Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Kairan1979 posted a comment on Tuesday 14th July 2015 12:38pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

The return to Britain was as much of a spectacle as I expected.

I'm not surprised about Dawlish and his merry team of Fudge's bootlicking Aurors tried to arrest him. But the actions of the Order are just blatant stupidity. Really, sending bludgeoning curse at somebody Harry cares about? Personally, I think anybody who tried to hurt Jean deserves Logan's claws in his gut.

P.S. Excuse me, what exactly Ron did to deserve fifth, sixth, seventh chance etc? Shouldn't there be one betrayal too many, and after that the only way for Harry to forgive Ron is if he takes a Killing Curse meant for Harry.

kyoshi posted a comment on Sunday 29th May 2011 9:17am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

As always great writing. Wish you could do something nasty to dear pathetic Ron!

Keeroo92 posted a comment on Thursday 10th February 2011 11:58pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Logan an animagus transformation gone bad? Hilarious! I loved this chapter!

sstabeler posted a comment on Monday 7th February 2011 4:49pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

as a point of interest, I actually calculated the value of the Potter Estate in this chapter, based on what the goblin said regarding how much true Silver cost. 880,469,327 Galleons, 2 Sickles and one Knut. or roughly 9.5 Billion dollars. Jean's sort of correct, especially if you include the 250 million he gets from the Blacks, it works to to be roughly 9.75 billion, give or take a few billion. If you use the Forbes Fictional 15, that puts harry above Bruce Wayne in terms of wealth. Which, I imagine, probably puts harry's net wroth as greater than professor Xavier's. Although I'm not sure Jean is correct about him being able to buy whole countries, he's very rich. (I wonder if he gets interest on the value of the true Silver? if so, that would be a LOT of money each year.)

darksidhe posted a comment on Wednesday 22nd September 2010 12:16am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Yay! Stormie! Can you make it a Harry/Storm fic? I know,I know, you can't. age difference. and that Ginny "character" ugh. oh well. Good story is good story, regardless of Harry's flavor of the week. Seriously... hasn't anyone noticed how most of Harry's non-OC girlfriends act so close to the same? Sorry, I'm tired and babbling. On with the story.

ZaneM posted a comment on Tuesday 4th May 2010 1:17pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Sigh, must Ron REALLY get better? Wouldn't it just be better to have him be slightly likable but off in another country never to have any more dialogue in the story? R/Hr, eww, I swear if you go that way I will....I will... Send you poisoned E-cookies! Maybe that will teach you...filthy authors.

As usual, thanks for the chapter.

jackson posted a comment on Wednesday 14th April 2010 5:53pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

you do know that technically Ororo can do magic? she has a high mystic potential, but never trained in it's use.

Aurilia posted a comment on Thursday 31st December 2009 9:11pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

No worries on the Ron-thing; I know every ficcer has their own interpretation of the characters,and can live with just about every 'flavor' out there.

And, in addition to pilot!Harry, I'm also getting can-buy-the-world!Harry, too? YAY! \0/

WhiteElfElder posted a comment on Sunday 13th December 2009 12:56am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

I think the ministry and the Order screwed up in that one. Harry is rich and powerful...and he is going to make people hurt.

Poirot posted a comment on Monday 17th August 2009 4:16am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

I love this story, except for the glaring error that Harry, having impeccable taste, is a Phillies fan.

bratling posted a comment on Saturday 15th August 2009 8:42pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

I was dumb and did the math... At Percy's current rate of pay, it would take him approximately 23 years to pay off the debt. More if interest was added and taking inflation into account. And how much the true silver is worth is a holy crap number... 24,356,266,694,502.4 galleons for all of it...

Vilkath posted a comment on Monday 29th June 2009 11:07am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Always felt that was one most disapointing things about Ron. Excitement about his 'part' in an adventure or anger and jealousy he can't keep his mouth shut.. yet everyone always seems trust him with vital important information. I am slightly sad to hear Ron will redeeme himself.. why does everyone have to forgive him time and again? Is it okay to say sorry if your just going to do it again later?

Over all it playing out alot like a Xmen setting where Harry keeps forgiving and forgetting what his enemies do to him.. and letting them keep hurting him time and again. Even his whole return to england makes no logical sense.. but hey thats fanfiction for you. Be rather hard have a Harry Potter story that didn't have him go to hogwarts.

thyrokio posted a comment on Saturday 16th May 2009 3:05pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

OMg Kingsley shooting at Jean was the worst thing that could possible happen for the order.

