Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Ghostdraconi posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:16pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

I'll admit that I'm not a big fan of this ship but the quality of writing is good enough to overcome my distase. I only hope that this isn't a Hermione/Ron fic because I've yet to read anything that will convince me that could work.

zac posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:15pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Woohoo...that was brilliant. Dumbledore and his order of the flaming peacock are in for a world of hurt if they try and go against the Mutants, not to mention Voldemort. I am glad that the Twins have left the order, Harry needs someone in the wizarding world to be on his side. I am also very disappointed (but not surprised) that Hermione outright lied to Harry. Ron didn't suprise me at all. Hmmm...did Ginny ever write Harry and lie to him? Harry's anger with the wizarding world was really well done. I loved the hints that he was still Harry underneath despite the threats to his relatives. I really think that Logan will be a big help in coming to grips with the anger and rage, maybe moreso than Xavier. Harry will already have ingrained issues with old men in charge and Xavier's roll in what happened may not help that. The redeming factor that Xavier has is that his is mostly unwilling to manipulate, this will help. It's great to see you two back. You did a fantastic job on this chapter and Kinsfire and Ishtar are to be commended on their fast turnaround and spectcular betaing.

redjacobson posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:13pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

very interesting beginning; and, yes, although I wasn't one of the gripers, I'm not a fan of the H/G ship; but, your writing is good enough to make it work if anyone's can.

I'll be following with great interest

red

Shadowglen posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:11pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Hello!

I must say I began your story with a little bit of trepidation. Crossovers bring that out in me. About the only thing I have NOT seen Harry Potter crossed with is World of Warcraft, and almost all of them are terrible. Although, as long as Harry rolled Horde maybe that wouldn’t be so bad. But I digress.

The truth of the matter is I truly liked your story. I thought the way you brought the mutant and magical backgrounds together through Jean ‘Evans’ to be fantastic. I’m surprised that more people haven’t made the connection through Jean Grey and Lily Evans sooner.

I generally liked how you handled the characters of the Order of the Phoenix. I like the standard Post-OOTP plot just as much as the next guy, with Dumbledore and the Weasely’s being bad and betraying Harry along with various doses of other characters, depending on the author’s fangirl(boy) tendencies, but its been getting a tad old as of late. You almost went there with Molly Weasley but seemed to back off. I haven’t made up my mind if this Dumbledore of yours is truly a good being who has made mistakes that he now regrets or if it’s just an act and he will return to his old ways. Your little monologue of Prof. X’s at the end leads me to believe it’s the latter. A bit disappointing as I’d love to see a good Post-OOTP fic with a decent Dumbledore, but I’m sure it will work out in the end. I’m glad you graced Harry with the good will of the majority of the wizarding characters.

Although you did not spend much time on the mutants in this chapter other than Prof. X and Aunty Jeany, I’m optimistic where you are going with them. I would have liked to hear some bitching from Logan, but I guess I can accept the argument that it would have detracted from the overall plot establishment you were going for. Guy can wish though, right? The best X-Men/Potter crosses I’ve read draw on the parallel of both Scott and Harry being orphans with "gifts". Don’t know what you have planned, but it’s not a bad plot line if you need something.

As for Harry himself, I found his character to be a little off in the beginning. His moods changed a little quickly for me during the first part. Going from confused and mourning to homicidal and suicidal I guess isn’t a really big leap, but it played out rather awkwardly. It evened out toward the end though and seemed to make more sense looking back than it did while reading through it. I can tell you plan on spending quite a bit of time focusing on Harry’s mental state. That shall be interesting.

All in all, I found it to be a good introductory chapter. Not too much has happened in the way of plot progression, as its just the first chapter, so I can’t leave you with any thoughts there, but I will be checking back.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share this story with us!

Best Regards,

Shadowglen

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 11:10pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Wow. This has started out with a fantastic style here, and will be curious to see what all Harry's final mutant abilities will be, as they seem awful similar to Shadowcat. I look forward to all the X-characters that show up, and how Harry will adjust, especially considering the towering rage he was in for so long. Is the Horcrux still embedded in his scar as well, and how much will that interfere with his abilities? Ron, well, sorry, but I don't see him getting with Hermione in this fic, unless he grows up, a lot. Nice to see that Hermione might be getting out from under the cult of Albus, but Snape, too bad he couldn't do DADA training, and have a sixteen ton weight dropped on him, as he just seems to be in ultra-nasty mode so far. Great start here, and looking forward to how you get Harry and Ginny together, as well as Harry's return to wizarding Britain.

PS, does Excaliber exist in this continuity, so we might get to see Captain Britain, and also from which X-period are you taking most of the characters, from the Claremont time, the animation, the later 90's comics or a combo of all of them?

Rufus posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:49pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Oh. My. God...

Keith was right!!! I just finished the first chapter and I want to know the second one already....

