Content Harry Potter

Reviews

DAUFahnder posted a comment on Saturday 10th January 2009 10:39pm

Hi!

Hope you get your health back soon, so you can update this great fic!

ClaudiaLilly posted a comment on Saturday 10th January 2009 4:38am

I love this story but I'm a little confused. Earlier in the story you established that electronics get fried easily around harry and Jean when they use magic near said electronics. Yet in this chapter you have Jean ask harry if he'd PACKED the jet, indicateing he'd shrunk it useing magic. Yet in the very next paragrph you state that the jet will be returned to the factory to be shielded against magic once they return to the school. Umm call me crazy but if the jet HADN'T been shielded yet wouldn't shrinking it with magic have fried ALL of it's electronics in the process? Seems to me it would've been better for Harry and Jean to use a JJ2 that had already been shilded against magic so that Harry could have already engraved the shrinking and enlarging runes he'd told Jean and Scott about when he had his first flying lesson with Scott. Or am I misinterperting your intent?

Malchior posted a comment on Monday 5th January 2009 8:13pm

I've glanced over and read a few X-men/HP cross overs and I'm glad to say yours is the best so far. The handful of others I've come across tend to make Harry either some super mutant and ignore magic as if it doesn't effect them, or he and the X-men practically dominate the whole Wizarding world because they can't fight back. Yours is leaning a little toward the second kind, but that is more because the Wizarding world has little or no experience with them and don't know what they can or cannot do.

I loved your idea of the runic magic and how any one can use it. It always seems when people start thinking of things like runes or arithmancy, they think it's only used for wards, in the case of runes, or in some strange way using something like the Quadratic formula would give you the wand movements and incantation of a spell (I firmly believe they weren't thinking when they came up with that part).

I wonder if Harry and Hank will ever develop a true science/magic invention? For instance, using Harry's runic battery ideas and other runes on the X-men gear so that they no longer require maintenance. I'd imagine an ever lasting battery in the Blackbird and runes to magically repair the ship when damaged and even runes for magical stealth would be much appreciated. Or even some automated defenses spelled to fire Stunners, Recutors, Tickling Hexs (Can't fight well when laughing uncontrollably) etc. depending on the situation would be very good for the X-men. I mean they have a new untapped power here that I'm sure Harry would be all too willing to provide for his new family. Another possibility is portable Protego Shield generators, again powered by Runic magic. I'd imagine some of these would be impossible (in your world), but then again, it may be possible with the True Silver Harry has.

Oh ya, update soon and $10 please.

Lordamnesia posted a comment on Sunday 4th January 2009 9:56pm

I have always been extremely leery of any X-men/HP xovers, because frankly, with all the different X-Men they often get ridiculous and make Harry move entirely into that universe, and give him god powers. That being said, FANTASTIC JOB! You have kept it simplistic in form, the mutant contact limited in scope (not that they are a bad thing, but like I said, its easy to get carried away), and didn't give Harry mutant god powers! Very enjoyable, likable, and easy to sympathize with characters! Keep up the fantastic work!

And just because i love the AN at the end of the 4th chapter, Update SOOOOOOON! (Oh, and I would like my 5$ sent to the Suicide Bombers Retirement Fund, if there is a distinction on where you send them).

C. Harris posted a comment on Friday 2nd January 2009 4:52pm

But if I say, "Update soon please!" does that get me off the hook? I look forward to seeing where the mark of the dragons will go in this story. I don't think I've ever read about that before.

Robert Robinson posted a comment on Thursday 1st January 2009 10:37am

Hi Bob and Alyx. I folloed your Sunset series, and absolutely loved it. I have always been an avid X-men fan, right from my mid teenage years until now. There haven't been many stories that have successfully been able to mix Harry Potter and the X-men, and do it well. Thankfully, you 2 have managed to do what many others have only tried to accomplish. My congradulations to you both. Now, I'm not gonna inquire as to when the next update will be, because I do know how real life and writers block can quickly put the kibosh on a story. I will say though that I hope that the long wait since the last update isn't because of Bob's health. I seem to remember something about that from the Sunset series. Once again, love your stories..., and keep up the great work!

Shadalarion2 posted a comment on Tuesday 30th December 2008 4:46am

Decided to reread this again. Looking forward to seeing more interesting chapters.