GOod work

j_finchfletchley posted a comment on Wednesday 13th May 2009 9:57pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

An interesting start to the third chapter, and it's good to see Ororo, as we haven't seen anyone other than the main four from the X-cast yet. I can understand why you have done it this way, even though the school teems with other people who live there, as your primary universe is the HP universe and things always work better when you limit the number of people coming in from the secondary universe, but it's still nice to have cameo appearances like this — Storm is, after all, Jean's closest friend outside of her relationship with Scott. It's for the same reason I'm more okay with the fact that we haven't seen the likes of Jubilee, as being Wolverine's sidekick in the anime she would have interfered with the growing relationship between Harry and Logan if she had appeared and you'd gone down the anime route with that character rather than the movie route (and I have to confess, I never liked her portrayal in the movies, or the actress that played her, but her marginalisation was necessary to allow the development of the friendship between Logan and Rogue instead.)

I like how you remind people of the fact that Professor X owns the manufacturing plant — it's easy to forget when you're watching the series or one of the movies and focusing on the plots therein that he is an extraordinarily wealthy man. He had to be in order to build and finance the X-Men. Bringing in Hank as an aside, that he shielded the electronics, is also a good way of letting people know that he is there, and expanding the cast of characters, without actually having him in the story.

I do rather think you excelled during the teaching scene between Xavier and Harry. Professor X is a very deep man to write, measured and with an understanding of literature and philosophy that was always intended to be a direct counterbalance to his nemesis. Magneto, despite the small flashes of conscience that he occasionally displayed in the anime (which gives him a lot more depth than in the movies,) still let his experiences of the holocaust and anti-mutant bigotry turn him into exactly what it was that he hated, whereas Xavier allowed his experiences to turn him into a teacher and pacifist, determined to help foster understanding. Very few people can write Teacher!Xavier so well, where he uses his wisdom to gently guide people to their own revelations and understanding (contrast Dumbledore, who'd rather guide people to his way of thinking.)

I was a little unsure as to the events with the Goblins, as it was a little stereotyped; I've lost track of the number of stories I've read where Harry has been the only wizard since time immemorial to know some sacred greeting to which everyone falls over in shock, before Harry finds out he's richer than Croesus, but it wasn't too jarring and Harry's solution to the Percy problem was rather innovative and amusing.

It's interesting to see just how far down to rock bottom you're sending Ron, and it's certain that he won't be able to crawl fully out of this hole. While I like to see him grow up eventually after he's portrayed in this manner, I have to admit that I'd be very disappointed in Harry if he ever truly forgave Ron now; it's one betrayal too far.

Interesting scenes at Gringotts and Diagon Alley, some innovative and some stereotyped — after all, how often have discrepancies turned up in the wills or hitherto unknown castles been left to him, but I can understand how it's necessary due to the X-Men needing to make a base in the UK. Oh boy though, the Ministry and the Order have really put both feet in it with heavy combat boots now — will be interesting to see how this turns out.

DukeBrymin posted a comment on Saturday 18th April 2009 11:31am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Wonderful chapter--I love the Percy solution.
Thanks!

BloodRedJawz posted a comment on Saturday 18th April 2009 7:13am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

harry is simply a little bitchy girl.

ClaudiaLilly posted a comment on Saturday 10th January 2009 4:38am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

I love this story but I'm a little confused. Earlier in the story you established that electronics get fried easily around harry and Jean when they use magic near said electronics. Yet in this chapter you have Jean ask harry if he'd PACKED the jet, indicateing he'd shrunk it useing magic. Yet in the very next paragrph you state that the jet will be returned to the factory to be shielded against magic once they return to the school. Umm call me crazy but if the jet HADN'T been shielded yet wouldn't shrinking it with magic have fried ALL of it's electronics in the process? Seems to me it would've been better for Harry and Jean to use a JJ2 that had already been shilded against magic so that Harry could have already engraved the shrinking and enlarging runes he'd told Jean and Scott about when he had his first flying lesson with Scott. Or am I misinterperting your intent?

Harriverse posted a comment on Friday 5th December 2008 7:56am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

I love all you guy's! I would send you butterscotch oatmeal cookies if I could! I loved that scene with the Aurors! Too bad Shacklbot behaved more like a ministry lackey than an Order member!!! It was great the way the Goblin's came through. I can't wait for Ron to get his butt spanked--does he have any idea the mess he has caused? Knowing you wonderful author's, there will be no end of trouble ahead for the Scoobies! Has anyone noticed that the TV show Hero's is like a realistic X-Men? I sincerely hope you continue writing this story!!!

Robert Malley posted a comment on Friday 29th August 2008 4:05am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Love it. I notice not to many X-men. Keep it that way. I love Harry Potter stories.

Sakya posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 6:54am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Well, Ron has to find himself in a spot worse than the one Percy was before he sees the light (and please don ´t make Harry forgive him too fast - Ron really has to work for it).

Oh, and I love the scene where Jean sees the phoenix. Made my moments to remember galery for sure... she won ´t be the dark phoenix here, will she? Jean, I mean.