Content Harry Potter

Reviews

pav posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 5:57am

Another great and mighty chapter.
Liked and loved everything except the dragon part - a bit too much of Earthsea there.
I am too busy watching that internationally televised fanfic where Kingsley Shacklebolt and Mad-Eye Moody compete for the American Ministry of Magic so no call for an update from me.Not yet.

larry freshour posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 5:50am

Great,Great,Great.The best story out there in a very lon time.Keep up the good work.A very decaded reader.

jdcox61 posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 5:50am

Good work guys. I want to say bravo for not going all crazy and taking that whole box of super-powered harry cliches and setting it in Harry's lap saying "Here you go, pick which ones you'd like, take 'em all if you want!" I try to read some of those and by about the third chapter I'm saying this is so ridiculous, I can't even read it. I must say about the only X-men knowledge I have comes from the movies, so what you're working with is just fine. I think this story is great. You're work is always well written, and this is something new so I eagerly read each new chapter when I get to work. Good job you two!

RNCybergate posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 5:45am

All right...this is looking great...as usual...

I see Harry has made preparations to 'protect' himself from professors like Snape and rightly so, but what about Umbitch?

I take it he has no idea that she will be returning for the next year (strange, since with the curse on the DADA post I thought the curse wouldn't allow the same professor to teach the subject for two years in a row.)...

Anyway...

I take it Harry has no idea that Umbridge it teaching this year...otherwise I'd have expected him to drop that class too.
Or at the very least have a plan ready to combat her.

Now that Harry is officially a dark creature she will be against him even more.
We all know how much Umby hates half breeds, Dark creatures etc...

I can hardly wait to see/read what will happen when these two enemies meet each others again in class.

I really hope though that Harry won’t let her use the Blood quills again...if she does please do us all (and the world) a favor and take her out.

Preferably in an effective and gory way.

*smiles* :)

Personally I wouldn't be against a full scale ministry mutiny or a wizzarding civil war.

"Hell hath no fury than a mutant scorned"
(especially when that mutant is called Harry Potter)

I'd love to see the wizarding worlds reactions if they were to hear Harry tell them 'to bugger off and that he won't help them against Voldemort because they really aren't worth saving and so hardly worth his time'... (Just as long as Voldy leaves him alone of that is of course)

Might be a good way to get them to all swear binding wizzarding oaths to change all those stupid laws and be nice to muggles/muggleborns and all magical creatures/half breeds etc etc in exchange for Harry's help.

If Voldemort is clever he would simply leave him and his family alone and concentrate on the rest of the wizzarding world.

Besides since Harry is the only one who can defeat him, if Harry doesn't fight him then old Voldy can't be defeated and is in all scenes completely immortal.

As far as I see it the so called light side is doing a far greater job at destroying them selves than Voldemort could ever do by losing their only real weapon.

I wouldn't sabotage their efforts if I where Voldemort...I'd simply let them continue and keep out of Harry's way altogether.


Dustin Johannes posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 4:42am

And finally to all those people that leave reviews that simply say "Update soon!" Knock it off. We know where you live and have sent five dollars in your names to the International Terrorist Retirement fund, then we sent that information to the department of homeland defense. Don't bother trying to run, they are coming for you.

<--Subtle. Nice and subtle.

Great chapter, Alyx and Bob. Favorite part here was when Molly and Hermione realized Ginny had 'found' a wand. Was almost hoping to find out what happened in the ensuing confrontaion between Ginny and Ron.

Thanks for this chapter, and here's looking to your next.

mercurydreams posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 4:19am

As always, an awsome chapter and i can't wait until the next one! Thanks

Carol Layland posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 3:26am

Hi to Bobmin, I will be more specific in this review but be fore I do let me introduce my self and my credentials. I am a retired High School English and History Teacher. I can if you wish submit my teacher's credential Number and state. Now! First, I love you disclaimers and author's notes. They are great fun to read. Second, I find that your writing is well planned and your outline must of necessity be massive as your work is most impressive. Third, Having given you much praise, I must say that your grammer has gotten much better but you still make very silly mistakes that your Beta Readers seem to miss on a regular basis. One very glaring one is the use of improper pronouns in a sentence. A case in point comes in this chapter's notes in the sentence "He'll be in the story & Harry and (HIM) will make up. No, NO. The phrase should be Harry and He will make up. To check the accuracy of something like leave out the modifying word or words thus. He'll be in the story. Eventually He will make up with Harry. You see??? If not check this out in an English Grammer Book. Carol

azrael3 posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 3:24am

very good im looking forward to the chapter

jeffstrauser@yahoo.com posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 2:55am

Outstanding chapter!!!! Is there even such a thing as the International Terrorist Retirement Fund???? Shouldn't it actually be the International Retarded Terrorist Retirement Fund???? Do keep up the outstanding work and update soon please!!!!:):):):)

Clell65619 posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 2:43am

- I was glad to see you differentiate between mind magics and psi.

