Content Harry Potter

Reviews

stormmaster posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 1:42pm for Parallels

hmmm... what shall i say? shall i say that it was wonderful to read? shall i say it was thought provoking? shall i say how late it kept me up? shall i say that it is an idea perfectly distilled? shall i say, bravo, bravo!? shall i say, more, more!?

i say, all of the above, i say!

:)

daeshie posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 1:26pm for Parallels

i beyond loved it. kudos on the great AU-believable-ness....does that make sense? great character developement. kudos again!
daeshie

Euphemism posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 1:18pm for Parallels

That was so fun to read, despite it containing every single (slightly) overused/Super!Harry idea in the fandom. It's such a huge story, too. I've only got two nitpicks about it, though:
Point 1: It's not goblinspeak, it's Gobbledegook.
Point 2: Harry kills Draco Malfoy? That's a bit... odd. Certainly Lucius deserved it - he was using a dark Artefact to control the world. But was Draco involved in that? Because unless he was, I don't see how Harry could just off him without some sort of consequences (it would be bad if his Phoenix left him the moment they bonded!)
I did like how Harry finally gets a family in this world - I particularly like Dimensional travel story, especially stories wherein Harry gets a sister (I think the first one I read was Time of Good Intensions). It would have been nice to see a bit more interaction between Harry and his family, though.
Finally, the actions of the GEB holding company was a very nice touch, one that I'd like to see expanded some more - Harry 'fixes' the Wizarding World is always fun to read.

Philipe posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 1:06pm for Parallels

Very good.. Your forgiven for that fanficauthors folly.. Really, it was funny, but if i didn't like your stories so, i'd send both of you to a mental hospital.. This one was very mature and enjoyfull at the same time - strange that - and very well written.. congratrs on another one finish..

See ya

tubs posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 12:48pm for Parallels

Hey that was a great story. I always like a good H/Hr fic and this is a very well writen one and I like it a lot. I hope that you keep writing for as long as you can as I have become engrosed in your stories and they are really good.

The Resident posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 12:40pm for Parallels

The two of you have crafted an excellent story (even if you did leave in a spelling error or two -grin-). For being totally AU, it is still entrancing and consistant within the framework you created. All in all, a job well done. Keep up the good work.

Amanda posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 12:27pm for Parallels

This was a fantastic story! As much as I'm looking forward to reading "Sunrise over Britian," I would love to read a sequel to this as well. Please consider it. You've both created a facinating and truely origial Harry Potter fic. Your's are the BEST alternate reality fics available! Again, please consider writing a sequel to this! Please. Pretty please. Note: I not at all ashamed to beg here. :-D

meera posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 12:23pm for Parallels

that was an absolutely amazing story!!!! i loved it, although i shoudn't really be suprised at the quality of this story seeing as your other ones (on both this site and fanfiction.net) are always extremely detailed and have wonderful story lines. Congratulations on another story success!

Harrypassion posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 12:15pm for Parallels

that is the sweetest thing I have ever read.

Zaxxon posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 12:10pm for Parallels

A very long, excellent story here.
Thank you for writing it.

How's Sunrine Over Britain coming?

Karla Greenawalt posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 11:58am for Parallels

Great as Always!

stephen1 posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 11:34am for Parallels

i wanted to concur on what my dad said (he hooked me to fanfic with Dumbledore's army ) if you do profiction i want to know as soon as available .

Anastasia posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 11:27am for Parallels

wow... amazing... breath taking

I think that this story had a very well developed plot and well its really unique and I think thats why I really like it.

You guys are the best

Keep up the good work

Anastasia

stephen1 posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 11:26am for Parallels

you guys are simply the best !!!!
just for reference : it is " Université d' Érudition Magique Supérieur " but you can blame me i am french .
i still love all the stories you made .

sydneydallas posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 11:19am for Parallels

Oh, quite a nice read that ties everything up in the end. It makes me wonder about the Weasley's though, if the whole family believes in pureblood superiority.

Richard Webb posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 11:14am for Parallels

as usual for all your works, really most ecxellent. And a nice little tease to appease fans eagerly awaiting Sunrise Over Britian. Any possibility of that coming any time soon?

Alexis posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 10:37am for Parallels

Wow - that fantastic. I really enjoyed it! Wonderfully written, an excellent plot... just WOW!!!

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 10:15am for Parallels

Wow! I have so much to say about this story, and I don't know how to organize my thoughts.

First, I'm gonna be mean and nitpick. Harry's seen the ocean before, just maybe not enjoyed it. Before his first year, and it's possible he crosses or skirts it 2 or 4 times a year on the Express. It's also a bit strange what he knows and doesn't - he can't speak french or german, but he's fluent in Goblin-speak (you called it something else, and I'm not sure, but I've always thought it was called Gobbledegook). You mention near the end of the story that most of the Hogwarts professors had died, but at the start of the story you only mention Dumbledore and Flitwick... it's weird to single out Flitwick as a casualty, being a bystander in what we know of Harry, but -not- specifying McGonagall? It's also a little contrived-feeling that he can so easily whip out Griungott's documents and evidence against Fudge, and later knows the ins and outs of the esoteric and anachronistic laws of ANY wizarding world, let alone a world far enough removed from his own to so openly support the pure-blood Aryan nation. Somehow it's easier to believe he's a Master of Defense and Runes then it is to believe he'd study laws and Goblin grammar. There are some others, but this was such a HUGE story (and my reading paused halfway to go see the movie), that I've forgotten the other things.

Now the good stuff!

It seemed to me like you took every plot bunny from every other unfinished super!fic I've ever read - and I mean that in a good way. Mage stuff is common, there's a shadow mage story, phoenix-familiar fics, elemental magefics abound, the dimensional portal thing's from another... you took nearly all the greatest Super!Harry plot devices, added in my favorite ship (and a nod to H/G), and by Merlin you made it work! You forgot to make him a ninja, though... :-)

Thank you for giving us something that is such a pleasure to watch unfold. As I mentioned, I saw the new movie today and was totally let down. So much was shoved into such a short amount of time that everyone felt like a caricature of themselves, and Book 4 was the last of the canon fics that left me happy at the end... thank you for making my Potterday a success after all!

William Fowler posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 10:07am for Parallels

Great story.

By the sense of it, the story seems to be a one-shot? Either way, I love the writing style, and really enjoyed the storyline, though it did seem in places to be a parody of every Harry Potter storyline out there, in some fashion.

Thank you!

Crys posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 10:06am for Parallels

Very nice.

Ginny was virulently different, but that was the point. Only letdown was that we didn't hear anything about Gred and Forge.

Still, wonderful little nanu-nanu . . . er, neener-neener . . . NaNoWriMo (there we go) item.