Content Harry Potter

Reviews

tony s posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 3:25pm

Well, i've already sent three notices in system and to support about the idiot who likes to steal shite. regardless, i think that if you stop writing, you'll be letting them win. you two are excellent writers and you works have motivated me to start writing my own works. When i finally get a ways into it, maybe you can look it over and tell me what you think.
Anyway, another chapter down and despite it being harry/ginny its pretty damn good so far. keep it up, k?

jilumasam posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 3:20pm

A word regarding your author notes and the plagarism...That sucks!

Having said that, this is a brilliant story!

Many thanks for writing it

Lizzy :)

Mrs.TiffanyPotter posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 3:05pm

Great chapter. I find Professor X's stricter moral code and his refusal to abondon his beliefs a refreshing change from Dumbledore who on the surface seems like a paragon of virtue but is willing to chuck his values out the window at the drop of a hat.
I hope that Harry can come to somekind of understanding with his friends. The hate that Harry feels now can rot the soul if left to ferment to long. It would be a pity if Harry turned in to a MIni-Snape.
I'm headed over to send my email now and I hope that what that bastard did doesn't keep you from doing something your so good at and obviously love.

shimbot42 posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 3:05pm

Again, Brilliant. I have an idea that may make fanfiction.net take notice. I say we SPAM BOMB THEM!!!!!

fountaam posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 2:53pm

If it makes you feel any better, I don't think the admins are fixing any plagarism questions lately. On a stop plagarism lj group, the only stories that have been removed have been by the guilty themselves, after tons of e-mails.

Andrew hansen posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 2:45pm

I think we crashed FF.n's email. tryed to send one into them on my yahoo then my gmail accounts both failed.

dhampirkinfolk posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 2:18pm

*wave* Hi. Long time reader. Love ya'll's work. It's very...fluid. (By fluid, I mean it makes me spit, cry, and pee.)
Regarding you situation with the wankers in question, I've sent my polite yet condescending email, removed my work from their sight, and suggested that the purple-traitor unpost your work post haste.
I'm sorry to hear how disheartened this has left you, and hope that it doesn't prevent you from producing some of the best fanfic on the net. And I have noticed that you're affected. Your disclaimer does not meet the severely twisted bar ya'll have set for yourselves.
Regarding this story, I'm liking it so far. I too would like to see some interaction with Harry and the other students in the school. (Although, now that I think about it, it is summer, and I'm sure that a few of them have families to go home to.)
Perhaps a short term relationship with one of the local girls before he settles down with mini-mum. Get some wild mutant oats sown.
Anyhow, looking forward to more.
--dk

P.S. Please enjoy the enclosed tanning bed, rusty cheese grater, and 2 liter bottle of lemon juice.

liquidfyre posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 2:17pm

now on to more serious notes kick ass chappie and damn im glad to see harry still trusts at least one of the old gang so to speak. that makes it seem alot more likely of him coming to terms with the ones that arent idiots in the long run i would think.

Please update soon the mob equipment has been put away but is still easily accessable. i have sent an UNFORTUNATELY polite email to fanfiction but my prior offer is still up as well

also to riegert8 whats the name of hte story you tried to report for the underage stuff and ill send a complaint about that as well

MonCappy posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 2:12pm

I think this chapter was awesome. I can't help but think that Jean and Scott are the best thing that ever happened to Harry. For the first time in his life he has a place that he can truly call home.

I did find a minor typographical error, though I thought it might be a good idea to point it out.

Several hours later, the Little Whinging Fire Brigade were called to handle a fire on Privet Drive. Unfortunately, the family living at number four did not survive the blaze.

I don't think the deaths of the Dursleys unfortunate by any definition of the word. The monsters deserved to die. The only bad thing about their deaths is that Voldemort didn't take them so he could torture them for several months before finishing them.

Paladin11 posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 1:57pm

I really like this, it's the best HP/X-Men crossover that i've ever read and its only two chapters long.

I like how you've got Harry gradually recovering but he's still got vulnerabilities which makes him more believable.

A couple of quick questions which you'll no doubt answer during the story but i can't resist asking.

1) Is his mutant ability/s 'the power he knows not'
2)Are you going to use spells other then those used in Fanfiction- by that I mean are going to create your own spells in a similar manner to Jbern, I only ask cause I really like when authors do that

PhoenixAnkaa posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 1:54pm

Another amazing chapter, well worth the wait. I love that you have Logan mentoring Harry... it would be fun to see him take on a few Death Eaters, maybe give old Bella a bit of a surprise. And of course you had dangled the apple just out of reach by telling us that Harry won't be the only mutant attending Hogwarts.

