Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Frank Hacklander posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 5:13am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

No help as long as this remains a "Ginny" ship. That problem aside, i like the way you're handling the burgeoning relationship between Harry, his new family and the other X-men; very deftly done, indeed. The "dark creature" theme is an interesting one especially given the example of Remus. I am surprised that you had him participate in the effort to corral Harry. I guess being "Dumble's" man in the worst sense of the word could have led to that unhappy result. All in all, despite my comments re Ginny, I think this is a wonderful x-over. Please send us another instalment soon.

thewisesirivanthes posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 4:53am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

/me sends several armed mercenary baboons to escort Bob to safety.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 3:50am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Nice chapter. Liked the insults to Dawlish. I assume that Harry vanishing their wands was somehow related to his teleport power that allowed him to get the box from under Jean's bed? Or else it was a powerful spell done wandlessly; the former seems more likely.

A foolish move by Shaklebolt there. Fit right into Harry's feeling of distrust and anger at the Order. I hope he used the american wand so as to not be tracked and accused of something by the Ministry.

One complaint, use or ignore. I would have liked to have seen more of their trip to Salem. But that's just personal preference.

Thanks for the story. Very enjoyable.

Harry will be getting together with Ginny, and Scott and Jean are together.... is there a nice witch that Logan can get to know that will tame his wild beast???

Tom A.
Quibbling minds want to know.

cheryse posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 2:56am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

What concerns me is that you said Ron was nearly at rock bottom. I shudder to think what you two could still have in store for him. I'm also curious what you have in mind for Rita's article.

Excellent work on getting Harry to call Jean "Mom", I was wondering if that was going to happen. Thanks for not dragging out the adoption.

Finally, very cute scene between Logan and Harry when Harry spotted the errors - oops! I meant aurors!

Oh, and Bob, you should be careful about appreciating Alyx. No one ever compared Hell's fury to a man! I'll be looking forward to more of this fascinating little ditty. Toodles!

maddogxxiii posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 2:37am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

hold on... help is on the way :-)

dhampirkinfolk posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 2:28am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Ya know, I can't think of any reason to redeem Ron. But ya'll are writing this, not me. So have fun trying to make the little bastard worth something.

ChocoholicWriter posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 1:09am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Ooooh, I like this.

Viridian posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 12:37am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Holy crap that was a wicked way to end a chapter.

Shack must have a screw loose to escalate a tense situation like that. Is he closet racist or a plant for the other side (though that would be copying SSOB a little)? I hope we eventually find out exactly why he decided to screw the pooch like that.

Between his wealth, mutant abilities, and wandless magic, Harry is rapidly becoming the Swiss Army Knife of Doom (TM), but I'm not sure if he's heading for super-Harry-hood or not.

Jean is developing nicely, and Charles = (Dumbledore - manipulation), which works well for Harry. Aside from them, Logan seems to be the most distinctive, more for his flaws than anything else.

Anyway, this is getting good, and I eagerly look forward to the next installment!

D Alford posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 12:33am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Hi Bob and Alyx,

Just a quick question further to my earlier review. Is the Blackmoor you talked about the one in Hampshire, Avon or Somerset?

I'll send the sugar and fat free doughnuts first class!

Warmest Regards

Dave

Joseph Stoutimore II posted a comment on Monday 11th August 2008 12:25am for Chapter 03 - First Contact

ok here is My review.. and pls dont have Me down as a test subject.. I acualy love the flow of the story thou I would love to see more twards the fighting aspect of the mutants and wizards .. but I see that comming in the next few chapters. the updates are farly constent and aditude belivable.. author notes and disclamers are funny at worse and down right falling out of the chair laughing at best keep up the good work and hope to see the next chapter soon. A+ and all that jazz...

sends Bob a target as help to distract the shotgun... "realy it runs and all"

Shamsheer Bali posted a comment on Sunday 10th August 2008 11:58pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

U really have messed ron up havent u?? i am so proud.. :sniff: Wudnt it be better to leave him that way? (hint)....

Crys posted a comment on Sunday 10th August 2008 11:47pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

[Crys the house-elf steps in front of the audience who are growling and handing out pitch-forks.]
You will not harm Dark Lady Alyx!

> asking Logan to play clown for a child's birthday party
That'd cure the kid from asking for another party, wouldn't it?

> The different between justice and revenge is that one is done without anger, while the other is driven by it.
Huh. Never thought to distinguish them quite like that. Good line.

> "Who else has been hit with this law?"
> "The Ministry, of course, and Fudge, the Malfoys and the Zabinis as counter signers of the original order
*slow, evil smile* Lucius has a servitude collar? Ah, it's addressed later. They paid the fine and avoided the servitude.

> If I'd had my way, the name Percy would be synonymous with lime Jello.
*violent coughing* Okay, that had to be Bob. The Dark Lady Alyx's sense of humor isn't that warped.

