Content Harry Potter

Reviews

Muirnin Cocan posted a comment on Thursday 5th June 2008 12:53am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Dear Bob & Alyx,

Well after 2 days of trying to read at work I have finally gotten through Chapter one.

My background regarding X-Men is quite comical since when I first met my husband 12 years ago online he went by the nick 'Wolverine' ... Ironically he thought of me as Jean Summers ...

I have been an X-Men fan for years (obviously) and for that reason truly is the reason I decided to begin reading this despite my delusional shipping preference.

This first chapter has been very well done and I believe very believeable in a fantasy/fan fiction sort of way.

My ONLY request CAN I HAVE HUGH JACKMAN AS WOLVERINE COVERED IN CHOCOLATE?

Love ya both!
As Always,
Muirnin - may the muse AMUSE

Tarkas posted a comment on Thursday 5th June 2008 12:16am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

So, the long-awaited cross-over has begun -- whacko! And it's well up to your usual standard. Both the HP and X-Men characters are portrayed very well (Ron's bigotry seems a bit extreme, but he is like that in some ways). Xavier in particular comes across just as he does in the movies (I can hear Patrick Stewart saying his dialogue), which is probably my current favourite version of the character.

Excellent idea to have Jean a long-lost fraternal twin sister of Lily -- definitely one of the better ways to merge the universes. Harry's mutant powers are intriguing, too: they seem to be centred on something like Jean's psi powers but with Nightcrawler-like teleportation, and related concepts like the "phasing" thrown in for good measure.

I could go on, but I think that other reviewers have probably covered it already (270+ as I write); suffice it to say that this is yet another wonderful tale from Bob and Alyx.

Unfortunately, it also has the (small) flaws that tend to characterise your work. You have betas, and good ones, but you really need an editor, and a Brit-picker, to clean up the prose and deal with oddities like referring to Surrey as if it's a town; it'a a county, and a heavily populated one that resembles one of the states that surround New York City in its relationship to London (commuter belt and the like).

So, great story, but it could be even better. I look forward to more at your earliest convenience.

nfk posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 11:10pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Coming into this story I wasn't sure what to expect as you're my... my... *blushes* my first (crossover). I just couldn't see how The X-Men and Harry Potter could play well together. And I'm quite happy to see how well they do!

The interaction between mutants and magic is fascinating (I got a kick out of Dumbles being taken down by Xavier and the threat on Hogwarts, oh what a jolly good battle that would be) and setting up Harry to teach Jean magic, well, that just tickles my fancy. I look forward to Harry's reaction to the various mutants and powers he'll be exposed to over the summer. Not to mention the possibility of all the X-Men baddies that could pose a problem.

And I won't deny tearing up a little when Harry called Jean mom. Or throwing a party after Kreacher's demise.

Excellent first chapter. I'm all strapped in and ready for wherever this crazy ride is going to take me.

solar1 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 10:09pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Yes! You are back! I'm not a fan of crossover but I know that you will do a great job!! In addittion, I love H/G, even if I know you you could write H/anyone!

bmatsea posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 7:38pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

wow another great story from you two. While I don't really like Ginny, I am hoping that this stays as good as your other stories.

Bmat

candace1 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 4:10pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

:)

sunshine0375 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 3:25pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

OH
MY
GOODNESS

THANK YOU! I have been reading fan fics for years, and have been wondering why there wasn't a decent effort at a HP/XMen crossover for some time. At last... I know that you, Bob and Alyx, will do a fantastic job. I am dying to know the extent of Harryh's mutant abilities... the power the Dark Lord knows not??? SWEEEEET!!!

I love this story already, and am not much of a reviewer, but I will make an exception for you two. I have never been disappointed when reading any of your fics. I am pleased at the consistent level of talent able to combine plot and character development that the two of you always exhibit. I know that reading your stories will always leave me satisfied. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Smooches!!

