Content Harry Potter

Reviews

aboulhosnc posted a comment on Tuesday 12th August 2008 8:05am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

yeah uh..... I like the idea of having harry being a mutant just the way you went about it is the part that I am concerned with. Besides the overall cliches in this story such as certain rites pertaining to goblins, and that Harry would know about it and act on it.

The deal breaker for me is really when you had him call his aunt mom.. His mom died for him and his father as well to have an emotionally stunted boy, whom is a teenager and having his godfather die start calling an aunt who he barely knows, call her mom seems out of character.
I honestly don't understand why wizards would have a problem with mutants if they coexisted its as you say right they are wizards/ witches who have only one ability.

Why is Harry going through an emotional roller coaster like that is he on drugs ?

noylj posted a comment on Tuesday 12th August 2008 5:51am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

"Hermione and Ginny sat silently, neither interested in admonishing Ron for his outburst. Dumbledore bowed his head. Things were spiraling our of control and Harry was causing a lot of damage."
Well, I don't see any of these "people" getting any forgiveness any time soon. Damn that Potter, how dare he try to protect what is his! Doesn't he understand the "greater good." Another chapter without a dead Dumbles, Snape, or Malfoy.
I don't care if Ron EVER gets better. Who cares! He can be excised like a bad cyst.
Oh yes, feel free to have someone squish Rita soon, too.
You wrote: ""I will owl you with resumes for possible Potions tutors when I have them,""
Don't the Brits refer to resumés (not resumes) as C.V.s or somesuch silliness?
Oh yes, just to really p--s you off...hurry up and update!
Thanks.

AnnaRivers posted a comment on Tuesday 12th August 2008 2:32am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

I love this fic! It's a cool way to combine two fandoms. Looking forward to more chapters! I also really, really love your "standard disclaimers"! They're hilarious!

maddogxxiii posted a comment on Tuesday 12th August 2008 1:14am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Ack… you forgot to warn us about the frying pan of infinite attack… Alyx has got a mean swing with that… my mercenary team off ninja baboons got slaughtered… you’re on your own Bob

webdoc posted a comment on Tuesday 12th August 2008 12:22am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Another excellent chapter.....


What happens with Ron doesn't really concern me.

I'm more interested in seeing Rita Fudge and the other lewsers (Malfoys and the like) get what they so richly deserve

rosiegirl posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 11:59pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Can't wait for Ron's kick in the pants. He needs several kicks actually! Great chapter.

Robert Robinson posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 11:43pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Once again, you two have created another award worthy tale. I loved the Sunset and Sunrise stories, and have them saved into my favorites, and the Potter's Revenge fic was also right up there with the best of them. This story is holding up to your standard form of excellent writing. I look forward to your remaining chapters, and remain a devoted reader! Keep up the excellent work, and you'll end up giving JK a run for her money! Even though you are using the Potterverse as a playground right now, I'd rather be reading your stories than the actual books that have been published. I find your stories much more enjoyable then the originals anyday. Take care!

rune1806 posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 10:11pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Sorry I did not read far enought down so I can not send help, maybe next time. Love the goblins ideas for recovering the money and the whole Percy rejoining the family because of it was well thought out.

BJH posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 8:43pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

This is a good story, one of the few cross overs that I bother reading. You've done a great job tying the two worlds together.

I do have one small bone to pick with you and that is Harry's behavior at the end of this chapter. First, when confronted with the Aurors he contrives to have photographs taken where a group of armed Aurors are threatening a peaceful group of unarmed civilians, quite the Slytherin act, then he vanishes the wands so that the Aurors are now unarmed and subject to the whims of the crowd. This rapid fire plan is a bit of a stretch from the sluggishly thinking Harry in the beginning of the story. This is a minor point but one I recognized.

The real problem I have is Harry's calling Remus a werewolf, using the term in an insulting manner. Given how Harry was almost constantly called a freak or a lunatic or any number of other names in canon, then given the reactions to Ron calling Harry a mutant, again as an insult and not simply a fact. You are painting Harry as just as bigoted as Ron or the others. What difference does it make to Harry if Remus is a werewolf? It should make none if he feels that his being a wizard and a mutant should make no difference to anyone else. Harry could have used any number of insults to show his anger towards Remus but by resorting to prejudged tauntings he is showing himself to be no better than Ron or the Malfoys. Just a thought.

BJH

koppe posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 8:23pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Great chapter. Ron is not a very good drunk, can't wait until the whole article comes out.
I would've loved to know how the Malfoys are taking loosing all that money -- not to mention reacting to Harry (assumingly) bypassing them in wealth and becomming Lord Black (instead of Draco). Hope Harry patch things up with Hermione eventually...
Keep up the good work, and please update soon.

cliviussum posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 3:34pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

I must admit that I usually stay clear of cross-over type fiction, but for once I was pleased I let my appreciation of good fiction overide any prejudice.

As to your note regarding ships; in my case
(although after books 1-5, I never thought that Rowling's Ron would have paired with Hermione), I generally find that when a story line is good, the ship doesn't matter, as the story works around whatever pairings the author has decided.

'Mutant Storm' is - as is usual with fiction from your pen(s) - of excellent quality, well written and has an interesting story line with some very believable characters. I am now firmly hooked awaiting the next instalment.