> Ron frowned at Skeeter. "Potter," he spat. "That damn mutant! I'm tired of being in his shadow. First, I'm in the shadow at home, then at school. All because of Potter... poor little orphan boy. Who cares if his Muggle relatives beat him. Serves him right, if you ask me. He's even lower than a Muggle."
*sigh* Okay, Harry should now permanently and officially wash his hands of this idiot.

> "All right, maybe people do need to be warned about their precious Potter."
Rita, please attribute your source. This conversation alone will give you fuel for a year and every (Harry) really needs to know the source of it. 'Sides, it gains credibility when it's from Harry's "best friend".

> "Want to tag along?"
> "Sure thing, Wiz," Logan replied.
[Crys starts bouncing in his seat.] Ooh, the Order is being informed he's in the country and the Ministry will no doubt know soon. Add that to the immediate arrest order. A fight between Moody and/or Shacklebolt and Logan? This I GOTTA see!

> I'd say this was an animagus gone terribly wrong
*laugh* "Wolverine"!

> go to McWands
Snerk!

Aw, no Logan fight? Stunned him in the back, cheating bastards.

> The castle wasn't quite as big as Hogwarts, but it was still huge and seemed nearly as old. "I think we're going to need help with this," he murmured.
Not exactly subtle about introducing Dobby.

> And if anyone reads this far down in the file. SEND HELP!
Why would I want to do that? Dark Lady Alyx is right there to help you if you need it.

> Ron will get better soon, I promise.
*dubious look* Why? With his clearly stated opinion, he cannot honestly do anything different. If he changes his actions, it'll be fake. Unless he changes his opinions, of course. But it'll take a whole LOT to convince everyone of that.

Now, once AD does the "wizards are mutants by definition" announcement, that'll throw Ron into a wobbly (did I use the term right?). Still, just because he (eventually) accepts that he's a mutant, that doesn't do anything to mitigate the damage he's doing Harry.

Interesting to see how you believably dig him out of this, as you seem to be intent on doing.

Dragen posted a comment on Sunday 10th August 2008 11:29pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Another great chapter mate, I do love your stories and I can't wait to see where you go with this one and see if you do a sequel or not, I do hope so...

Is Harry more then a teleporter?? Could you list the powers that Harry has already got and maybe powers that he is going to get, as I don't see Harry just being a teleporter.

I likethe Cell Phone that Harry got. :D nicely done with it working with magic. Oh I like how you are sorting out who Harry should hate and who he shouldn't, that's one way I can see Harry and Ginny getting together, but it might take some time through.

Oh boy, Harry finds out that the asses of the Ministry as being trying to confiscate the Potter family accounts and properties and stole his money from his trust vault. I like the way that Harry is going to get his mony back, and it's going to be much more then that was stolen. I do like the magical adoption idea. Great work there.

Oh my lord - lol - Percy has just been turned into a slave, because he stole Harry's money, another great work. Ron the fool, blaming Harry, it was Percy fualt for stealing from Harry that he is now a slave with a few others.

Oh the ass Ron, NEVER ever thinks, he is a jealous bastard, he doesn't know what it cast him to have his fame and money.

marcelhm posted a comment on Sunday 10th August 2008 11:24pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

well just a great chapter, best way to waste some minutes in a long while

BigKen2008 posted a comment on Sunday 10th August 2008 10:43pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

All in All not that bad a story. Personally I think you should go a little easy on Remus. Just a thought. Other than that keep up the good work.

speedy_86 posted a comment on Sunday 10th August 2008 10:20pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

As always I enjoy reading your stories.
I'm hoping for more as you have awakened my thirst for X-Men...

Lee Dickie posted a comment on Sunday 10th August 2008 10:11pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Well written as always.

One possible error(?) is Storm calling Xavier, Charles, instead of Professor. Just something I remember from the comics and movies.

I won't say anything about relationships other than you are missing a chance for him exploring the field in America before returning to Hogwarts. Be different.

Thanks

Ken Warner posted a comment on Sunday 10th August 2008 10:05pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

excellent chapter, love to see Harry growing more mature, and the backslides are appropriate to the circumstances. He was exceedingly kind to Percy - How did Dumbledork manage to escape goblin punishment??

thanks so much for continuing the story

Aki posted a comment on Sunday 10th August 2008 10:05pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

That's a relief to know. But after that gigantic trench he dug for himself, I seriously doubt he can redeem himself himself at all!

hjdevnull posted a comment on Sunday 10th August 2008 10:01pm for Chapter 03 - First Contact

Sometimes, I find myself wondering, "Geez, when is the next chapter of Mutant Storm going to come out? It's taking forever!" But then, it does come out, and I'm reminded why it takes a while: what you refer to as a "chapter," most authors refer to as "book one." =)

Great chapter. I like that Harry's getting more and more rational with his anger, and I like the growing bond between him and the Summers.

Eagerly looking forward to the next chapter.