Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 9:41am

Ron's not only hit rock bottom, I swear he's drilled down to the mohovoric (sp) discontinunity and he's gonna have a long, long climb out of it; he's also lost big in seveal other ways as I'm certain that he's comments have turned off 'most every girl around his age at Hogwarts, with the possible oexception of some die-hard purebloods in Slytherin and I can't see him being interested in them with his predjudices. I also suspect he's going to find that Hermione no longer helps him with his homework.

The bit where he discovers "something" at the other end of the island was a nice touch of humor in the story, as was Ginny's acquring a wand and visiting a bit of vengeance on Ron.

Umbridge as DADA teacher for another year? 'Twill be interesting to see how long she lasts if she tries anything with Harry; i can see Scott demonstrating just *why* he wears those funny glasses.

Taim Kelrathos posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 9:38am

This is an awesome story and I eagerly await the next update. I'm not saying this to rush you (I really am!) but I want to just give you a little more encouragement.

Keep up the good work, and don't forget the usefulness of a Metal Gear!

Jiapa posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 9:30am

Thank you for another enjoyable chapter. I'm glad that Jean was able to give Dumbledore a clue about Snape's mind rape, but I'm still wondering what is and was going on in Dumbledore's mind to make him so passive about Harry's abuse, about Umbridge's appointment, about the ministry elections and about the articles in the paper about Harry.

I look forward to finding the answers in your next chapter! *grin*

Andrew Sak posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 9:28am

Excellent chapter. However, I'm not sure if Jean and Prof. Xavier have realized that Wizarding Britain as you make it out to be (i.e. Victorian ages, insular and anti-everything that's not a pureblood) is the right place for Harry to be, especially when his mind is not exactly stable. It will be interesting to see how you mesh his capability to use X-men tech and equipment with his wizarding powers (now that he's shielded the equipment from magical surges) against Voldemort and the Death Munchers. Also the reaction of the rest of the Hogwarts' student population on having a "Dark creature" attending classes with them - more isolation, muttering that stops as he comes into the room and of course the usual pureblood diatribe from the mini-Death Muncher wannabees? Kekekekeke.

Update soon! (The International Terrorist Retirement fund appreciates your frequent donations and would like to reward you with a lifetime membership to the Al-Qaeda 1-800 direct-to-Osama number). This message is also being copied to the Director of Homeland Security.

Ian Major posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 9:17am

Update Soon! (just kidding)

Love the scene with the dragon and now I'm annoyed that Umbridge is back, so, will she still be High Inquisitor with the ability to change the rules whenever something annoys her?

Crys posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 9:08am

> She claimed I was born of phoenixes turned human
*blink* *laugh* Oh, the irony . . .

> an' if there is somethin' in it that he wants me to share with yeh, I will. Otherwise, it's private," Hagrid said
Go, Hagrid! He's shown every sign of being a perfect lapdog in every fic (and canon). Nice to see a version who won't get pushed around by everyone.

> Cynthia Creevy
Huh. How will that play with Colin and Dennis's hero-worship of Harry? Or is she a non-relative?

Also, you're going with the "magicians are not mutants" line. Too bad. I wanted to see the public meltdown (and Ron's) when it was pointed out that every single one of the bigoted arseholes are the very thing they hate.

Thanks for the fun story. Looking forward to more.

Kail posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 8:39am

As always, a fantastic chapter. I particularly like that you're not having Harry just begin to forgive everyone for what they did - and I absolutely love how you describe Harry's measurement of betrayal. It's true, to the best of my knowledge, that Peter's betrayal of the Potters to Voldemort is the only real example we have in canon of betrayal for Harry to use. So, using it as his yardstick resonates perfectly in my head.

Regarding crossovers - you've hit the nail on the head, I feel. Far too many crosses I find have just too much thrown into it until it's not a crossover anymore, it's goulash. (at least I think that's the word for the dish that is whatever you tossed in the pot)

Til next time!

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 8:35am

I think you've struck a good balance with portraying Harry's attitude. It only makes sense that such a wounded teenager would be rather bitter and angsty, even with help. But at the same time, it's not a lot of fun reading about someone being all bitter and angsty all the time. So following other characters a lot of the time while he's angsting is a good choice, I think, as well as advancing the story setup.

I'll be interested to see what you do with K'nor. Between meeting her and being marked, it rather forcefully brought to mind Jeconais's TMW and WKGQ. The remark about someone who had a mark of the spiders, I assume, is small tribute to WKGQ.

