Content Harry Potter

Reviews

canoncansodoff posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 12:19am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

A very enjoyable start to a long-anticipated work. The Manipulative!DD and Jealous!Git!Ron were well done, and you've done a good job of making me wonder whether Dumbledore's contrition is genuine. Xavier's seems to be, at least.

I liked your mutant power choice for Harry. The threat to pull out Dudley's heart was a nice touch. I also very much appreciated Harry distinguishing between Molly's type of hugging and what he got from his Aunt.

Chris Williams posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 12:15am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Nice to see a new story from you. Love to see the whole "really pissed Harry", wonderful idea. Happily waiting for more.

Seel'vor posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 12:10am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

I've read a couple of X-Men/HP crossovers, and they weren't very good. But then again, if Bobmin's writing it, how can it be anything but?

In your special notice, you comment about people criticising you for H/G ship, and in the disclaimer, you mention that it's Ginny's first time in the seat next to Harry. What about Dumbledore's Army/Spiritas Crystalus?

Personally, with a story from Bobmin, the ships are irrelevant. You just know it's gonna be a damned good read.

Melferd posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 12:09am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

It is so good to see y'all back!!! Pardon me for a small moment of fangirl squee: *****throws confetti in the air and does embarrassing fangirl dance of joy******.
Kay, feel better, but stupid now.
I CANNOT wait to see a Dumbles/Xavier throwdown cagematch!! Two go in, one wheels out, woohoo!

I am very scared for poor Harry right now. Anikin Skywalker had less shit to deal with, and came out much darker. That the order would be so splendidly spineless with Dumbles is very true to character, but can Remus or Minerva bitchslap the man soon, please?
Kay, I need to drag out a small soapbox for a quick second *eyes Alex playing with small tactical Nuke nervously***
Hermione screwed up ONCE. A history of loving support should not qualify her for dismissal/castoff of the year. In alot of stories I've seen these days (not you) Harry forgives Ron every time, but Hermione screws up once, and gets all over Dark!Harry's bad side. She's a pain in the ass sometimes, certainly something of a rule following swot, but she is unfailingly loyal. She's smart, but trusts authority figures til they prove untrustworthy (Umbridge, anyone?) This is my peeve with fandom these days, not Bob and Alyx. You all write three dimensional people who are more true to voice than JKR managed in her last books. I just exploded here, hoping for like-minded indignation.
**Hastily breaks soapbox into kindling and stacks it neatly next to Alex****
I cannot wait for more, thanks for this

Lee Mercer posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 12:07am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

This ROCKS!!!! keep it coming !!!

Kevin Hendricks posted a comment on Tuesday 3rd June 2008 12:06am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Hi,

Thank you for actually writing a H/G ship again. I read almost all ships but I have been very disheartened by the backlash against one of my favorite ships by many authors which in my opinion has very little merit to base it on (except the need to differentiate their writing from JKR).

I was never much for the X-men but this does look interesting. If I remember my comic books (which were a long time ago) wasn't there a mutant witch (Wanda? or something like that?).

Thank you for sharing your work.

Kevin

DrT posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:56pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Very interesting chapter. Shame that Harry has to be matched up with a witch, esp. Ginny, but as set up Hermione is right out. (Luna would be interesting to see). And, of course, I like how you got rid of Kreacher.

"T"

sandstar08 posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:55pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

AH! I always thought Jean and Lily looked so alike.. but it was more of a "oh that's funny" sort of thing. I never thought to make an actual bond between Harry and Jean. Yay! I'm looking forward to this fic!

Oldwolf posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:52pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

This is not going to end well.

Xavier is going to have to tread carefully lest he become too closely associated with another "Professor" in Harry's mind. He could see Charles as throwing him some small tidbits to keep him meek and docile.

I really hope Harry is inclined to stay at the school. If he get gets caught up in a FoH rally or some other form of anti-Mutant idiocy that gets violent.... *shudder*.

All in all, I eagerly look forward to what happens next.

Daniel Hensley posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:47pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Out of all the Harry Potter/X-Men crossovers that I have read this one so far is in the makings of being the best. I can see how you can go literally dozens of ways with this story. Actually it would be very easy to have the story split off into several dozen other directions by what choices are made by which person. I wish I had the talent that you do in being able to write things like this but at the same time I pity you on this story because it is going to drive you frigging insane unless you drew up a rough outline and plan on sticking to it.

May the gods smile upon you and curse your enemies.
May your muse be a caffeine addicted, junk food junky, insomniac.

bratling posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:45pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

*claps* Wonderful start here! Once again, my anticipation has been greatly rewarded. *puppydog look* Please, more soon?

sblackfan posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:44pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Fantastic new story!! I can't wait to see how Harry handles his new powers and how he interacts with Logan and Scott.

Seth Blade posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:43pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Great story, I'm wondering though, what made you do this story where so many others failed?

Anyway, love the story, and hope you do a lot better where many others have failed, and hope you update quickly.

Sincerely,
Seth Blade.

ninnur posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:43pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Extremely well thought out and planned story. I can see possibilities of your direction and I can honestly see Logan filling a role that Sirius's death left empty in Harry. Both Jean and Harry's reactions lend credence to their familial bond and then seeing rightious indignation on his behalf from Jean will help Harry see that someone can come to his defense not to smother him but to support him.

I have read all of your stories and I love them all but this has the ability to be your magnum opus. It can be the Largest as well as the one with the best reader response.

Sarahb posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:42pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Looks like the beginning of a great story, I can't wait to read more...
I suppose there is a lot I could say, but I think I'll wait....after only one chapter one can't really start to comprehend what will come, so I'll just be looking forward to the next chapters

Amamama posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:39pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Woot! Cool story. If it's something our dear Harry deserves (just like the rest of us), it's having someone loving him unconditionally. I really look forward to finding out how you'll flesh this out - and I dearly hope Hermione and the rest of them will be able to mend their relationship and heal the wounds. Jean is an intersting woman, and I'm sure it'll be fun to read about Harry helping her harness her magical abilities. As it will be to see them all helping him come to grips with his life and his destiny. I guess his mutant abilities are 'the power he knows not' in this story? Poor Voldemort won't know what hit him. *sniggers*

Cheers!

Dervish posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:38pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

we have asked and bob and alyx have delivered. How often will you be posting new chapters. just a ball park figure would be cool.

draalder posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:38pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Good stuff, I liked the twisting you did to make it fit together. I hope you will flesh out the x-men characters a bit and it will be interesting to see how you keep them in the picture when Harry goes back to Hogwarts.

Bit of critisism: Some character reactions seemed a bit too cliche' (i.e. Hermoine's 'Oh no, Harry wont be my friend anymore after my betrayal', Ron being jealous, and so on) maybe go into a little detail instead of giving them one dimensional characteristics.

Also, any chance Harry could get a Lockjaw-like familiar like Kitty Pride has? He rocks.

gohanel posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:32pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

In one word, amazing. While some of the plot points might have been used before, this is the first HP/X-men crossover done by a decent writer. Hope to read more soon...

Jearom posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:28pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Alright it's finally here! And what a chapter! How much of the Marvel Universe is in the background? Will we see or hear about non-mutant superheroes? Any idea what your update rate will be? ;P

Most of all I like your portrayal of Fumbledore. He's not some mad Lord of Light, he's just an arrogant genius that doesn't like admitting he might be wrong.

The only thing I'm confused about is the letter campaign. At first it seemed it was Remus' idea and Fumbledore didn't want any contact, but then the Twins accused Hermione and Ron of lying to Harry on Fumble's orders. So who is at fault for lying to Harry this time?