- the Muggle studies lesson plans date from 1902? Gee, there haven't been many advances since then have there?

- Good chapter, lots of fun. Thanks.

Michae1ange1o posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 2:37am

Another great chapter for another magnificent story. I have yet to find a story written by you guys that I DONT like. You seem to add a zest into your stories that make them exiting while avoiding the cliche pitfalls. Well done.

Soooo.... question time.

what exactly did Ginny do to Ron that was so explosive? will the Ferret's mouth write a cheque that his magic couldn't cash? hope it will be covered in the next chapter as well as mucho Snape whooping.

Harry in a jump jet with Ginny on his knee, K.I.S.S.I.N.G

cheryse posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 2:22am

I don't blame you for hating "update soon", that drives me crazy too. I really enjoyed this chapter and plan to read it again and again. I love that Harry calls Jean & Scott "Mom & Dad". I'm especially curious to see the benefits that Harry reaps from being marked by the dragon.

I'm also having trouble feeling sorry for Hermione and Ginny. They were quick to attack Ron, yet Luna (I'm assuming it was Luna) was the only one to write an editorial to defend Harry. They both seem to just be all talk and self pity so far. It doesn't really make me want to pull for a Harry/Ginny union.

a_wanderer posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 2:19am

Your threats mean nothing to me, I'm likely already on their list! Living in muslim Africa for a few years will do that for you.

Good chapter, the story has developed considerable depth and complexity. Well done.

hedwig_edwiges posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 2:04am

That was a great chapter. And I really liked K'nor. It's always interestingto see intelligent magical creatures being brought into the story. And Hagrid's attitude was great too. Usually he is portraited as a blind follower of Dumbledore and it gets old. It's good to see him treated a bit better. I notice how Umbridge as DADA teacher wasn't informed to Jean or comment at all. I think it means you're preparing a good scene between her and Harry, huh?

Hamilton Wrye posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 2:02am

I'm just looking forward to the moment that Harry realizes that Umbridge is his DADA professor.

spud posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 1:49am

woot!, Update Soon! or whenever you get to it :)

Mariposa posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 1:41am

Hmm, did Hermione really leave her wand behind on the 10th without realizing it? I think it would have been a little better if she said something like "Yes I have it right..." patting her pocket and then her eyes go wide! It doesn't seem likely she'd forget it behind unless of course she meant to leave it behind.

I enjoyed this chapter so much! Thanks for updating. The dragon part was awesome and DD getting put in his place was brilliant! I can't wait to see what happens once the school year starts. I hope Harry doesn't have to put up with too much shit and I hope Snape has to put up with a lot.

Peter Clark posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 1:41am

Giggles for the "Update soon!" - I always do love your author's notes (and your disclaimers!) as they are so much fun to read.

Much like the rest of your stories! Once again a brilliant chapter, and I look forward to how Jean teaches Muggle Studies:

"Hello children, today we are studying Muggle War. This is a nuclear bomb, and this is what it can do... makes a 'reducto' or 'avada kedavra' look quite tame, doesn't it?"

"A muggle version of Owls? Well, we do have this thing called the Internet."

"Flying at 100mph? Try a jump jet at 3,000mph."

So many options for funny scenes ^_^ Imagine a field trip to a nuclear testing range when Malfoy doesn't believe Mrs Summers!

EricThorsen posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 1:00am

I've enjoyed the way that you are controlling the bleed over of the universes in this story. This story is definitely coming across as a Harry Potter story with the X-men world bleeding in. I also like the way you have written Jean Grey-Summers, and Harry's reaction to her. So far this is one of the better stories I've read recently. Keep up the good work.

silvanis posted a comment on Thursday 28th August 2008 12:56am

All in all this chap was pretty damn good. In my opinion a certin grease ball (hint hint) so get a visit from Logan. Other than that I really like the story and hope to see the next chapter soon.