Content Harry Potter

Reviews

verahsa posted a comment on Thursday 15th September 2005 3:25am

Hey guys, great job so far!

Downfalls & Accolades, as apporpriate:

Harry/Hermione. I've never been a big fan of H/Hr, but you seem to be managing it almost as well as Jeconais' "Like A Sister," which tells you I'm enjoying it and it's believable. I love Dumbledore's methods so far, they portray him as truly manipulative but not quite a bastard, which is difficult.

The modified Fidelius is good & bad. Good in that it provided a simple solution to a problem. Bad in that it seems to possibly pave the way for an overly superpowered Harry.

I'm glad to see you on fanficauthors.net. =) I'm also very pleased to see you use the same standard html pages that most of the other authors here have used, it's clean & simple.

I miss your detailed author's notes, the humor factor has always been great. =)

I am also enjoying the Draco/Luna mix. While I don't quite like Draco by any means, and seeing him redeemable irritates me, you've done it well enough for me to be happy with it, and IF he's going to be redeemed, Luna as a match is quite well suited.

Thanks for your efforts, and thanks for not giving up in the face of adversity.

Riven posted a comment on Thursday 15th September 2005 2:49am

well another wonderful chapter. dont really know what to say bout it other than it was awsome. a deffinet O
it seemed shorter thn the others but i supose that just me because the word count is similar to other chapters. i would make a suggestion however concerning the layout of your chapter on your new page/site.
they all go by title but i would find it immensley helpful if you included an actual chapter number. i cannot wait for the next chapter. keep up the awsome writeing.

John

BeckiSoup posted a comment on Thursday 15th September 2005 1:51am

boo hiss to fanfiction.net! they just lost their best story! this was an awsome chapter! hee hee...just how romantic will harry's proposal be? i can't wait for the next chapter!

Ben Russell-Gough posted a comment on Thursday 15th September 2005 1:46am

Well! It seems that the war is finally kicking off (to use a soccer term). It looks like Voldie has compromised the army. However, I wonder if he will appreciate the other parts of the British military. After all, he was pulled out of the Muggle world aged 11 at a time when the RAF and the Royal Navy were very different creatures in both organisation and capability.

The war has also clearly come to Hogwarts in a way that even Dumbledore can no longer hide, as the Outcasts and the Junior Death Nibblers are pretty obviously going to be fighting it out in the corridors. I hope that Harry rubs Dumbledore's nose in the fact that, in "the safest place in Magical Britain", a full company of Death Eaters have been operating with virtual impunity, indeed that Dumbledore has helped them do so by his naieve insistance that the 'children' be rescued from being tempted down the dark path by lassez faire soft treatment. I do hope that he realises what an utter failure Snape has been as Slytherin House Master.

You know, I'm glad that Dumbledore has found Hermione's first prophecy. He is too smart not to realise that this is the basis of Harry's current strategy. This realisation could yet save lives.

You know, I do think that Trewlaney is mad. Utterly bonkers. With luck, one of the Junior Nibblers will do something stupid, get themselves expelled and save the remainder of Slytherin House from being driven mad.

BenRG's Rating: 9/10

BenRG's Prediction for the DE mole in Gryffindor: Cormac McLaggen - Even for a Gryffindor, he is a judgemental and egotistical ass; Just the sort who would decide that Voldie is going to win and that he wants to be on the winning side. He also has an ego problem that would make him easy meat for Harry.

Mike posted a comment on Thursday 15th September 2005 1:30am

I like. I do like the muggle aspect of this story. By chance, are you a Tom Clancy fan?

Sean Tremblay posted a comment on Thursday 15th September 2005 1:13am

Awsome chapter, glad you found somebody else to host your stories. In all honesty, you guys were to good for them anyways. Lookin' forward for the next chapter. Is there a chance that we will get a timetable from you? Or are you two just gonna post them as soon as you finish them?
I remember when you were pumping out chapters everyday, or just about for Dumbledore's Army.
MysticHowler

Treck posted a comment on Thursday 15th September 2005 1:09am

Umm. I get the feeling that the fertilizer is about to connect to the ventelator. (sp)

Wonderful chapter.

wen posted a comment on Wednesday 14th September 2005 11:48pm

Interesting chapter, excellent substantive. I particularly liked the parts with Emma and Tonks and the 5-galleon coin.

Anyway, good cliffy I think, though it's really something else as to what Harry does next. My personal guess is that he fries everyone starting with the black aura ones.

I also liked the Trelawney part with Slytherian house. I do hope she's going to make more trouble for them?

Any how, update soon!

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Wednesday 14th September 2005 11:05pm

Well, I was suprised at Dumbledore's audacity in dealing with Tonks. You'd think he'd have figured out by now, regardless of how Harry and Hermione's parental figures feel about things, they will present a united front to him. Albus is going to have to attack on a different front to get anywhere. I loved the intejection with CINCLANT and the CNO, I suspect you have a military background from that. Outstanding chapter, though I'm curious to see what Harry has in mind, thank you.