But anytime I think 'oh, that reminds of X' that clearly, I find it reduces my perception of the story's originality. At least, until it shows that it takes it in a different direction. So hope that you do. :-)

I was bit surprised at how quickly Jean took the Muggle Studies job. In canon it seems that the professors all live in the school. I, for one, would not be interested in living away from my spouse for any where near that long.

Good chapter, this is really one of my current favorites. Thanks for sharing it with us.

James Barber posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 8:35am

Hey could you send my name and address to the international girl chapter of the nymphomaniacs! since you seem to want to send names to internation thingys!

Hey great chapter, love the dragon thingy and oh love the scene where mione told off the moron...uhm I mean ron!

Hey screw an update...bring on the strippers!

charlotte posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 8:34am

Another Good entertaining chapter. Hmmm hate to see how Harry is going to react with the Unbitch teaching again.

snoopmary posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 8:25am

Hi,

I was so excited when I saw your new chapter, though not telling me what Ginny did to Ron was cruel! Cruel, I tell you!

I really enjoy how you've brought out Minerva and Poppy's opinions on the actions of Dumbledore and how the scales have fallen from their eyes regarding their unwitting conscription into the cult of Dumbledore.

I also really enjoyed Jean's interaction/smackdown of Snape.

Looking forward to more!

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 8:22am

What a brilliant chapter. I like this Harry, pretty fed up, he's one step from bailing, it's only his families assurances that he really should face his demons up front. Snape and Umbridge should be interesting. If either of them messes with Harry too much, I'm figuring their in for a really, really bad day. The best part is, neither of them are smart enough to leave him be. This should be really interesting once school starts. Outstanding work as usual, thank you.

sparrowphoenix posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 8:19am

Another brilliant chapter. This is my favorite so far. I look forward to the next chapter. Keep up the excellent work.

If you're looking for another cross-over, why not try a Harry Potter/Dr. Who (with David Tennant as the Doctor of course).

Shadalarion2 posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 8:13am

Cool a Dragon... Maybe have that Dragon give Snape and Dumblefumbles a good beating or maybe throw them both into the North Atlantic minus thier clothes and wands.

Looking forward to more chapters.

twilliams1797 posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 8:00am

update soon?..no, update when your writing and rewriting allows it, when the story is polished to the fine sheen that has become the hallmark of Bobmin..We will patiently wait, and if we cannot wait, go and read something else.. the adventures of Mr Black, Maybe..
Thanks
ps.. here's my vote for a harmonian story, but if its not, don't mind me..
TimW

liquidfyre posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 7:59am

okay now for a Real review hehe

nice chappie specially the wolverine telling dumbledore thingy off. As for the people with ron troubles... ITS NOT YOUR STORY go bugger yourselves with spiky green banana's. Okay ron is an idiot normally but not every story in the world is gonna go that way. if ya don't like it WRITE YOUR OWN. But don't come and screw with other people just cause they don't write exactly what you want. Oh and finally *asks really really nicely and gives Alex some fresh snape eyes* Pleeeeease tell us what ginny did to ron?
While im neutral on him overall ginny is quite the evil monkey at times and i would love to know what she did to him

liquidfyre posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 7:54am

UPDATE SOON Please

does the please make it okay?

Treck posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 7:44am

Nice job. I like the fact that there will be two mutant professors at Hogwarts.

And Yes I consider Dolores Umbridge a mutant or at least a non-human.

Jack-A-Roe posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 7:38am

A very enjoyable chapter!

I find myself looking forward to the next chapter as soon as I finish the current one.

It was good to see that Harry hurt but did not kill the members of the Order.

I loved Ginny's reaction to the story.

It was also good to see Hermione starting to grow up and stand up for herself.

The talk with Dumbledore was good but I wonder why nothing was mentioned about Umbridge.

This chapter did a good job of setting things up: the mutants settled in the castle, the elves are helping, Hogwarts has been reintroduced, etc. Let the games begin!

I look forward to what the dragon's gift turns out to be.

Best of luck on the next chapter!

dragonclaw posted a comment on Wednesday 27th August 2008 7:24am

I have to say, that this story combination is alot more entertaining than I expected initially. However, you have developed an interesting and creative fusion that I quite enjoy.

In other words, great job! :)

Dragon Claw