Sunny

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 2:31pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Ah, yes, and Albus has now clearly proved the old adage, "It's not what you don't know that'll kill you, it's what you know that ain't so." He obviously never considered, more like never understood, the stress levels he was building in Harry, and now it's all coming apart on him. IMHO, it couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

tru posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 1:48pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Wonderful start - looking forward to further updates.

Ryan Denton posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 1:34pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Wow, I really like where you are going with this! You just gave me another reason to check your site 4 times a day

allygator posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 12:06pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Awesome start! x-men/harry potter crossover are not usually my thing...but I really like how you set this one up. I've loved all your other writing and I can't wait to read more of this story. Just wondering, will Ginny end up being a mutant too???

jgkitarel posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 12:05pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Hoo boy, Albus sure screwed the pooch this time. At least with Charles Xavier and the others, they should be able to stabilize him mentally.

I can only imagin what will happen if he runs into Magneto.

FenrisWolf posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 12:00pm for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Walks into Grimauld Place's kitchen, smiles at Harry and Ginny(admittedly the smile is a bit strained), smiles at Hermione, hands her a beater's bat and points at the back Ron's head where he's leaning over the table, hoovering his fourth helping of dinner.

Whispers, "Go ahead, you know you want to!"

CRACK! CRACK! CRACKCRACKCRRUNCH!

Smiles as Hermione catches her breath, then fastidiously places a napkin over the evidence. "Next chapter, please?"

@@@@@@@@

Great story so far; one of the first things that told me that HBP was going to be a disappointment was how little emotional effect the loss of Sirius had on Harry, and that was before JKR decided to model all the character's relationships on bad teen romance novels.

As my little Omake indicates, I'm one of those crazy shippers you warned, and I have no intention of ragging on you or asking you to change it from Harry/Ginny to Harry/Hermione. If I can read Jeconais' various entries into Harry/Otherland (which always seem to include R/Hr by default), I can read yours, especially since your Sunset/Sunrise epic ranks near the top of the list of my all-time favorites. Iam holding out hope that unlike many other writers you will not feel compelled to automatically hook up Hermione with Ron by default. Fred would be better. George would be better. Fred AND George would be better still! Anyone but Ron! But be that as it may, even if you decide to redeem *shudder* Won-Won, I'll still read your tale, because you two are too talented not to read your work -- darn you. So, as my instigator of Omake-spawned vilence requested, next chapter, please?

Aki posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 11:52am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Oh yes, I like. Nice symmetry there with Dumbledore vs Xavier. With mutant powers and magic, Harry looks set to be a super powerful being. Is his mutant powers the 'power that he knows not'? Looks like another epic length story from you two. Thanks for sharing your story.

biged78 posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 11:47am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

AWESOME!!!! This is looking to be a great story.

Tlcatlady posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 11:37am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Yay!!!! I like the darker Harry who's fighting back. I'm tired of seeing him as a perma-victim to his situation and am looking forward to finding out how he develops further in this story. Thank you :O)

redhandgrunt posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 11:16am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Great start to a story. I like that even though it is a Harry/Ginny ship you didn't throw Ginny into the spotlight right away.

Logan is either going to love or hate Harry.

Which and How many X-men are there?

PamelaC posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 10:53am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Ooh I like.

Papa MidNite posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 10:48am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

Thanks I was suffering from Bobmin withdrawal and I finally got my fix. Great story so far, it has a ton of potential, I can't wait to see Logan. I usually don't like Harry/Ginny but I know yall won't let me down. Keep up the good work.



PM

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Wednesday 4th June 2008 10:23am for Chapter 01 - Aftermath and Consequences

The first installment of the highly anticipated XMen/HP Cross over. I don't know much about the XMen universe but this first chapter of the story left me wanting more. After only one chapter I feel vested in the story alreaddy yearning for more. Harry seems very angry and I can't wait to see more of his mutant abilities. I guess I should go look up Logan and Scott to know more about them my only exposure was one of the movies so Xavier looks like Captain Picard to me forever now.

Thanks for the great first chapter! I will be checking my mailbox regularly for the next installment.


Rob