so-called friends in the future!!

kellygreenpassion posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 10:19am

I love it. I think you get better with each novel.

SeanWH posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:58am

My question is 'Who cares if it's Harry/Ginny? It's a Bob and Alyx story!' And that's all I need to know. Heck, I still have copies of Dumbledore's Army and Spiritus Crystalus hanging around that I re-read every once in awhile. HG doesn't bother me, unless it's JK's canon version of the ship--which makes no sense, but...

mathetes01 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:56am

This is a great start. I like the liberties you have taken with the canon of both fictions, this is one of the few readable XMen crossovers I have come across. Making Ron mutantphobic is a nice touch, but I must confess that I would like to see Ron and Harry reconcile I still like the redheaded goof. Thanks for the good work and I look forward to reading more.

James Barber posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:51am

Oh cool another story! And Hey Alyx what you forgot, well that's easy, you forgot to post a nude picture of yourself on the internet!!! hehehehehe just kidding, so you can put down the gun....

Hey you know at first I was going to say that Jean was his mum, then you came up with the ideal its his aunt, his mum's twin sister. I seen this done before, but at least you seem to be doing it better and of course you'll more than likely finish it, where as that other author didnt!

If I was Harry, I wouldnt go back to Hogwarts next year, if I went back at all it would only be after I spent at least a year getting over my problems, getting help from Charles, Jean and of course Logan and Scott. Training in physical as well as magical and mutant powers too is a big plus and a must! just spending a couple of weeks during the summer isnt going to be enough to get him past all this and start to heal him, he'll definitely need at least a year or more.

Lynn2 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:42am

Aswome start :)

I've read x-overs with X-men before but never this way and i have to admit it's so far the better of them all. I'm a huge X-man fan and a big Harry Potter fan...so you can guess how happy i am :)

I can't wait to see more, the relationship between Harry and Jean will be interesting and so would the Harry and Logan...I think those two would get along great...(Logan's canadian so i have to support him, we candians eh :)
Lynn

black_kitten34 posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:40am

Intersting. sounds very good. I like it!! looking forward to the next chapter. Very very good

DukeBrymin posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:35am

Ooh, new story!!! Yeah!!! And thanks for shipping Harry/Ginny, my favorite one!
I've got questions about the chapter (which, of course, you don't have to answer, as I'm sure it will all become clear).
1) Which other red-head was being trained? I'm assuming it is Ginny, but it never spells it out.
2) Did Ginny write Harry too? Harry vowed to ignore letters from his "friends", but maybe Ginny wasn't one of the ones that caught his wrath. I always hold out hope that she's more understanding of his situation.
3) Molly's hugs are stifling? Interesting take on that.
4) Remus should know better than to support Dumbledore against Harry--hopefully he'll come around soon.
5) When do we get Ginny into the story?
6) How much angst between Ginny and Harry will we have to deal with before they can be together?
7) Where are the llamas?
Okay, that's off my chest, looking forward to your next chapter!!!

FireFairy posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 9:25am

WOW! When I heard that you guys were doing a Xmen crossover i was a little doubtful but I LOVE THIS! The two parts i liked the most were when Ron was so disgusted by Harry's Heritage and when Harry seemed on the verge of killing himself (I only liked this part not because I'm morbid;) but because I think that after OoTP something should have happened, he couldnt go on like everything was for the most part OK especially after what Dumbledore has just told him! Also it seemed like a good reason to have the Xmen come get him. Great Job! and i cant wait for a update!