Happy New Year

marb_66854 posted a comment on Friday 26th December 2008 11:33pm

I hope to see where your muse takes you with this. I have realy enjoyed your stories and hope you coninue

Xyverz posted a comment on Tuesday 23rd December 2008 10:10pm

This is a FANTASTIC story! I'm eagerly looking forward to the next chapter. :-D

mulligan posted a comment on Tuesday 23rd December 2008 3:19am

I'm conflicted. Part of me was the 15 min of fame achieved by Generic Reader 6 in PotP, while another part doesn't want to be hacked to pieces.

What the hell, I can always be put back together...

Great Cahpter, rite more! Upd8 soon!

coronal posted a comment on Saturday 20th December 2008 6:35am

"update soon!"

just kidding.

I've just gone back for a re-read of this story, and really find I enjoy it, as I have with the rest of your works. This Harry seems a bit more emotionally traumatized, and psychologically unstable than many stories show, which I think adds realism and vulnerability to a character who is already powerful and will become more so.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what will happen next, especially with Jean teaching muggle studies, and, although I know you've mentioned that the other juvenile x-men won't really be taking part in this tale, I still hope you may decide to change your minds and open up the world a little bit more...eventually. AFter all, Harry may end up fighting both wars, in which case, his relationship to the other x-men may prove important.

Anyways, you two have a good holiday, if you can.

wolfey posted a comment on Thursday 18th December 2008 1:33am

um I love the story but is the next chapter coming out soon?

ladyimmortal posted a comment on Wednesday 17th December 2008 10:45am

Any chance of an update anytime this millenia?

Magnificent the Destroyer Lord posted a comment on Tuesday 16th December 2008 12:07pm

I remember how much I liked this the first time around - not to be obnoxious or pressuring, but out of curiosity... wha hoppen? Is the story dead? I hope not - it's really a beaut.

Hope you'r doing well and have a happy holidas/whatever you ractice

M*T*D*L*

P.s Pardon the misspelling at the end my creenreader's being ornery.

Alex00 posted a comment on Sunday 14th December 2008 2:16pm

Awesome story so far.

thughes_99 posted a comment on Saturday 13th December 2008 9:40am

i just have to say that im impressed with this story. Most of the xovers ive read that mix HP/whatever pull too much from one side or the other but you have a very nice balance and a good story going. Looking forward to the next post!!!

qwikshot posted a comment on Wednesday 10th December 2008 11:25am

i LOVE this crossing of the potter & x-men universes and can hardly wait for an update

so, the creepy brothers have a mutant sister? this promises to be quite interesting, as well as the reactions of snape and the death nibblers

viva la mutants!

(thanx for sharing your wonderful tale thus far ... qwik)

Rage and Light posted a comment on Monday 8th December 2008 3:48am

Hey this has been quite a good start to the fisrt harry potter x man crossover I've seen and it's very good, I've been very impressed with how you're joined the two worlds and I hope you will continue this story soon

david

Ossindie posted a comment on Saturday 6th December 2008 10:01pm

Well. Normally, I don't read crossovers. It would take a lot to convince me to actually start reading one, and in this case, it was only because I love most of your other stories that I even thought about giving this one a shot. And I'm glad I did.

The lines between the two universes are blurred just enough for the 'transaction' of Mutants into the Wizarding World to be possible, and yet defined enough for the WW not to lose any of its original charm and slip into something as obscure as the multiple crossovers I've seen some people do. *shudders* I've actually witnessed a Potter/Buffy/LOTR/Mutant crossover... I still have nightmares from just skimming through the monstrosity.

I do hope the girls in the disclaimer were properly paid and that you ensure all your employees have their basic needs covered. Other than that, I find your disclaimers to be quite entertaining, although my fiance is horrified. Then again, he was horrified at reading through two passages of Candide, so I knew I shouldn't expect much... philistine. *scowls*

Larry Lansday posted a comment on Saturday 6th December 2008 8:38am

Very nice chapter, I really enjoyed the Dragon scenes. Hagrid is quite the key player isn't he? (I haven't seen that in many fics, he's often overlooked and a very background character.)
This is a very well written cross over and I will be pleased when more comes out, but please take your time and enjoy the writing. :)

So long and thanks for all the fish.

-Larry