Content Harry Potter

Reviews

wargear posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 3:07am for Parallels

It is 6am.

I have just spent the entire bloody night reading this.

Damn you for your fine storytelling.

Mark posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 3:05am for Parallels

Very nice. A great Post Thanksgiving treat. Looking forward to your next fic, if I remember right, Sunrise over Britian.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide us with excellent reading material.

jangel0982 posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 3:00am for Parallels

This was a really good story. I loved how Harry took control throughout the whole story. It was great work. Keep it up!

exileena posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 2:45am for Parallels

Fun story, but I'm glad its a one-shot. You did the dimentional traveler fanfic marvelously. Onto Sunrise!

physis posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 2:39am for Parallels

er, now that the gushing is out of the way...

the only thing that made me really pause and forced the veil of disbelief to be lowered was the environment at hogwarts pre-harry.

it definitely served as a useful plot device...but even with the climate of the english wizarding populace being in tune with blood superiority...it seemed a little farfetched that dumbledore (and a non-prejudiced teaching staff) would have let hogwarts decend into the madness of bigotry that it was. especially so far as to let muggleborn and halfbloods to be assaulted on the express.

i don't think the story would have suffered much if the pureblood students in any house had a major chip on their shoulders against non-purebloods...but to have dumbledore acquiese to seating by blood, have prefects arrange seating by blood, and to ignore the harsh treatment of muggleborns and halfbloods within the protection of the school walls and dumbledore himself seems...strange.

but aye. i loved the story nonetheless.

Ken Warner posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 2:38am for Parallels

Dear Bob and Alyx,
you are quite simply amazing - this is one of the finest stories, in any genre, that I have read in 40 years. The emotions are solid and real, the descriptions and dialogue superb - wonderful in every way, that you have done this concurrently with writing Sunset and Attack of the Authors is astounding - Can I pre-purchase copies of any profiction you write?
thanks and Warmest Regards
Ken

physis posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 2:32am for Parallels

gah, between you two and jeconais (and the others on this site)...i've really come to hate scrollbars.

silly paradoxical scrollbars. without them, i wouldn't be able to gleam more of your wonderful story...but with them i draw closer and closer to inexhorable doom (aka, the ending of the story).

i really enjoyed this. after devouring sunset and your previous works (which, incidentally, i need to re-read because i realized halfway through reading this that i couldn't properly summarize the plot of DA and Spiritus)i knew that hell would have frozen over (or the US would have pulled out of Iraq) before i read a story of yours that i didn't like.

and to think...here i was craving a good AU from a really good fanfic author. if i wished for a world peace, d'you think you could grant that too? ;-)

merlin99 posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 2:25am for Parallels

Great story. I would enjoy a sequel.

Alvin Au posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 2:23am for Parallels

Great stuff... altou I certainly didnt like the role that Ginny played, I realized that it had to be her for this story to work out. In my opinion, this is prolly your best work yet. The depressed, low self-esteem, i-want-to-die Harry wasnt overly done like in Sunset over Britain... it was also a bit weird with the Lily/Sirius pairing but thankfully it wasnt that prominent in the story... I loved how Harry was assertive in the feast and with Albus when he was explaining some of his actions to him... the ending was a bit abrupt in the end in my opinion becos harry and hermione's marriage was such a big issue nearing the end it was just weird that it wasnt included ... anyways... keep up the good work and I hope to read your next works soon...=)

P.S. - Are you guys going to be writing and H/G anytime soon??

Joseph Schuler posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 2:01am for Parallels

Fantastic. A real masterwork. Of course, this demands a sequel. Maybe after Sunrise ovr Britain?

Jacqueline posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 1:56am for Parallels

ARRRGGG! What a tease! I wanted to see the wedding! Wonderful story however. I definitely liked the idea of Harry being a dimensional traveller, and I think you pulled it off much better than some of the other stories I've read. Wonderful job!

hedwig_edwiges posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 1:30am for Parallels

Very interesting this parallel universes idea. I liked that you did it in one shot. The long stories are great but it's nice to have all together to read. I also understand the need to try diferent approaches and things with the characters but one thing that always made me believe on Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione pairing is that they complement each other. Harry needs the happiness and love Ginny can give him. And Ron needs the roots and patience Hermione can offer him. I liked your previous stories (DA, HP & tSC and S.O.B.) but I would like to see you treat Ginny with as much care and love you did for Hermione in these two last stories. She can grow up and become a nice woman and not only a temperamental girl as usually people show her.

Matt101 posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 1:28am for Parallels

Great job :)

m4r13 posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 1:01am for Parallels

That was grand. Almost six hours to read it... But grand. A good AU. Some old cliché, but a great journey in Harry's afterwar life. I love the way Harry has to court Hermione. Mix between her old self and new one. At the same time she's not quite the same, Life has way to change what we are.

A really good one. Hope to read another of your plot bunnies soon.

Marie
#crazy lazy french#

anonymous5 posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 12:59am for Parallels

Lovely story. I saw many places - one per page, easily - where issues came up with apostrophe usage and spelling when dealing with possessive and pluralized words; might want to recheck that, or have someone else take a gander, if you think it worthwhile. The plot itself, though, and the many twists you took presenting it... they were superb. Nice writing!

Erik GL posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 12:42am for Parallels

Great story Bob and Alyx. You got me teary in a few places and I really liked the different twist you put on things. I had a warm fuzzy feeling inside when I finished so I think you accomplished what most authors want in evoking empathy for your characters. I love your different romps through the Harry Potter Universe and look forward to reading more :-)

Erik

Ignoramus posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 12:26am for Parallels

This is one of the best dimension travelling stories I have read! (Not that I can find many, mind you.) It's extremely well written, like always, and has a wonderfully tangible conflict and resolution I can sink my teeth into.
Criticisms? I think it would have been better as a drawn out novel. The resolution was pretty quick - one confrontation between Malfoy and Harry and it was over. Ginny was better - more confrontations. I think the real problem was that even though the story took place over a sizable amount of time - quite a few months - the format of the story made it seem like everything was moving too fast.
And of course, the perks of a superHarry vs. the downsides. Very enjoyable watching him make the purebloods squirm and it was great how you showed Harry was not magically invincible with that Engorgio of the parchment, but his powers really cut down on resolution time.

Mickey posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 12:17am for Parallels

Great Story! I was hoping fot Sunrise over Britain but this is at least as good.

I really liked your Harry and the way he dealt with Ginerva.

There were a few nit picks in the story but none that I remember without trying so they don't matter.

The Unicorn

turnlach posted a comment on Saturday 26th November 2005 12:02am for Parallels

Simply amazing story Bob and Alyx. This is probably the best AU dimension fic I've read since it has my favourite ship and Harry was super powerful.

I would love to see a sequel but I can understand that you're priority is probably Sunrise over Britain.

Payne539 posted a comment on Friday 25th November 2005 11:43pm for Parallels

That was one the most moving stories I have taken the time to read. I must also say, I am one of those lazy people that read, but never review, till now. Since your first story I have checked at least twice aday to look for updates. You guys are great, I look forward reading more...