(Groans loudly) Bloody hell... this means another month before we are graced with the next chapter.

Oh, and I sent FF my e-mail complaining of their endorsing plagiarism before I even started on this chapter. Hopefully it helps and they kick the Git off the site.

PA

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 1:52pm

Very good chapter. I'm liking this story a lot.

I noticed a place where Scott says "Would would you be able..." Presumably there should be some punctuation between the two woulds, or only one of them.

The email links above say .com, but they actually point to .net, which bounces when you mail to it. I did send an email like you requested.

kittykatluver posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 1:47pm

Love the story! Just wanted to let you know that I lodged a complaint. I do not understand stealing from someone like that...

Chris Williams posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 1:47pm

Wonderful chapter, I can't tell if Harry will go or stay. FFN has sucked for a few years now, I avoid it like the plague. So some kid copied your work and they won't do anything about it? Big surprise there, they are too busy with more and more ridiculous rules and regs. Ignore the idiots. Sunset should be considered a definitive HP story and as an added bonus you wrote a sequel. Have no fear that you are being taken for granted or otherwise minimalized or sidelined, the Bob and Alex team is well known (and feared) by all.

tula posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 1:42pm

i am sorry to hear about your problems with ffnet. I must admit i have not noticed it, mostly because i do not visit the site anymore since i have found better places to find my fanfiction fix.
i've sent an email asking them to stick to their ToS and keep the site clean, let's hope they react properly.

M Wanagas posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 1:35pm

Good chapter, if light on the action.

Please keep writing. Its wonderful to read takeoffs on my favorite stories without the bland mainstream feel.

Maybe Bob would consider feeding the FF.net people Extract of Llama before turning Alyx loose?

BTW-the link is correct, but it displays as FanFiction.COM rather than.NET.

Kris posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 1:34pm

Never review when you've been up for more than 22 hours... It can go in the wrong place, and be disjointed. Aw well! :)

OK, I e-mailed the goofballs at FF.net, and cc'd you two. I'm more than happy to get on my high horse and toss around words that start with Plagir and end in ism. It's illegal and you shouldn't have to put up with it!!!!

OK, Done. On with the review.

Love, Love, LOVE the story. You are my absolute favorite team and I may die if I don't have access to your stories. Someone asked me once, (in a team building event at work of all places) what I would need in order to survive on a deserted island. I looked my team captain in the face and said, "My computer w/Internet connection so I can get the latest e-mails from Alyx and Bob!" Hello! he knows nothing, and some people like to call him our boss... good thing I know he's really a Dementor in disguise (wherever he is there's no cheer to be found). He thought I was being funny and saying I would get help through the Internet. Stupid man didn't realize I could use the vacation, and not seeing him anytime soon would be an early Christmas/Birthday/Anniversary present all rolled into one!

OK, now that I'm over my tangent I'll get back on topic of telling you how wonderful the story is, how much I enjoy reading it and even through you hate it, will tell you I can't wait for the next chapter.

Keep your chin up, and if FF.net doesn't get their act together, sign them up to be spammed!

Toddles for Today!
Kris

liquidfyre posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 1:31pm

If you guys want im a rather large and hairy individual and if it will help cheer yall up and defunk yall I will gladly take many naked hairy pictures and fill the fanfiction.com email with them. I have been told that if i wanted i could get my back and rump braided in cornrows quite easily

slickrcbd posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 1:29pm

You're doing something that I've never understood in so many manipulative Dumbledore stories. You're having Harry flee the Dursleys and Dumbledore's control, only to have him go back to Hogwarts. Yes, it's important that he finish his education, but why not send him someplace else? You outright mentioned that there is a school in America, why not have him enroll there and wait until he's of age and able to do magic in Britain before having him go back to a potentially dangerous situation?
Hogwarts is the height of Dumbledore's power. This Dumbledore may only be misguided, but Harry does NOT know that at the moment. Why take the risk of being obliviated and put on mind altering potions? He should stay way like he did in "Power of the Press" and only come back when he's of age. Otherwise he runs the risk of somebody without his best interest at heart (like Malfoy) gaining custody of him.

Tanaxanth posted a comment on Thursday 3rd July 2008 1:23pm

Guys,

Heard about this Bullshit and already sent a rather, interesting email to them.
I can understand the motivation going away when you see people getting away with pure and simple theft.

Now onto the fun stuffs...
I loved the example Hermione used to explain DNA to a bunch of wizards.
Was simple and demonstrated the point perfectly.

Thanks for the update and looking forward to more soon.