I'm leaving this review and then I'm clicking on the "next" button (already available?! I must be dreaming...)

This is good... Really good...

minervakitty posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:42pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Pretty good. I'm surprised that the wizarding world will leave Harry alone. Is Ron going to make a biggger ass of himself? I do hope that Jean, Scott and Logan are able to reach Harry. Does Harry have control over his family and the Black's estate? I'm surprised that this isn't a HP/HG story, but more of a HP/GW one. Will Harry meet his grandparents or the parents of Jean?

Ken McAndrew posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:42pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

So this is basically using the X-characters and not in a continuity? Just checking because if Harry is Jean's nephew, there's all sorts of relatives in the woodwork you could bring out...plus that whole pesky Phoenix Force thing... :)

Philipe posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:41pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

You guys do know that leaving the link for the next chapter and having it return to the first is just evil. I shouldn't leave a review at all. And fishslap you both, and yes Alyx, i know what a mess it makes.. hunf!

Anyway *keeps the glares on*, i like it so far, but Dumbles looks a little strange giving up after all he did. He seems to have Multiple Personality Desorder, specially on the order meeting. Xavier looks interesting, but i couldn't quite grasp when in X-Men does it takes place. I don't need an exact episode (tho if it's after the whole Xavier turns evil thing i'd like to know) or if it follows the teens tv-series.. Just so i can properly imagine them..

Harry seems to have a split personality as well, but more of an internal struggle between good and evil..

Can;t wait to read more. As long as the damn link is fixed! *Double Glare*

razor_M posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:39pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

badass story, as always. keep it up!

Todd Rodgers posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:37pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

I was really looking forward to this story when you first made mention of it. It's VERY interesting at once, and I'm anxious to read more. Harry meeting Logan should be... truly interesting.

How far in the X-men timeline are you putting him? In other words, who will his peers (that he'll likely freak the hell out of) be?

ClaudiaLilly posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:21pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Interesting beginning and I'm looking forward to the rest of the story. I see as per most HP?X-Men crossovers Ron is going to turn on Harry for being a mutant, at least in this one Hermione is useing her own judgement without being related to a mutant or a mutant herself.

archean posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:19pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

An amazing start... going back to read some of your other works again while i wait for the next chapter

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:18pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Outstanding story so far, though I'm a little curious as to the logic behind Hermione's actions. Ron is easy, he's a jealous little twit, Ginny gets a pass because she's not really close to Harry at this point, but Hermione's decision to lie to Harry is a bit puzzling, I understand it as a plot point to drive a wedge between her and Harry and open a space for Ginny to slip into, but I'm hopping you have a good reason from her point of view on it. The other thing I'm really hopping to see is Logan have a discussion with Dumbledore and Snape in regards to their past actions towards Harry. Again, outstanding story so far, thank you.

t-dugong posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:15pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

nicely done. knowing ol'dumbles, he'd be huffing and pawing away at xavier indirectly, perhaps with some intermediaries from magical america? and just how powerful is harry anyway? from what you inferred, he seemed to be able to tap into some kind of energy field. takes a lot of powers to turn from solid to intangible and then to travel. perhaps harry can use his magical powers to fuel his mutant abilities? anyway, keep up the good work :)

Exarikun posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:06pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

huh, i just pictured a face-off between remus and wolverine.

"so harry tells me you're a werewolf."
"well, they call me the wolverine."
-SNIKT!-
"wanna see who's claws are bigger?"

something silly like that...

lauren2 posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 10:04pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

ooooooohhhhhhh Nice

Christopher Estep posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 9:58pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

We have Abused!Harry, Manipulative!Dumbles, Manipulative!Xavier, Git!Ron, Perceptive!Twins, Shocked!Remus, Shocked!Tonks, Puzzled!Moody, and, as usual, Surly!Snape. Amazing that neither Dumbles or Professor Xavier have clean hands (even more surprising is that there was, at one point, a Dumbles vs. Xavier battle that both basically lost, though each got the Evans they wanted most; Petunia may well have been one of the casualties of that battle). If I were Snape, I would hope that neither Jean OR Harry comes anywhere near Hogwarts, because both are Rather Angry with him. At least for once, Dumbledore is playing it safe and staying as far away while Harry heals as possible. Ron is in So Much Trouble! (Not just with Hermione, either.) A training regime overseen by Scott and Logan, combined with Harry's developing mutant capabilities, will only spell disaster for the Death Eaters (and especially for Riddle).

John Conner posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 9:58pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Excellent beginning for a story. I like how you've approached the various characters in this. I've seen a few x-men/hp crosses done before but just from what I've seen so far of this I suspect your's is going to be at the top in quality. I look foward to seeing where you go with this.

ShadeHawk posted a comment on Monday 2nd June 2008 9:54pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Good work (although it starts with too typical Manipulative!Dumbledore and Angry!Harry). Let's see how it would develop...

Keep up good work!