I appreciate the way you gave a taste as to how Harry's 'Angry young man' aspect could have transpired had he not been rescued by Xavier - or actually his aunt I suppose. This has added more depth to the story, as there always remains a possibility of a very powerful and vengeful Harry so long as the remaining members of the order continue with their intransigence.

Whether Harry's new mum and dad can keep his temper rained in and his dark side wholly restrained remains in quandry, but so far they seem to be succeeding. Harry seems to be accepting that people do want him and is getting over some of the effects of his abuse at the hansds of the Dursleys. Were either Jean, Scott or Logan to have been seriously injured in the skirmish of chapter 3 however...

Ron is... well Ron and as you promise in your note perhaps there is hope for him yet, now his mother seems to be reforming.

There still remains the problem of Rita Skeeter and her 'reporting' however, the fall-out from which I await with some trepidation:-)

As for the ministry; well I assume that something very nasty will happen to Fudge and his Death eaters ... oh sorry ministers.

Overall then thank you for a wonderful start to your new story.

Tibi grates ago fabellae novae et probe, capitulum quartum observabo. C

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 2:38pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Outstanding chapter!!!! Can't we just have Ron die off a horrible death???? Are we allowed to send Alyx Doughnuts so that you wont kill Bob???? Will we be seeing Hermione still being friends with Harry when he gets back to school???? Will the Ministry and the Order of Fried Idiots manage to capture Harry at some point???? Do keep up the outstanding work and update soon please!!!!:):):)

Princess Fictoria posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 1:03pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Fabulous chapter! I truly enjoyed reading it. I loved the way you handled Ron. It makes a lot of sense. Teenagers rarely appreciate the value of family... add to that the years and years of pent up anger, humiliation, and envy he has endured for being the youngest son... but not the baby of the family; the sidekick... but not the hero and it is normal that he would lash out. He knows he is not as smart as Hermione nor as powerful as Harry. He wants so much to be the best at something, for someone to acknowledge him... basically he wants to be special too.

My heart goes out to him and I look forward to his redemption and personal growth.

Harry has certainly made an entrace when he returned. I wonder how being a dual citizen impacts his status as a 'Dark Creature' especially since he is considered a VIP in America?

Harry shouting at Remus and calling him a werewolf was great. I agree, it was certainly hard to discern that they did not want to fight when the shot first!

I eagerly look forward to reading more and hope that we will see some soon.

REGARDING PLEA FOR HELP: Please note that I tried to get some help for you, but the military was reluctant to assist... apparantly your spouse's reputation has reached the highest levels of the American Government... I thouht about mailing you some assistance, but the postage rates persuaded me to stick to simply telling you... I am keeping you in my prayers... good luck.

jdcox61 posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 11:23am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

I'm sending help, I don't know why I called Canadian Mounties, though. Good job guys, I've not read an Xmen crossover and I genuinely like it. I can't wait to see what you guys do with red, I don't much care for her in canon and whatnot. Lately I've been on a Harry/other character binge. ALL female, though. No Slash! I love reading you guys' stories, they're amazing. Make sure you've got enough time to read one, though. =)

Peter Clark posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 10:49am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

I am so happy that another Bobmin story is out! I actually squealed with joy when I read the email alert ^_^ And now it's 3:48am, and I have to get up for work at 7:30am...

As usual you two are writing a superb story. I am missing the dancing lamas and the gratuitous Snape/Oldman death scenes in the disclaimers, though!

Emma Sue Baldwin posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 8:56am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Great Merlin!!!! This story just gets better and better. Please update as soon as you can, I know writing this good excuse me FANTASTIC takes time so I will try to be patient. Thank You !!!!!!!

vasilis01 posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 7:41am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Excellent update. I like what you do to heal Harry from past experiences and how he has started to grow up. Keep writing and please! please! please update soon.

Magnificent the Destroyer Lord posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 6:33am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

*a series of loud pops is heard in the background* ... ... *a Gringotts war party appears armed to the teeth with AK47s and navy issue barettas* "We got a call for help from this neck of the woods! That's going to be $1,000.00, unless this is a false call..." the lead goblin left off in an ominous snarl, looking around the stage.

(Wll this work? *snickers*)

Jezzie posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 6:17am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Another excellent chapter, maybe even the best one yet; I can't think of anything I didn't like. I hope we get to see more of Ginny in the next chapter, as she was conspicuously absent in this one.

Anyway, to make this short, great work! I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Ronnie McMains posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 6:05am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Okay, first. About the help, surely you haven't lost the Spatula of Impenetrable Defense I sent you?

Second, you know if the Fudge administration's position on mutants gets out, they're just begging for Eric to show up and run amok, right? Also, how is that going to work out with Harry having dual citizenship, because I can see him deciding to give up his British citizenship at this rate. Shades of Genosha, brrr.

Third, about Ron. Rather than let him dig himself out of his hole, how about just filling it in for him? If Rita's back to her fourth-year form, pretty much all of Wizarding Britain is going to be after Harry again, and not in a good way, and it all leads back to Ron.

Oh, and for Chris Marchand, the Marine SpecOp group is Force Recon.

Keep the good work up and your head down! ^_^