Philip Jacobs posted a comment on Wednesday 14th September 2005 9:48pm

You've got another excellent chapter here. It's too bad that FF.net has been suffering from serious cranial-rectal inpaction syndrome these days, because this story has been one of the best ones to come along in the last three months. I like the Luna/Draco pairing, and it makes sense in the context of your story. Now, if Harry can just pull up some more of his Gryffendor courage and finish the romantic proposal to Hermione... of course, other things keep intruding on his planning time, and nosy Headmasters aren't helping much in that regard, either. I think that the latest "message" delivered with Terry's ambush is probably going to go very badly for Slytherin as a whole, since I can easily see Harry taking the whole "come out from behind his wards and play" comment as carte blanche to turn lose his inner Marauder on the school, and engage in a serious application of lex talonis. At any rate, I'll be eagerly looking forward to the next installment in the story.

Thanks for sharing it with us,

Nementh

FenrisWolf posted a comment on Wednesday 14th September 2005 5:55pm

In an odd, back-handed way, I find myself grateful to ff.net for its Stormtrooper behavior, if for no other reson that I've stumbled across a number of great stories due to people complaining about them beingdeleted by ff.net's style nazis. Sunset Over Britain is the latest, and I believe one of the best to suffer such treatment.

I'm also immensely pleased with the technical aspects of your work. Both the length of the chapters, the speed of the updates and last but not least, the quality of the writing, make this story a real pleasure to read. Great work!

PS -- please add me to the update list for new chapters!

bkmccrary@cox.net

thanks,
FenrisWolf

Adam posted a comment on Wednesday 14th September 2005 5:12pm

Another great chapter :) I can see that things are moving faster now, thing is the Navy excercise that is planned is not likley to be kept secret from the rest of the military which means that Voldy will know of it. As such wouldnt he try to interfere. He knows he has control of the Army and as such has control of what they know. As such they will know the importance of the other services.

Hermione really dropped the ball on the proposal didnt she lol, oh well I think she learnt her lesson. It did bring a smile to me though.

Well at the end there, Harry has sort of got his wish, he wanted an enemy he could take on, and the message given to Terry has given him just that. I wonder what they will do when they realise they have just woken a sleeping dragon :)

Snuffles629 posted a comment on Wednesday 14th September 2005 12:13pm

I know I havn't reviewed in a long time, but when i searched for my favorite fic online and didn't find it on FF.net, I was distraught. It is great that you guys are getting up on this new site, and I look forward to more chappies. So as always, if you write more you will succesfully keep me away from my homework for as long as possible, that is a good thing, i swear. At least I wish it was. Dang. Anyways, I thought that I would give you one really awsome review for this story, cause I'm really lazy. I mean really. REALLY. I'm serious, I am. Now that that is settled. I just want to say, I LOVE YOU. AND. WILL YOU MARRY ME(no I'm not talking to you bob). Actually, how about adopt me. Keep it up.

Laters,
Snuffles Your Most adoring fan

Soup posted a comment on Wednesday 14th September 2005 11:22am

Always have loved the story since it was first put up at that other site. someone was just jealous because you get more reviews than they do. good story!

Loopy Dane posted a comment on Wednesday 14th September 2005 8:29am

Draco and Luna, eh? Gotta say you are taking this "stretching ourselves as writers" thing pretty far. Sadly, I am enjoying it... I guess if I can love Harry/Pansy in WKGQ, it just goes to show that I will accept ANY well-written ship... That is ia compliment, btw, on a well written ship...
*grin*
-Loopy

Ronneem posted a comment on Wednesday 14th September 2005 5:26am

Very tastefully done. Once again, a very well thought out and written chapter.

Thanks

Ronnee posted a comment on Wednesday 14th September 2005 5:00am

The chapter is great, though I must say I feel some pity for Ron - being Imperio'd is not nice, even if it means you get to do what you wanted to do in the first place, only more so and without remorse. I feel even more for the Granger family - to lose friends and subordinates in an attack on them would be devastating! You've got me very curious about the new DADA teacher with Luna's warning, is she seeing something no one else is, or is she simply being pessimistic? Yes, I know I'll find out sooner or later, but I'm still curious.

I adore your pet peeves. They make me snicker and I've been using them (or some of them) to help my daughter with her creative writing class. Thanks

Ronnee posted a comment on Wednesday 14th September 2005 4:38am

As always very well done and intriguing. I can so easily see the Wizarding World slowly (or rapidly as in your fic) sliding under the power of Voldemort and his followers out of sheer inertia and refusal to stand up for themselves. And the way you have the characters evolving is very plausable. I wish I could argue with your characterization of Dumbledore and Molly Weasley but it fits the way they are in the first five books. (I have yet to make up my mind about book 6 - besides the fact that I dislike it intensely)


I was shocked to see this was missing from fanfic.com. I'd been reading since it was reccommended to me and had planned to review at the end. But since it's not at ff and is in an easier format to review, I have no more excuses.

Anyway,
Please keep up the good work

Loopy Dane posted a comment on Tuesday 13th September 2005 10:09pm

You seem to have alot of pets, doesn't your wife mind? And with all of them having the same name (Peeves) how do you keep track?
Finally, Peeves? I know you are harry potter fans, but that name doesn't say much for your choice of pets. Surely they couldn't ALL be spaztic troublemakers?
-Loopy

taxzombie posted a comment on Tuesday 13th September 2005 3:34am

Hey! Nice site. Pleased to see you're setting up house here.


As always this chapter was a true pleasure to read. Your stories are ones that I check daily (and sometimes more then daily)for updates.


I thank you for the many hours of enjoyable reading you've given me. And the many more I am sure I will have reading your future work.